River Island

River Island Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Sales Advisor10 reviews
Ireland10 reviews
good workplace
Fast pace environment, everyday was different to some degree. Learned a lot about customer service and sales. Everyone working there was really friendly.
Friendly & helpful staff, great team work and a happy working environment, really enjoy my shifts ar River Island and look forward to going to work, the management team are top class
Stay away please
Awful company , management are rude and don’t respect the staff. Stay away, not worth it for a low minimum wage job. The canteen is untidy 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢.
Fun workplace, great atmosphere and staff
Great training provided, managers were very friendly and helpful.
Fellow staff were all great team workers, helped eachother with tasks, etc.

Only downside of the job is the pay.
___
Loved working here, would gladly go back at anytime. Very understanding as I was not in retail before here. Very thorough also.
Pros
Loved The Clothes
Fast paced fun environment
Typically upon commencement of your shift you check in with the manager and they will deploy you to whichever zone you will be working in. They will advise you of any tasks that need completing, your lunch/break time and if there will be anyone to cover you as well as expected targets for womens/mens/kids and daily focuses such as promotions available to customers that day on the web.
Once in your zone it is your responsability to acknowledge and great customers, offer assisstance, find sizes/products, or offer alternatives if the product cannot be found. Also you will be expected to upsell, ie, sell more items, a shoe if they're buying a dress, a tie if they're buying a shirt, etc. Cross-selling is also expected, whereby you will entice a customer to purchase something from another department, such as mens or kids, and you will be expected to inform customers about the availability of gift cards, store order and buying from the website as well as any relevant promotions you may know of.

The management I work with are fair, understanding and very helpful, and the staff are friendly and reliable.

The hardest part of the job varies day to day. Sometimes it can be gruelling to keep the sales floor tidy and shopable other times it can be dealing with a difficult customer and still having them leaving feeling valued and satisfied confident in the knowledge that you went above and beyond for them and that they will return again.

The most enjoyable part is when you have helped someone exactly what they were looking for and they leave feeling content and valued.
Pros
Staff discount of 30%, free clothes allowence
Cons
Not enough hours, promises of progression but to no result, minimum wage
Great atmosphere and excellent work place
A typical day at work was very enjoyable and easy to do. I learned alot of life tips that i still work by to this day. The co-workers are wonderful people and really give a helping hand when needed. The hardest part of the job is the long hours but very doable without any stress. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything, Getting on with the staff, getting on with the customers, Getting compliments off the customers to the managers, The whole atmosphere was always very lively and was always a pleasure to work there.
Good place to work, but no opportunity to progress so time to move on.
A typical day at work involves placing new lines onto the sales floor once delivery has been processed, both new and replenished lines must be put out into the floor according the company's BSP (best standard of practice). While there are many areas that i can be deployed to throughout the day my main area is cash desk. I basically interact with the customers while i de-tag the product and put the sale through the till. i also get to deal with alot of customer complaints and inquiries.
I have learned alot with my time at River Island. It can become quiet stressful with tasks to be completed while all the time trying to deal with customers and give them 100% service. i have learned how to manage my time efficiently while working as both a team member and on my own initiative. Most important i have learned to do all this with a smile on my face and control how stressed it can make me.

At River Island there are four managers Ladies floor manager, men's floor manager, deputy manager and a store manager. As a sales assistant i am responsible to answer to all of the four managers. They can each in turn give me specific tasks to do and to be completed in a specific time frame. They are all treated with the up-most respect and in turn respect is returned.

Most of my co-workers work on a four hour shift. I must say everyone who works at River Island works hard and we all help each other out when possible. The main idea of this is to cut out all breaks and lunches. All the contracts are now no more than 20 hrs, and the main idea of this is an employee works 4 hours over 5 days.
 - more...
Pros
My 3 days are set to wed, thur and fri, staff all friendly
Cons
As i work part-time i will never progress within the company
Fun, challenging,
help customer
learned to use tills

learned fashion tips

got good selling asdvise and tips

leaving was the hardest part

great staff

great fun

good times
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
Enjoyable workplace
A typical day at work included greeting and serving customers, maintaining and organizing stock on shelves, price checking, dealing with customer queries, providing a high level of customer service and
ensuring general tidiness on the premises.

I learnt how to scan price tags and check and call down to the stock room.

The managers and co-workers are all very welcoming and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was when the shop was very busy and there was a lot of rejects to put back out on the floor but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and helping with the customers and making sure every customer’s visit to the store was enjoyable and pleasant.
Pros
friendly co-workers