River Island

River Island Management reviews

Do not work here
I hated my time here. What started off as a dream job turned into a nightmare. So competitive, they watch your every move, search your bags, you not allowed put your jacket on before you leave the store or have your jacket on near the stock room. They don’t trust you from the beginning. It was so competitive and it was very click-y
Just dont
It was ok but overworked underpaid you get trapped cause you think your earning loads but really it's nothing. Management earned more to do nothing or question work they gave you and you followed it was just a rollercoaster of telling them you did as they asked and they never understand you.
dump
terrible place to work dreaded every single second of it , couldnt wait to get home once i went in, management is a joke and half of the dont even know howto fold a t shirt
Great staff, difficult management
Supervisors don’t get paid enough, nor does any of the management, but supervisors especially. Responsible for opening and closing the shop, and counting up tills and safe, and paid less than a euro than minimum wage. Management can be very condescending and assume you’re stupid, which is difficult to deal with. Always lots of tasks to complete, which is great but can become very stressful very fast.
Not good
Bad management, managers were rude and disrespectful. Toxic work environment, extremely judgmental. No training received which therefore resulted in unachievable expectations set on workers.
I enjoyed working in River Island. I made lifetime friends and I hope to work their again
The management was really friendly. They helped when you had problems with your hours and etc. I enjoyed working at River Island and it brought new accomplishments in my life.
Bad company
The company is terrible. Really low wages. Expected way too much with extra pressure. The management are horrible and do not care about staff. Would not recommend
Friendly & helpful staff, great team work and a happy working environment, really enjoy my shifts ar River Island and look forward to going to work, the management team are top class
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at River Island?
Loved it
Great place to work management were fair and always heard what you had to say. The discount was amazing but unfortunately the pay is very unfair for anyone under the age of 20.
Stay away please
Awful company , management are rude and don’t respect the staff. Stay away, not worth it for a low minimum wage job. The canteen is untidy 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢.
Bad
very bad place to work, staff are treated like rubbish and managers are awful, company is very badly run with stock and pay always wrong, would no recommend it to anyone
Short shifts
I didn't stay here long because I was offered 16 hours a week and I was working 8 or less hours a week.
Management was decent other staff were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Fell short on hours
rejeceter
very little hours
staff and management were very friendly and always provided great customer care service to their customers.

contracts were very small would of been better to get a slightly bigger contract
Ok job not great money whatsoever.
It's an ok job however if you aim to save or progress, don't bother. The company pays terribly for a LOT of responsibility and what's expected of management and general staff compared to other retailers is just a joke for what they're all paid.
Pros
The discount, the people working there, 4 weeks holiday
Cons
Shift pattern can be all over the place if youre a manager, long nights and delivery shifts as well as weekends, Hard to work youre way up as thr company dont really pay well at all, No maternity/paternity leave, minimum sick pay.
Productive fun and everchanging
A typical day is usually extremely busy and never the same.
Continuous learning and upskilling keeps the team motivated and driven.

Excellent in line management and support through senior management and also between stores.
Enjoyable workplace culture as team are all very hands on and hardworking.

Hardest part of the job is the ever changing team and trying to retain staff.
Pros
staff discount
At work i focus mainly on stock replenishment which involves taking certain stock from the stock room and bringing it out onto the floor as items on the floor are purchased. We also restock the stock room when a delivery comes in. We work in a team environment and the staff are friendly and welcoming. the hardest part of the job is getting used to the stock room as it is a vast area, and so it takes time to learn where everything is held. Management is usually helpful as well.
Cons
Not enough hours on offer
high pressured
After working with the company for 12 years I have seen the culture change. It can be a very high pressured role with tight work dead lines due to lace of team members and managements refusal to recruit but still expect high standards and quick turn around.
Pros
clothing discount- even that is limited so could be better
Cons
high pressure - expectations can be unrealistic within time frame
Appalling Workplace
Worked with River Island for just under 2 years.
Would not recommend this company to work for to anyone!
Management is shocking, salary is ridiculously low and the way they treat their staff is appalling.
The only perk of the job would be the 40% discount but even at that, it is not worth it.

Moral is very low and staff turnover is extremely high as management could be quite the bullies!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything..
Really bad place to work for
Everyone that I worked with is leaving or is leaving even me over poor respect and low pay they need to start paying more and been nice I hate working in River Island
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Poor respect
Little progress, high staff turn over, poor salary, very little training and development
Difficult to progress, mostly linear progression. Negative hierarchy, massive staff turnover and poor salary . Weak policies, training and very little work life balance.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long hours very little recognition
Fun workplace
River island is a very fun, young and energetic workplace. Great atmosphere and friendly environment.
Management salary is poor for work expected.
Good job satisfaction.
Pros
Uniform and staff discount
Cons
Poor salary for the work involved