River Island
River Island Employee Review

Beyond Comparison

21 August 2018
I have had many bad job experiences but River Island is certainly not one of them.

One of the most caring companies with a very positive attitude. I would highly recommend anyone to work with them, I would go back in a heartbeat.

The typical day of work is fast paced but not stressful in any way, it's almost fun in a way.

The hardest part of the job was the unpacking of the Christmas delivery but what job has an easy Christmas.

The most enjoyable part of the job is certainly working with the people employed there. I have had such a positive friendly bunch of co-workers in any other job.
Pros
Location.
30 October 2019
Same role
The company is terrible. Really low wages. Expected way too much with extra pressure. The management are horrible and do not care about staff. Would not recommend
30 July 2019
Same role
Some managers would just get people below them to run around the place fr them and never done anything themselves. Bullying within the workplace and nothing was done about it. Favoritism was a big thing in the store. Couldn't take holidays during June. Could only get your discount on full price things and have to be working there 2 weeks until you got it. Your uniform could only be full priced too, and had to be there a certain amount of time before getting it. Most co-workers were so nice to work with while others weren't so much. Area manager was very frustrating whenever they came in just finding small things to give ouut about. Get blamed on things that was out of your control.
Pros
nothing
Cons
can't take holidays at certain times
19 November 2018
Same location
I didn't stay here long because I was offered 16 hours a week and I was working 8 or less hours a week.
Management was decent other staff were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Fell short on hours