Rockabill Seafood Ltd

Rockabill Seafood Ltd Employee Reviews

Ireland12 reviews
Working on -25°C with builder gloves and without extra break for cold .No work organize, bad management and for general manager his workers are slave.
Worked here for a year, gave me a lot of perspective with what I wanted to do with my life because the place is like prison. The main guy who owns the company treats people terribly, he tries to use scare tactics on his staff by screaming in their faces and firing people on the spot over a small mistake. He knows he can get away with it because 90% of his employees are non-Irish and they don’t have a lot of options because of their language barrier. I’m surprised the company is still running considering all the laws they break.
I did not like working in rocabill sea food, I could not communicate with other imployers cause at the time nobody spoke English only me. Hopefully that problem is fixed
I worked here for maybe a month. The shifts are too unpredictable and after that month they never contacted me for shifts. No set rosters so youd just get a text from your manager the night before asking you to come in. The girls (in the blue room especially) were very racist towards the irish girls for some reason. Giving us dirty looks and constantly yelling if we dont go faster. It was very difficult to work the first few shifts because we were constantly told to go faster when it takes time to get your bearings and understanding of how it works. i was technically employed for 3 months but was never called in. in short this place is not great to work at.
Uncertain shift that sometimes they just send you home after4 hours regardless of what you signed on the en contract as a full time employee..
And racism amongst minorities like Africans especially from Red room and Blue room, by their respective mangers...The three overall shift managers are great, so as it is with the directors.
excellent salary in this place, work reflects pay. I found the office staff very friendly and charming. the hours for me were great, its a good learning curve if willing to learn
Pros
Good rate of pay, free parking
Cons
not long for lunch
Terrible work place.
Unprofesional, uneducated management.

Bullys.

Awful atmosphere.

Cold environment.

Smells.

Nothing to learn at this place.

Underpays.
Pros
nothing
Cons
the whole place
Long working hours, terrible work/life balance
Cold environment - bad for your health

Managing director not qualified to manage production staff and middle managers

Good opportunity to gain experience about food industry, but would not recommend this place for long term employment.

Most of the employees are expats that are being used and underpaid by greedy owner.
Pros
Good learning opportunity for food industry professionals
Cons
Terrible senior management
Autocratic senior management. Very old school and arrogant leadership. No place for open minded and progressive people.

The company break's alot of rules and regulations but on the outside they seem to abide by them.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management and ownership very disrespectful to staff, no room for progressive thinking. I know best attitude, you do as you are told.
Working here was hard because I don’t like the smell of fish, it was fun to learn about shell fish and all different types, and to see the process before there out on the shelf’s
More communication in management and single manager leadership in different sections as having to many managers in the same place telling u different things is contradicting and less productive. Needs to be a better introduction session when employees start on there first day. There are no safety guide lines told or issued on paper when starting this job.
This work is 24/7, need to be alert and stay put the 365 days of the year. Is extremely stressful as you might have planned your selling day, but this might change as your product is not something the factory produced but processes according to what boats fish and depends on weather changes, etc.
Pros
Good price of Shellfish (if you like)
Cons
Not much free time
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockabill Seafood Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2