Rochestown Park Hotel

Rochestown Park Hotel Employee Reviews for Pastry Cook

Found 1 review matching the search
Fast moving pace environment
My typical day at work was to be responsible for the preparation of desserts for occasions such as weddings, carvery lunch, graduations.

I learned how to work hard and how to work in my own initiative no matter what the situation was. I also learned how to deal with stress if it was busy and the key principles and rules about food and cleanliness. I was responsible for tidying up for the mess I've made after a certain job and helped sorting out the store if needed be.

I would rate the management of the hotel 4 out of 5 because of the extra push they gave me if I was not doing my best and if I needed more hours but they have often left me on my own if I was stuck with something or have blamed me for things that weren't my fault.

The hardest part of the job was definitely rhe stress and pressure of the workplace. There was always a deadline for a certain job being carried out. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say would be learning new things such as baking new recipes and learning how to garnish plates etc.
Pros
Free food, paid while on break, free gym membership
Cons
long hours, stressful
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rochestown Park Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.
Rochestown Park Hotel Reviews by Location