RNLI

RNLI Employee Reviews

Ireland3 reviews
I live near to Courtown Harbour so I was able to cycle in each day. I reinforced my already existing knowledge of lifesaving, water safety skills, and basic life support by teaching it to children. The other lifesaving instructors who were in charge were all friendly.
Pros
Free lunch at the Taravie Hotel.
The job was very rewarding as the work you are doing all helps in saving lives at sea, there is a lot of in house training.
I had no issue with management as I was more or less left to plan my own week, month, Year, almost all issue's I had got resolved easy enough, not Many working there had the same to say,

one of the Best Parts was meeting the Crew along the Coast

the hardest Part of the job was the Break downs which could mean traveling4+ hours to a location when on call and days/nights away During the Week (Having a Baby at home Changes what you want from a Job)

the Best part would have to be seeing the Island from the Coast when Testing Boats, Seeing the new Boats and Meeting new People.

Great Job For a single Person or someone That dose not mind being away 3-4 days on average.
Pros
It's a Charity! so There is notting Free
Good student job. 7 -11. Great training and equipment available. Approachable management. Relaxed friendly co-workers and environment.