Rochestown Park Hotel Employee Reviews

fun but lacking regular hours
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Cork29 March 2019
Good fun but not enough hours available. However, with time chance to progress. Good range of job oppourtunities if you commit to some years at lower pay.
Pros
free lunches
Fun, enjoyable
Childcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, County Cork17 September 2018
Taking care of children from ages 4-12
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing the children are having fun and teaching them new thing.

The hardest part is that the job is not permanet
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
not permanet
Banqueting chef in chage of weddings (Former Employee) –  Rochestown,park hotel douglas County Cork1 February 2018
A typical day at work organisinv myself for big functions eg. Weddings, retirement parties etc.
I have learned alot in my time there the management are excellent when it comes to giving you a hand
Pros
Reasonable priced
Cons
Long hours is not an issue with me
Entreprise agréable
Service et Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Cork Irlande14 January 2018
Stage constructif plus au niveau de la langue que du professionnel
Pros
Logement et repas inclus, accès aux services de l'hôtel en illimité
Cons
Peu de nouvelles choses apprises en cuisine
Encouraging and friendly workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cork4 November 2017
I have been working in the Rochestown Park Hotel since July in the housekeeping department. Before working at the hotel, I didn't have great cleaning skills but was given 3 working days worth of good training and now believe that I am good at my job. I do however dislike the fact that I must work alone and at times when the hotel is busy am under a lot of stress to get rooms ready and to get them done at my best standard of work.
Pros
Two 30 minute breaks
Cons
Busy days at the hotel mean up to 15 rooms to prepare in 7 hours
Reservations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cork25 March 2017
Really enjoyed my time in Rochestown Park Hotel. Great company culture and lovely staff. Very welcoming and very professional at all times. Great location too.
Fast moving pace environment
Commis Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Cork31 October 2016
My typical day at work was to be responsible for the preparation of desserts for occasions such as weddings, carvery lunch, graduations.

I learned how to work hard and how to work in my own initiative no matter what the situation was. I also learned how to deal with stress if it was busy and the key principles and rules about food and cleanliness. I was responsible for tidying up for the mess I've made after a certain job and helped sorting out the store if needed be.
I would rate the management of the hotel 4 out of 5 because of the extra push they gave me if I was not doing my best and if I needed more hours but they have often left me on my own if I was stuck with something or have blamed me for things that weren't my fault.

The hardest part of the job was definitely rhe stress and pressure of the workplace. There was always a deadline for a certain job being carried out. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say would be learning new things such as baking new recipes and learning how to garnish plates etc.
Pros
Free food, paid while on break, free gym membership
Cons
long hours, stressful
Productive and fun work place
Kids Club Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Cork21 April 2016
Speaking to parents and informing them what their child will be doing, playing games with the children, observing them while they were playing amongst themselves and ensuring that each child was fine and enjoying themselves.
Pros
Free dinners, experience
Cons
Evening hours
Nice place to work
Food and Beverage service (Former Employee) –  Cork, C10 November 2015
You learn how to offer a great customer service. The job is easy but you have a lot of night shifts.
You get good tips and is a very nice place to work.
fine
Chef (Former Employee) –  Cork, C16 April 2014
training good hours lots of perks good money training ect ect
Pros
free gym
Rochestown Park Hotel
Restaurant waiter & Banqueting staff (Former Employee) –  Cork21 January 2013
Worked 40+ hours during the summer. worked weekends and evenings up until Christmas. Learned how to pull a pint, to be a very good waiter in the restaurant! Co-Workers and management are top class. Very enjoyable to work with them and to thrive in a team environment. When there was 300+ guests for breakfast it was quite hard but i got on fine! Communicating with the customers and building a good relationship to make sure they come back to the hotel!
Pros
free food when you were on you're break, getting long hours as i love the pay slip at the end of the week!
Cons
not getting enough hours!