Ryanair
Ryanair Employee Review

What is my personal experience in Ryanair

17 February 2019
I would like to say that I enjoyed my life in Ryanair at first. It was all exciting for me. After one year I started being frustrated. Management pressed to much about sales on board. At first I was always positive. As soon as I noticed employees are numbers and if you do not know someone important in the Companyyou do not get anything I started being unhappy. Promotion was based on sales. Even though I did my best, I was one of the Best Sellers in few categories;I was always polite to collogues and passengers I did not get the promotion. There is no criteria. People ten months in the Company that have no clue how to deal with emergency situation or normal days, they got promotion. A typical day at work starts with a briefing with the crew. Then, once on board we do pre-departure inspections. When we are ready we start boarding passengers. Then we depart. We start the service. We disembark. We do security checks. We start boarding again and so on. It can be for two flights up to six per day. I learned a lot. Security is important in Ryanair. I learnt how to deal with different situations. Ordinary or emergency situations. I do not like the way thy treat people. Employers are numbers. The hardest part of the job is to get use to wake up very early for 5 days (it means for example 3:50 a.m.) and then the next week come back home late (e.g. 1 o'clock a.m.). The most enjoyable part of the job is be kind with passengers and see that they are kind to you.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
you can feel that passengers relay on you.
Cons
No food for crew. Not even water. Some days are too long.
7 August 2020
Same roleSame location
Cabin Crew Member (Former Employee) - Dublin
It is a good place to start your career in aviation and then move on if you really want to grow and develop your career. At Ryanair you will meet different people especially in a big base like Dublin but not all of them are professionals. In fact you will notice that most supervisors care only about the on board sales and they stress you about it and in the end you end up taking less commission than your actual sales.But most of the days pass nicely as most of the crew is fun to work with. However, some of the base supervisors really want to help you but they get pressured by above to push you about the sales and to be unreasonably strict when others just enjoy it as it comes naturally for them. Salary and pay rate is low for Dublin but you can manage in normal circumstances without the current crisis. There is no recognition unless you are a top seller or the report everyone kinda guy or both. If I would do it again? For personal reasons and for the easy entry to aviation yes.
Pros
Easy entry and good roster 5/3
Cons
Salary, management, constant stress about sales, no recognition.
17 July 2020
Same roleSame location
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) - Dublin
Is an amazing experience. You get to know different people, the roster is good, you work 5 days and have 3 days off, and staff travel so you can travel for more or less 40€ per ticket, which should be much cheaper or for free but still not too bad. Sometimes really long days, too much pressure about selling onboard and supervisors which don’t help you anything. The salary, is just a joke, if you’re based in Dublin, good luck!
Pros
Roster
Cons
All the rest
29 October 2020
Same location
Ground Worker / Ramp Staff (Current Employee) - Dublin
Ryanair expect everything from you and want to pay you nothing, the bullying and harassing from managers and even the HR department is despicable, the place is toxic.
Pros
Cons
Toxic workplace
  1. What is my personal experience in Ryanair