River Island

River Island Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate8 reviews
Ireland8 reviews
The most hours you would get on a sunday would be three hours. The staff are great you make great friends, hardest part of job was requesting time off
Pros
staffe
Cons
short hours
The company is terrible. Really low wages. Expected way too much with extra pressure. The management are horrible and do not care about staff. Would not recommend
Some managers would just get people below them to run around the place fr them and never done anything themselves. Bullying within the workplace and nothing was done about it. Favoritism was a big thing in the store. Couldn't take holidays during June. Could only get your discount on full price things and have to be working there 2 weeks until you got it. Your uniform could only be full priced too, and had to be there a certain amount of time before getting it. Most co-workers were so nice to work with while others weren't so much. Area manager was very frustrating whenever they came in just finding small things to give ouut about. Get blamed on things that was out of your control.
Pros
nothing
Cons
can't take holidays at certain times
I have had many bad job experiences but River Island is certainly not one of them.

One of the most caring companies with a very positive attitude. I would highly recommend anyone to work with them, I would go back in a heartbeat.

The typical day of work is fast paced but not stressful in any way, it's almost fun in a way.

The hardest part of the job was the unpacking of the Christmas delivery but what job has an easy Christmas.

The most enjoyable part of the job is certainly working with the people employed there. I have had such a positive friendly bunch of co-workers in any other job.
Pros
Location.
great discounts
great employees

hours are okay

customers are nice and kind

the most enjoyable part of being sales assistant is definitely helping customers to find the right outfit for them and seeing them leaving the store with a smile on their face
At work i focus mainly on stock replenishment which involves taking certain stock from the stock room and bringing it out onto the floor as items on the floor are purchased. We also restock the stock room when a delivery comes in. We work in a team environment and the staff are friendly and welcoming. the hardest part of the job is getting used to the stock room as it is a vast area, and so it takes time to learn where everything is held. Management is usually helpful as well.
Cons
Not enough hours on offer
Excellent place to work, always kept busy and fantastic training provided. Gained a huge amount of experience and also was able to take on new challenges.
Fantastic company to work fo my time here for christmas and I really liked it unfortunatly it was just for christmas of 2015 and I hope to one day work for river island again.