Rochestown Park Hotel

Rochestown Park Hotel Employee Review

View all Rochestown Park Hotel reviews

Fast moving pace environment
Commis Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Cork31 October 2016
My typical day at work was to be responsible for the preparation of desserts for occasions such as weddings, carvery lunch, graduations.

I learned how to work hard and how to work in my own initiative no matter what the situation was. I also learned how to deal with stress if it was busy and the key principles and rules about food and cleanliness. I was responsible for tidying up for the mess I've made after a certain job and helped sorting out the store if needed be.
I would rate the management of the hotel 4 out of 5 because of the extra push they gave me if I was not doing my best and if I needed more hours but they have often left me on my own if I was stuck with something or have blamed me for things that weren't my fault.

The hardest part of the job was definitely rhe stress and pressure of the workplace. There was always a deadline for a certain job being carried out. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say would be learning new things such as baking new recipes and learning how to garnish plates etc.
Pros
Free food, paid while on break, free gym membership
Cons
long hours, stressful

Other Rochestown Park Hotel Employee Reviews

fun but lacking regular hours
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Cork29 March 2019
Good fun but not enough hours available. However, with time chance to progress. Good range of job oppourtunities if you commit to some years at lower pay.
Pros
free lunches
Fun, enjoyable
Childcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, County Cork17 September 2018
Taking care of children from ages 4-12
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing the children are having fun and teaching them new thing.

The hardest part is that the job is not permanet
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
not permanet