River Island

River Island Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin33 reviews
Staff were friendly to work with, work during Christmas period was tough. Good befits for staff such as discounts and uniform. Flexible hours for those in college
It was ok but overworked underpaid you get trapped cause you think your earning loads but really it's nothing. Management earned more to do nothing or question work they gave you and you followed it was just a rollercoaster of telling them you did as they asked and they never understand you.
The management was really friendly. They helped when you had problems with your hours and etc. I enjoyed working at River Island and it brought new accomplishments in my life.
The company is terrible. Really low wages. Expected way too much with extra pressure. The management are horrible and do not care about staff. Would not recommend
So working at river island is really nice because they really make you feel like a part of the team as well they show you everything and explain to you everything for when you have to be alone or without supervising you can have the confidence to know what you have to do without a doubt.
very bad place to work, staff are treated like rubbish and managers are awful, company is very badly run with stock and pay always wrong, would no recommend it to anyone
very little hours
staff and management were very friendly and always provided great customer care service to their customers.

contracts were very small would of been better to get a slightly bigger contract
A typical day is usually extremely busy and never the same.
Continuous learning and upskilling keeps the team motivated and driven.

Excellent in line management and support through senior management and also between stores.

Enjoyable workplace culture as team are all very hands on and hardworking.

Hardest part of the job is the ever changing team and trying to retain staff.
Pros
staff discount
At work i focus mainly on stock replenishment which involves taking certain stock from the stock room and bringing it out onto the floor as items on the floor are purchased. We also restock the stock room when a delivery comes in. We work in a team environment and the staff are friendly and welcoming. the hardest part of the job is getting used to the stock room as it is a vast area, and so it takes time to learn where everything is held. Management is usually helpful as well.
Cons
Not enough hours on offer
After working with the company for 12 years I have seen the culture change. It can be a very high pressured role with tight work dead lines due to lace of team members and managements refusal to recruit but still expect high standards and quick turn around.
Pros
clothing discount- even that is limited so could be better
Cons
high pressure - expectations can be unrealistic within time frame
Worked with River Island for just under 2 years.
Would not recommend this company to work for to anyone! Management is shocking, salary is ridiculously low and the way they treat their staff is appalling.

The only perk of the job would be the 40% discount but even at that, it is not worth it.

Moral is very low and staff turnover is extremely high as management could be quite the bullies!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything..
In the past two years i've worked for River Island, i have enjoyed my time there, i have been fully-trained in all areas including stockroom, tills, and the floor which includes footwear and fitting rooms. The work is rewarding as the customers are always really appreciative of the lengths our staff will go to give them the best customer service around. All in all, i've enjoyed working there and would recommend it to anyone starting out in retail.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Low salary
It was fun just the hours were not good and the pay was awful the hardest part of the job was the long hours for bad pay and the most enjoyable part was the people i worked with and working with fashion.
Pros
Cons
long hours bad pay
I found river iseland to be a great working environment. The girls I worked with wore amazing at welcoming new team members and lending a helping at at getting new members settled.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Great store and company to work for. Fun enviroment l, fast moving and up to date with new fashion. At the time i found there development structure was still in need of development.
Pros
75% of uniform
Cons
Shift work
River Island was a great experience for me, I really enjoyed myself there. I thought all of the staff were very kind and I made new friends amongst them. This experience helped me mature and get a taste of what it’s like in a quick paced environment and understanding the importance of a good working team to keep a business functioning! It also gave me an insight of a managers job in real life other than just studying throughout my business studies, which was very interesting!
Pros
Great Staff, good team work, good communication, well organised stock room and a great shop
Cons
Wages were monthly, Elevator wasn’t working at the time so stock had to be manually lifted up and down a lot of stairs.
A typical day at work was a four hour shift, which can be an inconvenience. I'd rather work a full day. I learned so much in terms of handling customers, mulitasking etc. It was a friendly environment, but the place I was in wasquite clicky.
Pros
quick shifts
Cons
inconvenient hours
good place to work good to work. always nice staff. always. lovely plavce. good money good staff. great staff. the best staff. easily the best staff. oohp
Al principio me costó mucho por no hablas el idioma bien,pero me ayudaron en todo y no tengo nada ni regular que decir de esta tienda.
Pros
Ninguno.
Cons
Ninguno.
It was very easy to get work done in RiverIsland, I really enjoyed my time there.

I was not very fond of the monthly pay but I couldn't complain about it, a job is a job and i was happy I had it

A typical day working there would be quite calm and relaxed, giving you finished what need to be done, Most customers were very lovely and friendly towards the staff, although there would be the odd few that were not so nice,
Pros
Discounts and good work hours
Cons
Monthly pay and rude customers
river island is one of the best companys to work for, i had a christmas temporary contract with them and i enjoyed every minute working there. The people are so nice and friendly and everyone respects each other. I would definetely recommend these as they're such a big and popular company and everyone shops here i would love to work for them again.