Ryanair
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Ryanair Employee Reviews in Dublin

This kind of job need flexible and proactive people, who knows the rule of safety for themself and especially for others. Who work as cabi crew work in a environment with many people, so you need patience, good listening, passion, you need to be fast and concentrate. Dealing with problem is on daily basis.
Ryanair expect everything from you and want to pay you nothing, the bullying and harassing from managers and even the HR department is despicable, the place is toxic.
Pros
Cons
Toxic workplace
It is a good place to start your career in aviation and then move on if you really want to grow and develop your career. At Ryanair you will meet different people especially in a big base like Dublin but not all of them are professionals. In fact you will notice that most supervisors care only about the on board sales and they stress you about it and in the end you end up taking less commission than your actual sales.But most of the days pass nicely as most of the crew is fun to work with. However, some of the base supervisors really want to help you but they get pressured by above to push you about the sales and to be unreasonably strict when others just enjoy it as it comes naturally for them. Salary and pay rate is low for Dublin but you can manage in normal circumstances without the current crisis. There is no recognition unless you are a top seller or the report everyone kinda guy or both. If I would do it again? For personal reasons and for the easy entry to aviation yes.
Pros
Easy entry and good roster 5/3
Cons
Salary, management, constant stress about sales, no recognition.
Is an amazing experience. You get to know different people, the roster is good, you work 5 days and have 3 days off, and staff travel so you can travel for more or less 40€ per ticket, which should be much cheaper or for free but still not too bad. Sometimes really long days, too much pressure about selling onboard and supervisors which don’t help you anything. The salary, is just a joke, if you’re based in Dublin, good luck!
Pros
Roster
Cons
All the rest
Great place to work in. Fast paced environment especially towards end of month. Everyone on my team are lovely. We all work to achieve the same goals.
Job is interesting, different and I love it. Management is poor, no one care about staff members and the working conditions are terrible!!! But anyway I will never regret for choosing this job. It taught me a lot of new things and I experienced a lot of great (and not that great) adventures.
Management spent more energy trying to find out ways to derail employees than nurture them. You don't expect respect when you go there or even expect to earn it, but even the fundamentals of having manners alludes them. The industry is exciting to work in, and potential to achieve both a successful company and healthy work place is alien to management. And HR facilitates, likely through no fault of there own, as placemats to hot frazzled tempers, ignorance and prop the "billy-big-bulls" egos that walk the floor bow legged with pointless self importance. At the end of the day everyone prances to the piper. I enjoyed the work I began doing, and enjoyed my immediate peers. They too are long gone with the mutual zen like feeling you get when you realise Detective Roger Murtaugh is right.
Small money! Very bad management! Hours are crazy! Loved the job itself but supervisors and management make it very bad !! .............................
Stressful job. Great place to start and make experience. High responsabilities and salary too low for the insane working hours. Pressure on sales and no sick payment.
very bad overall experience with this company. Dont get treated properly, no social life and bad structure. please re-consider your job if you want to work here. no staff benefits.
Great company to start your career in aviation. Excellent for people who love to travel and meet new people plus learn new culture. In my own experience working there 5 years I do recommend to everyone
Overall I love this job. If you enjoy working with people in a fast paced environment, this is perfect. The overall management is a little bit lacking. The hardest part of a typical day would be working on earlies and having to wake up at 3-4am, especially in the winter. The best part of a typical day for myself is having a happy client. I love helping the passengers and having them be genuinely thankful at the end of their flight. There will always be rude passengers but you have to laugh it off and not let their bad attitude affect your day.
Cons
Muito boa empresa para começar a trabalhar e ter experiência o mau é não ter transferência para Lisboa, e as transferências são quase raras.
Pros
Staff travel
Cons
Não fornecem comida
Job where you will meet people of all walks of life. Sometimes you'll love it and sometimes you'll hate it. Good stepping stone for those who want to gain some experience (and that you will) and move on to get a job with airline that treats their employees better.
Pros
good amount of time off
Cons
management
I rated two stars just because of my beloved colleagues, Whoever thinks aviation is a fashionable and cool environment should definitely abandon this idea when applying for Ryanair. Exhausting shifts, poor management, zero empathy and appreciation for the employee's work. Money absolutely not worth the health loss this job implies. I worked three years for this disgraceful company, with no advancements (promotions are just random, unless you're very good at selling those ridiculous scratchcards) and ended up with a depression diagnosis from my doctor. I was not an exception as everybody in that company at some point experiences a mental meltdown. This applies to Dublin base at least.
Pros
Cons
all
I would like to say that I enjoyed my life in Ryanair at first. It was all exciting for me. After one year I started being frustrated. Management pressed to much about sales on board. At first I was always positive. As soon as I noticed employees are numbers and if you do not know someone important in the Companyyou do not get anything I started being unhappy. Promotion was based on sales. Even though I did my best, I was one of the Best Sellers in few categories;I was always polite to collogues and passengers I did not get the promotion. There is no criteria. People ten months in the Company that have no clue how to deal with emergency situation or normal days, they got promotion. A typical day at work starts with a briefing with the crew. Then, once on board we do pre-departure inspections. When we are ready we start boarding passengers. Then we depart. We start the service. We disembark. We do security checks. We start boarding again and so on. It can be for two flights up to six per day. I learned a lot. Security is important in Ryanair. I learnt how to deal with different situations. Ordinary or emergency situations. I do not like the way thy treat people. Employers are numbers. The hardest part of the job is to get use to wake up very early for 5 days (it means for example 3:50 a.m.) and then the next week come back home late (e.g. 1 o'clock a.m.). The most enjoyable part of the job is be kind with passengers and see that they are kind to you.
Pros
you can feel that passengers relay on you.
Cons
No food for crew. Not even water. Some days are too long.
Foi uma experiencia incrivel que me permitiu conhecer pessoas de todo o mundo, lidar com passageiros e poder proporcionar um bom voo
Working as Flight Attendant you have the impression of living in a dream. You are always flying and you can reach many different countries every day. You are responsible for people life, so you must pay attention to details for safety reasons.You meet hundreds of peolple only in a work day and everyone has a differtent story to tell you about.
Pros
hight satisfaction
Cons
no time for yourself
I found out and learnt a lot about airline business. I've been in amazing places and discover new perspective. Tried something new and challenging. Enjoyable time in my life.
Meeting passengers was very good, I enjoyed this part to the job. The company was extremely difficult to work with, lots of pressure put onto employees. Pay and conditions were very bad.
Pros
People, time off.
Cons
Pay
the most enjoyable part of the job was geting to know different people around the world. I like the way I was put in different challenges every sigle day.
Pros
steady roster
Cons
Long hours, no free food or drink for the crew