Ryanair

Ryanair Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant

Flight Attendant24 reviews
Ireland24 reviews
This kind of job need flexible and proactive people, who knows the rule of safety for themself and especially for others. Who work as cabi crew work in a environment with many people, so you need patience, good listening, passion, you need to be fast and concentrate. Dealing with problem is on daily basis.
It is a good place to start your career in aviation and then move on if you really want to grow and develop your career. At Ryanair you will meet different people especially in a big base like Dublin but not all of them are professionals. In fact you will notice that most supervisors care only about the on board sales and they stress you about it and in the end you end up taking less commission than your actual sales.But most of the days pass nicely as most of the crew is fun to work with. However, some of the base supervisors really want to help you but they get pressured by above to push you about the sales and to be unreasonably strict when others just enjoy it as it comes naturally for them. Salary and pay rate is low for Dublin but you can manage in normal circumstances without the current crisis. There is no recognition unless you are a top seller or the report everyone kinda guy or both. If I would do it again? For personal reasons and for the easy entry to aviation yes.
Pros
Easy entry and good roster 5/3
Cons
Salary, management, constant stress about sales, no recognition.
Is an amazing experience. You get to know different people, the roster is good, you work 5 days and have 3 days off, and staff travel so you can travel for more or less 40€ per ticket, which should be much cheaper or for free but still not too bad.
Sometimes really long days, too much pressure about selling onboard and supervisors which don’t help you anything. The salary, is just a joke, if you’re based in Dublin, good luck!
Pros
Roster
Cons
All the rest
Job is interesting, different and I love it. Management is poor, no one care about staff members and the working conditions are terrible!!! But anyway I will never regret for choosing this job. It taught me a lot of new things and I experienced a lot of great (and not that great) adventures.
I recommend this job experience to everyone. The most fun part of the job was working with your friends and as a team, everyone was very supportive. Great experience overall.
Small money! Very bad management! Hours are crazy!
Loved the job itself but supervisors and management make it very bad !! .............................
Overall I love this job. If you enjoy working with people in a fast paced environment, this is perfect.
The overall management is a little bit lacking.

The hardest part of a typical day would be working on earlies and having to wake up at 3-4am, especially in the winter.

The best part of a typical day for myself is having a happy client. I love helping the passengers and having them be genuinely thankful at the end of their flight. There will always be rude passengers but you have to laugh it off and not let their bad attitude affect your day.
Cons
I rated two stars just because of my beloved colleagues, Whoever thinks aviation is a fashionable and cool environment should definitely abandon this idea when applying for Ryanair. Exhausting shifts, poor management, zero empathy and appreciation for the employee's work. Money absolutely not worth the health loss this job implies. I worked three years for this disgraceful company, with no advancements (promotions are just random, unless you're very good at selling those ridiculous scratchcards) and ended up with a depression diagnosis from my doctor. I was not an exception as everybody in that company at some point experiences a mental meltdown. This applies to Dublin base at least.
Pros
Cons
all
I would like to say that I enjoyed my life in Ryanair at first. It was all exciting for me. After one year I started being frustrated. Management pressed to much about sales on board. At first I was always positive. As soon as I noticed employees are numbers and if you do not know someone important in the Companyyou do not get anything I started being unhappy.
Promotion was based on sales. Even though I did my best, I was one of the Best Sellers in few categories;I was always polite to collogues and passengers I did not get the promotion. There is no criteria. People ten months in the Company that have no clue how to deal with emergency situation or normal days, they got promotion.

A typical day at work starts with a briefing with the crew. Then, once on board we do pre-departure inspections. When we are ready we start boarding passengers. Then we depart. We start the service. We disembark. We do security checks. We start boarding again and so on. It can be for two flights up to six per day.

I learned a lot. Security is important in Ryanair. I learnt how to deal with different situations. Ordinary or emergency situations.

I do not like the way thy treat people. Employers are numbers.

The hardest part of the job is to get use to wake up very early for 5 days (it means for example 3:50 a.m.) and then the next week come back home late (e.g. 1 o'clock a.m.).

The most enjoyable part of the job is be kind with passengers and see that they are kind to you.
Pros
you can feel that passengers relay on you.
Cons
No food for crew. Not even water. Some days are too long.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ryanair?
Working as Flight Attendant you have the impression of living in a dream. You are always flying and you can reach many different countries every day. You are responsible for people life, so you must pay attention to details for safety reasons.You meet hundreds of peolple only in a work day and everyone has a differtent story to tell you about.
Pros
hight satisfaction
Cons
no time for yourself
I found out and learnt a lot about airline business. I've been in amazing places and discover new perspective. Tried something new and challenging. Enjoyable time in my life.
Meeting passengers was very good, I enjoyed this part to the job. The company was extremely difficult to work with, lots of pressure put onto employees. Pay and conditions were very bad.
Pros
People, time off.
Cons
Pay
the most enjoyable part of the job was geting to know different people around the world. I like the way I was put in different challenges every sigle day.
Pros
steady roster
Cons
Long hours, no free food or drink for the crew
Wont job i have ever done in my life! They dont care about their crew they make them pay 3€ for water you could be dieing on the plane and they would make you pay very long hours and only getting payed when in the air you can have 3-5 hour delay and not get paid not even water for yourself has to be the worst airline to work for!
Cons
It is a very good company to get into aviation.
They hire people with no experience and give you all the training and experience you need to get into another company.

It's very expensive to start working for this company though, you have to pay everything, the course, the accommodation during the course, your uniform, etc.

They don't provide water or food for your working days like any other company does.
Pros
Experience
Cons
You have to pay for everything
No such thing as a short day here.

no health benifits,

pay is not always worth the long shifts you do.

Get the oppertunity to meet new people and learn new things.
Pros
meet new people aaround the world
Cons
Very long shifts and not always guarenteed pay
This job is all about customer service. You are working with different kinds of customers on a daily basis. It is mainly about customer service and sales, It is a good job. There is 4 cabin crew members on board each flight and we are on either the same roster or diferent rosters. I love my roster. The people on it are fun, friendly and outgoing and it makes your day go by fast.
The only reason I am searching for a new job is that I have had my experience flying and also the hours are really long and I am now looking to work on the ground.
Pros
Good Crew
Cons
Long Hours
No possibility to grow
Mobbing and bullying from Base Supervisors and Colleagues

Exploitation of young foreigners

No pay during sick days, delays or turnaround.
Working for Ryanair is a very varied job. A typical day consists of getting into work 45minutes before our flight is due to leave, meeting the crew for the day and getting a briefing on the running of the day activities and duties. Once on board you have a number of security, safety and stock checks. You greet passengers coming on board and help with storing luggage. Once the flight takes off you have a number of sales duties including selling Newspapers, carrying out the bar service and selling scratchcards.
In general management are very pleasant but at times may not give crew as much appreciation and encouragement as is deserved.

The co workers are very hard working and you meet some interesting people from all over Europe.

I found the hardest part of the job the hours, some weeks having to wake up as early as 3.15 in the morning and work long shifts, it can really take it's toll and some weeks you are exhausted.

The best part the job is dealing with a lovely team every day and meeting interesting people every day.
It was a very good time of my life, when each day was different. I was able to meet all kinds of different people, learned to deal with stressful situations, time pressure and tiredness. Being cabin crew and cabin crew supervisor meant doing a lot of things: selling onboard, giving first aid, communicating with passengers, crew and reporting back to supervisor, doing paper work, dealing with money, being responsible for safety and wellbeing of hundreds of people. At the same time it was fun. I traveled the world and met lots of my friends during this work period.
Now I am older and have family I would prefer to stay on the ground, but still be able to make travelling a pleasure for Dublin airport passengers.
Pros
travelling, learning
Cons
very long hours
A typical day in work is, we get briefed, we do security checks on the aircraft and then we board the passengers. After, we would then make sure everyone is seated and then perform the safety demo. Following this, we are in the air, we set up the bar and trolleys and start to give the passengers what they want from collecting their rubbish to first aid. When we come in to land we then secure the cabin making sure everyone is safe and then after landing we disembark the passengers, clean the aircraft and then start another three flights with the same process (minus the briefing). This is our shift for one day. We work five days a week.
It is very hard work as our lunch breaks don't exist and we are constantly moving. We have to work fast and make sure everything is safe and most of all clean. We rotate staff daily. Our crew consist of six people each day.

I've learnt so much about different people, both as passengers and staff. I also learned that everyone has high expectations and it is my job to meet these demands.

The most enjoyable part of the job is traveling to different countries and seeing the behavior of different races. It gives the sense of unity because such different cultures and varieties of langues are only a few hours apart.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to sit down, rest or take a break during our long shift. If we are lucky we might get a few minutes to shovel a bit of food into ourselves while someone else is nice enough to look over your section while you do so. But all the same, you must be constantly vigilant.

This is why I give