River Island

River Island Employee Reviews in Dublin

Found 32 reviews matching the search See all 1,498 reviews
I enjoyed working in River Island. I made lifetime friends and I hope to work their again
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 November 2019
The management was really friendly. They helped when you had problems with your hours and etc. I enjoyed working at River Island and it brought new accomplishments in my life.
Bad company
Retail Assistant - Product (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 October 2019
The company is terrible. Really low wages. Expected way too much with extra pressure. The management are horrible and do not care about staff. Would not recommend
productive
Dublin (Current Employee) –  Dublin Centre21 December 2018
So working at river island is really nice because they really make you feel like a part of the team as well they show you everything and explain to you everything for when you have to be alone or without supervising you can have the confidence to know what you have to do without a doubt.
Bad
Dublin (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 December 2018
very bad place to work, staff are treated like rubbish and managers are awful, company is very badly run with stock and pay always wrong, would no recommend it to anyone
rejeceter
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 August 2018
very little hours
staff and management were very friendly and always provided great customer care service to their customers.

contracts were very small would of been better to get a slightly bigger contract
Productive fun and everchanging
DEPUTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 June 2018
A typical day is usually extremely busy and never the same.
Continuous learning and upskilling keeps the team motivated and driven.
Excellent in line management and support through senior management and also between stores.
Enjoyable workplace culture as team are all very hands on and hardworking.
Hardest part of the job is the ever changing team and trying to retain staff.
Pros
staff discount
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 June 2018
At work i focus mainly on stock replenishment which involves taking certain stock from the stock room and bringing it out onto the floor as items on the floor are purchased. We also restock the stock room when a delivery comes in. We work in a team environment and the staff are friendly and welcoming. the hardest part of the job is getting used to the stock room as it is a vast area, and so it takes time to learn where everything is held. Management is usually helpful as well.
Cons
Not enough hours on offer
high pressured
Senior Flagship Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  dublin9 May 2018
After working with the company for 12 years I have seen the culture change. It can be a very high pressured role with tight work dead lines due to lace of team members and managements refusal to recruit but still expect high standards and quick turn around.
Pros
clothing discount- even that is limited so could be better
Cons
high pressure - expectations can be unrealistic within time frame
Appalling Workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 April 2018
Worked with River Island for just under 2 years.
Would not recommend this company to work for to anyone! Management is shocking, salary is ridiculously low and the way they treat their staff is appalling.
The only perk of the job would be the 40% discount but even at that, it is not worth it.
Moral is very low and staff turnover is extremely high as management could be quite the bullies!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything..
A Good Experience overall
Sales Assistant and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin28 March 2018
In the past two years i've worked for River Island, i have enjoyed my time there, i have been fully-trained in all areas including stockroom, tills, and the floor which includes footwear and fitting rooms. The work is rewarding as the customers are always really appreciative of the lengths our staff will go to give them the best customer service around. All in all, i've enjoyed working there and would recommend it to anyone starting out in retail.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Low salary
fun place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 February 2018
It was fun just the hours were not good and the pay was awful the hardest part of the job was the long hours for bad pay and the most enjoyable part was the people i worked with and working with fashion.
Pros
Cons
long hours bad pay
Great place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 January 2018
I found river iseland to be a great working environment. The girls I worked with wore amazing at welcoming new team members and lending a helping at at getting new members settled.
Pros
Discount
Assistant manager fashion retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin city10 January 2018
Great store and company to work for. Fun enviroment l, fast moving and up to date with new fashion. At the time i found there development structure was still in need of development.
Pros
75% of uniform
Cons
Shift work
Great learning experience in a great environment
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin City Centre9 November 2017
River Island was a great experience for me, I really enjoyed myself there. I thought all of the staff were very kind and I made new friends amongst them. This experience helped me mature and get a taste of what it’s like in a quick paced environment and understanding the importance of a good working team to keep a business functioning! It also gave me an insight of a managers job in real life other than just studying throughout my business studies, which was very interesting!
Pros
Great Staff, good team work, good communication, well organised stock room and a great shop
Cons
Wages were monthly, Elevator wasn’t working at the time so stock had to be manually lifted up and down a lot of stairs.
Friendly but hectic environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 June 2017
A typical day at work was a four hour shift, which can be an inconvenience. I'd rather work a full day. I learned so much in terms of handling customers, mulitasking etc. It was a friendly environment, but the place I was in wasquite clicky.
Pros
quick shifts
Cons
inconvenient hours
bad place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 May 2017
good place to work good to work. always nice staff. always. lovely plavce. good money good staff. great staff. the best staff. easily the best staff. oohp
River Island fue una experiencia nuy buena cuando estudié en Dublin.
Dependienta (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 September 2016
Al principio me costó mucho por no hablas el idioma bien,pero me ayudaron en todo y no tengo nada ni regular que decir de esta tienda.
Pros
Ninguno.
Cons
Ninguno.
Typical work day
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 August 2016
It was very easy to get work done in RiverIsland, I really enjoyed my time there.

I was not very fond of the monthly pay but I couldn't complain about it, a job is a job and i was happy I had it

A typical day working there would be quite calm and relaxed, giving you finished what need to be done, Most customers were very lovely and friendly towards the staff, although there would be the odd few that were not so nice,
Pros
Discounts and good work hours
Cons
Monthly pay and rude customers
fun workplace and productive, very busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 April 2016
river island is one of the best companys to work for, i had a christmas temporary contract with them and i enjoyed every minute working there. The people are so nice and friendly and everyone respects each other. I would definetely recommend these as they're such a big and popular company and everyone shops here i would love to work for them again.
Fast pace, upbeaat store.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D21 January 2016
I found my time at river island very enjoyable. It was a bus journey away from my home therefore very easy to get to if I was called in for overtime. I was always kept busy on the tills, in a footwear department, in the fitting rooms or on the floor. My co-workers were very friendly and soon became friends we worked very well in a group together.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Island. Our community is ready to answer.