River Island Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

3.3Pay & Benefits
Found 4 reviews matching the search See all 1,498 reviews
Great place to work, would defiantly work here again
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  County Louth12 May 2017
Hours flew by, customers were generally friendly. the manager was amazing. Hardest art about this job was leaving after 2 years. The most enjoyable part of this job was dressing the mannequins
Normal Day
Stockroom/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D12 November 2015
I was apart of the stockroom staff as well as the floor staff these were both different jobs as stockroom was all about been neat and tidy and the floor staff was all about been co-opertive and confident to talk to customers and dealing with customers 24/7
Pros
discount to staff members
Cons
bad pay
Demanding yet fun.
Stockroom Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 May 2013
Working in River Island is an unique experience. I worked in Operations. This primarily revolved around stockroom work such as processing deliveries, stock replenishment etc. It also included a far broader range of tasks from building storage systems to training seasonal staff.

While, not an intellectual challenge in any real sense, I did learn how a high street fashion retailer operates. I also learned the importance of teamwork and initiative as integral sides of the same coin.

Management is highly modulated so store managers have to follow directives as laid out by head office. That being said the management team on the whole aimed to created a constructive and supportive environment, in which the entire team cooperated to get goals accomplished.

There would be two broad types of coworkers, those who are full time in the fashion industry and want to have careers or have happened to find careers in retail. Then there are students who view retail work in the fashion industry as a means to an end.

The hardest part of the job was time targets to be met, which on occasion would exceed the ability of the team and as such would have to be rethought by head office.

The best part of the job for me was achieving goals that had been set. Not that there was much in the way of bonuses, but nevertheless I felt that if a job is worth doing, it is worth doing well.
Pros
30% staff discount.
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement.