River Island
River Island Employee Review

Do not work here

20 February 2020
I hated my time here. What started off as a dream job turned into a nightmare. So competitive, they watch your every move, search your bags, you not allowed put your jacket on before you leave the store or have your jacket on near the stock room. They don’t trust you from the beginning. It was so competitive and it was very click-y
11 May 2017
Same role
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) - Athlone, County Westmeath
Didnt ever have much to do was always a "look busy" act day in and day out. Verry bad pay if you are under 18. Never give any extra hours to someone eager to make extra money.
Pros
Store discount.
Cons
Not enough hours.
21 January 2016
Same role
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin, D
I found my time at river island very enjoyable. It was a bus journey away from my home therefore very easy to get to if I was called in for overtime. I was always kept busy on the tills, in a footwear department, in the fitting rooms or on the floor. My co-workers were very friendly and soon became friends we worked very well in a group together.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff.
12 October 2019
Same location
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) - Carlow
Fast pace environment, everyday was different to some degree. Learned a lot about customer service and sales. Everyone working there was really friendly.