Ryanair

Ryanair Management reviews

Ireland68 reviews
Overall I love this job. If you enjoy working with people in a fast paced environment, this is perfect.
The overall management is a little bit lacking.
The hardest part of a typical day would be working on earlies and having to wake up at 3-4am, especially in the winter.

The best part of a typical day for myself is having a happy client. I love helping the passengers and having them be genuinely thankful at the end of their flight. There will always be rude passengers but you have to laugh it off and not let their bad attitude affect your day.
Cons
It is a good place to start your career in aviation and then move on if you really want to grow and develop your career. At Ryanair you will meet different people especially in a big base like Dublin but not all of them are professionals. In fact you will notice that most supervisors care only about the on board sales and they stress you about it and in the end you end up taking less commission than your actual sales.But most of the days pass nicely as most of the crew is fun to work with. However, some of the base supervisors really want to help you but they get pressured by above to push you about the sales and to be unreasonably strict when others just enjoy it as it comes naturally for them. Salary and pay rate is low for Dublin but you can manage in normal circumstances without the current crisis. There is no recognition unless you are a top seller or the report everyone kinda guy or both. If I would do it again? For personal reasons and for the easy entry to aviation yes.
Pros
Easy entry and good roster 5/3
Cons
Salary, management, constant stress about sales, no recognition.
Apoyaba a la dirección en el trato con los clientes VIP
Job is interesting, different and I love it. Management is poor, no one care about staff members and the working conditions are terrible!!! But anyway I will never regret for choosing this job. It taught me a lot of new things and I experienced a lot of great (and not that great) adventures.
Management spent more energy trying to find out ways to derail employees than nurture them. You don't expect respect when you go there or even expect to earn it, but even the fundamentals of having manners alludes them. The industry is exciting to work in, and potential to achieve both a successful company and healthy work place is alien to management. And HR facilitates, likely through no fault of there own, as placemats to hot frazzled tempers, ignorance and prop the "billy-big-bulls" egos that walk the floor bow legged with pointless self importance. At the end of the day everyone prances to the piper.

I enjoyed the work I began doing, and enjoyed my immediate peers. They too are long gone with the mutual zen like feeling you get when you realise Detective Roger Murtaugh is right.
Small money! Very bad management! Hours are crazy!
Loved the job itself but supervisors and management make it very bad !! .............................
Horrendous place to work, manager is one of the worst and most incompetent people to work for. No people or management skills. The staff that replaced me have left and have been replaced themselves since i have left. High turn over of staff because of the above. Hr have no interest in dealing with this poor management style.
very bad overall experience with this company. Dont get treated properly, no social life and bad structure. please re-consider your job if you want to work here. no staff benefits.
Job where you will meet people of all walks of life. Sometimes you'll love it and sometimes you'll hate it. Good stepping stone for those who want to gain some experience (and that you will) and move on to get a job with airline that treats their employees better.
Pros
good amount of time off
Cons
management
Ryanair allows you to do what you are best at and get involved in any projects that are going on. The CEO and Z team are very regimented in terms of weekly work and getting the job done. While that gets watered down the lower you go,(depending on the director or dept head) it helps the good people develop themselves and their own work ethic to a high standard.
Pros
Great experience and exposure to work that you wouldnt get elsewhere.
Cons
Long hours and no flexibility and no benefits.
I rated two stars just because of my beloved colleagues, Whoever thinks aviation is a fashionable and cool environment should definitely abandon this idea when applying for Ryanair. Exhausting shifts, poor management, zero empathy and appreciation for the employee's work. Money absolutely not worth the health loss this job implies. I worked three years for this disgraceful company, with no advancements (promotions are just random, unless you're very good at selling those ridiculous scratchcards) and ended up with a depression diagnosis from my doctor. I was not an exception as everybody in that company at some point experiences a mental meltdown. This applies to Dublin base at least.
Pros
Cons
all
I would like to say that I enjoyed my life in Ryanair at first. It was all exciting for me. After one year I started being frustrated. Management pressed to much about sales on board. At first I was always positive. As soon as I noticed employees are numbers and if you do not know someone important in the Companyyou do not get anything I started being unhappy.
Promotion was based on sales. Even though I did my best, I was one of the Best Sellers in few categories;I was always polite to collogues and passengers I did not get the promotion. There is no criteria. People ten months in the Company that have no clue how to deal with emergency situation or normal days, they got promotion.

A typical day at work starts with a briefing with the crew. Then, once on board we do pre-departure inspections. When we are ready we start boarding passengers. Then we depart. We start the service. We disembark. We do security checks. We start boarding again and so on. It can be for two flights up to six per day.

I learned a lot. Security is important in Ryanair. I learnt how to deal with different situations. Ordinary or emergency situations.

I do not like the way thy treat people. Employers are numbers.

The hardest part of the job is to get use to wake up very early for 5 days (it means for example 3:50 a.m.) and then the next week come back home late (e.g. 1 o'clock a.m.).

The most enjoyable part of the job is be kind with passengers and see that they are kind to you.
Pros
you can feel that passengers relay on you.
Cons
No food for crew. Not even water. Some days are too long.
Ambiente culturalmente diversificado, competitivo e exigente a níveis físico e psicológico.
Experiência enriquecedora.
Toxic environment full of unprofessional people that moved forward in the company cause no one else would ever hire them. Expect bigotry, bullying and negativity on a daily basis, with no room for real advancement.
Pros
Discounted Tickets
Cons
Management, salary, actual tasks vs job description, long hours
Como qualquer empresa internacional de grande envergadura, a Ryanair demonstra uma cultura corporativa saliente, em que a gestão de passageiros e aeronaves e muito eficiente.
Pros
Viagens a custo muito reduzido, tempo livre exponenciado
Cons
Horarios desfasados do resto da sociedade
I learn many good skills working for this company, such as first aid and great customer service. The management is poor however and no real relationships are even attempted to be made by supervisors with other staff
very stresfull place to work, long hours, sometimes had to do up to six flights a day, very unfair holiday policy, very demanding work for body
Pros
Cons
bad management
Working for Ryanair is a very varied job. A typical day consists of getting into work 45minutes before our flight is due to leave, meeting the crew for the day and getting a briefing on the running of the day activities and duties. Once on board you have a number of security, safety and stock checks. You greet passengers coming on board and help with storing luggage. Once the flight takes off you have a number of sales duties including selling Newspapers, carrying out the bar service and selling scratchcards.
In general management are very pleasant but at times may not give crew as much appreciation and encouragement as is deserved.
The co workers are very hard working and you meet some interesting people from all over Europe.

I found the hardest part of the job the hours, some weeks having to wake up as early as 3.15 in the morning and work long shifts, it can really take it's toll and some weeks you are exhausted.

The best part the job is dealing with a lovely team every day and meeting interesting people every day.
Trabajo dinámico con visitas a diferentes clientes en diferentes países

Trabajo cambiante y desarrollo de capacidades creativas y de improvisación
Pros
Viajes gratis y aprendizaje contínuo
Cons
Pocas posibilidades de promoción - No restaurante
Too many hours
Learned about safety and security in an aircraft

Very demanding management for sales inside aircraft
Excellent co-workers
The sales and the working hours were the hardest part

Meeting new people
Pros
Travel for free after a year as a worker
Cons
Long hours, low pay