Roche

Roche Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work i have worked there for 25 years and i has flown by. The culture there is one of continuous improvement in all aspects of production. Even though i was a production supervisor i had facilities and waste treatment in my j.ob description as well . I was given the time and help to learn these areas
It was a great place to work for 24 years.Loved it. Over the years I carried out many different roles for electrician to instrument technician,maintenance planner,electrical engineer and continuous improvement engineer.
I've been working with the company for over 6 years and here are my thoughts on the company in it's current state: Work life balance is very poor and you will be expected to work whatever hours are required to get the job done in entry level positions. I fully accept that this is the case periodically in most jobs but for the past two years I have finished work on time on less than 10 occasions. And, as a large number of teams are underresourced, the norm is for staff to work much more than their contracted number of hours per week without any chance of getting any time in lieu or paid overtime. This lack of necessary resources to manage the workload has been highlighted to senior management in the company but has been ignored (as it would affect profitability on which their bonuses are measured against). A team in one department in the local organization are expected to do approximately 3-4 times more work than the benchmarked average for their department with no plans to increase headcount or reduce workloads. Field based staff get considerably less benefits than office based employees do and they are generally not considered as favourably as office based staff when it comes to filling internal vacancies. The salarys paid in general are considerably less favourable than what our direct competitors pay their equivalent staff (between 10-20k pa less) with an inferior benefits package. The senior leadership team decided to change the bonus structure this year which will result in my bonus being reduced significantly as a result (I consulted a solicitor about this - more...
Pros
Support career development in relation to training courses
Cons
Long Hours, politics, poor management, bad pay, poor benefits, underresourced.
Great place to work. Good can do attitude and team work environment. Top notch food in canteen. Wealth of rounded experience within the organisation. Pro active safety and quality culture.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Plant closing
Busy, quiet environment. nice people and very nice office. good training provided. all round good company - cares about its people Lots of fun things to do as a team, bbq's team sports days, lunch time quiz etc Training available, occasional treats such as massage, lunch time lectures etc
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Roche is a great company to work for with a highly trained, motivated and skilled workforce who are always striving for continuous improvement.