Ryanair Employee Reviews

Deceptie
First Officer (Former Employee) –  IE12 January 2020
Ondanks dat ik dankzij Ryanair mijn droom kon verwezenlijken, is het een van de grootste fouten van mijn leven geweest.
Love this job
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 January 2020
Job is interesting, different and I love it. Management is poor, no one care about staff members and the working conditions are terrible!!! But anyway I will never regret for choosing this job. It taught me a lot of new things and I experienced a lot of great (and not that great) adventures.
Rewarding and fun
Flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Shannon, County Clare18 December 2019
I recommend this job experience to everyone. The most fun part of the job was working with your friends and as a team, everyone was very supportive. Great experience overall.
Think, cliched cartoon lunch money bullies.
IT (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 November 2019
Management spent more energy trying to find out ways to derail employees than nurture them. You don't expect respect when you go there or even expect to earn it, but even the fundamentals of having manners alludes them. The industry is exciting to work in, and potential to achieve both a successful company and healthy work place is alien to management. And HR facilitates, likely through no fault of there own, as placemats to hot frazzled tempers, ignorance and prop the "billy-big-bulls" egos that walk the floor bow legged with pointless self importance. At the end of the day everyone prances to the piper.

I enjoyed the work I began doing, and enjoyed my immediate peers. They too are long gone with the mutual zen like feeling you get when you realise Detective Roger Murtaugh is right.
Do not apply
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 October 2019
Small money! Very bad management! Hours are crazy!
Loved the job itself but supervisors and management make it very bad !! .............................
Avoid
Purchasing and Facilities (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin27 September 2019
Horrendous place to work, manager is one of the worst and most incompetent people to work for. No people or management skills. The staff that replaced me have left and have been replaced themselves since i have left. High turn over of staff because of the above. Hr have no interest in dealing with this poor management style.
graduate
graduate (Former Employee) –  dublin11 September 2019
very bad overall experience with this company. Dont get treated properly, no social life and bad structure. please re-consider your job if you want to work here. no staff benefits.
Great Team
IT (Current Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin8 August 2019
Ryanair Labs
Great Team, very welcoming, alot of knowledge base shared when starting.
Documenting of solutions is key here as so many systems implemented
Great experience wonderful company to start your career in aviation
Cabin crew (Former Employee) –  Ireland Dublin2 August 2019
Great company to start your career in aviation. Excellent for people who love to travel and meet new people plus learn new culture. In my own experience working there 5 years I do recommend to everyone
Fast paced
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 June 2019
Overall I love this job. If you enjoy working with people in a fast paced environment, this is perfect.
The overall management is a little bit lacking.
The hardest part of a typical day would be working on earlies and having to wake up at 3-4am, especially in the winter.
The best part of a typical day for myself is having a happy client. I love helping the passengers and having them be genuinely thankful at the end of their flight. There will always be rude passengers but you have to laugh it off and not let their bad attitude affect your day.
Boa empresa
Assistente de bordo (Current Employee) –  Dublin, ireland6 June 2019
Muito boa empresa para começar a trabalhar e ter experiência o mau é não ter transferência para Lisboa, e as transferências são quase raras.
Pros
Staff travel
Cons
Não fornecem comida
Good stepping stone for aspiring flight attendants.
Cabin Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 March 2019
Job where you will meet people of all walks of life. Sometimes you'll love it and sometimes you'll hate it. Good stepping stone for those who want to gain some experience (and that you will) and move on to get a job with airline that treats their employees better.
Pros
good amount of time off
Cons
management
Every day is a new challenge at work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin Airport, County Dublin22 March 2019
Ryanair Company is good..but can be improved. Its staff should be treated better, the salary definitely should improve for the amount of things we do and the hours we are working at, for example at 3am.
Pros
travel cheep
Cons
small salary
The best part of the job...
Head (Current Employee) –  Swords6 March 2019
Ryanair allows you to do what you are best at and get involved in any projects that are going on. The CEO and Z team are very regimented in terms of weekly work and getting the job done. While that gets watered down the lower you go,(depending on the director or dept head) it helps the good people develop themselves and their own work ethic to a high standard.
Pros
Great experience and exposure to work that you wouldnt get elsewhere.
Cons
Long hours and no flexibility and no benefits.
Toxic environment
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2019
I rated two stars just because of my beloved colleagues, Whoever thinks aviation is a fashionable and cool environment should definitely abandon this idea when applying for Ryanair. Exhausting shifts, poor management, zero empathy and appreciation for the employee's work. Money absolutely not worth the health loss this job implies. I worked three years for this disgraceful company, with no advancements (promotions are just random, unless you're very good at selling those ridiculous scratchcards) and ended up with a depression diagnosis from my doctor. I was not an exception as everybody in that company at some point experiences a mental meltdown. This applies to Dublin base at least.
Pros
Cons
all
What is my personal experience in Ryanair
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 February 2019
I would like to say that I enjoyed my life in Ryanair at first. It was all exciting for me. After one year I started being frustrated. Management pressed to much about sales on board. At first I was always positive. As soon as I noticed employees are numbers and if you do not know someone important in the Companyyou do not get anything I started being unhappy.
Promotion was based on sales. Even though I did my best, I was one of the Best Sellers in few categories;I was always polite to collogues and passengers I did not get the promotion. There is no criteria. People ten months in the Company that have no clue how to deal with emergency situation or normal days, they got promotion.
A typical day at work starts with a briefing with the crew. Then, once on board we do pre-departure inspections. When we are ready we start boarding passengers. Then we depart. We start the service. We disembark. We do security checks. We start boarding again and so on. It can be for two flights up to six per day.
I learned a lot. Security is important in Ryanair. I learnt how to deal with different situations. Ordinary or emergency situations.
I do not like the way thy treat people. Employers are numbers.
The hardest part of the job is to get use to wake up very early for 5 days (it means for example 3:50 a.m.) and then the next week come back home late (e.g. 1 o'clock a.m.).
The most enjoyable part of the job is be kind with passengers and see that they are kind to you.
Pros
you can feel that passengers relay on you.
Cons
No food for crew. Not even water. Some days are too long.
Digital Marketing Graduate (Former Employee) –  sow2 January 2019
Amazing place to work to gain great experience in one of the most successful airlines. The people who work there are second to none. But there are very little perks.
Ambiente fantástico entre colegas, possibilidade de lidar com pessoas de diferentes partes do mundo
cabin crew (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 December 2018
Foi uma experiencia incrivel que me permitiu conhecer pessoas de todo o mundo, lidar com passageiros e poder proporcionar um bom voo
Adrenalinic job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 September 2018
Working as Flight Attendant you have the impression of living in a dream. You are always flying and you can reach many different countries every day. You are responsible for people life, so you must pay attention to details for safety reasons.You meet hundreds of peolple only in a work day and everyone has a differtent story to tell you about.
Pros
hight satisfaction
Cons
no time for yourself
Gratificante
Assistente de bordo (Current Employee) –  Irlanda25 September 2018
Ambiente culturalmente diversificado, competitivo e exigente a níveis físico e psicológico.
Experiência enriquecedora.