Safety-Kleen

Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

It's fast paced, challenging and the people are nice and friendly. I have enjoyed my 9 years working for this company. It's a Great job for the right person

Good transition

Great opportunity to learn how to sell and cold call but a daily grind. I moved from inside sales to outside sales and learned a lot but got burnt out very quickly.

Great company overall

Great people to work with great benefits they take care of the people but pay could be alot better overall good hours set schedules awesome management

Good benefits and pay

The benefits and pay are good, but drivers are expected to wear too many hats. You are a driver, salesman, repairman, bill collector, material handler, customer service rep. It's too much pressure from management.

No family atmosphere any more

All work and no play no fun! Used to have monthly BBQ to boost morale for good job done, no longer! No team work at all! Every body for themselves until they get behind then they want help! No commission !!

Ambiente smart

Ambiente smart, orari di lavoro flessibili , possibilità di smart working , poche prospettive di carriera , pochi aumenti di stipendio

Account Manager Bulk Product and Services

I was really excited when first being told I got the position. I put in many hours of virtual safety training. Unfortunately that was the only training given. No training on how to navigate their computer software systems, minimal product training and poor leadership. Unfortunately, no member of our management team ever came to my territory for a visit and was employed almost a year before leaving. They basically drop you in the middle of the ocean and tell you good luck getting to shore. Also, extensive administrative work that wasn’t fully explained in the hiring process. When you call and ask for help or have questions about something it is “pass the buck” mentality. You continuously get passed off to someone else and never get answers to your questions or concerns. Very bad culture in the BPS division with no managerial support!! It was very unfortunate as I thought Safety-Clean / Clean Harbors was a better company than that.

Strong Job Security

There will always be hazardous waste that needs to be recovered/ hauled, along with used oil needing to be picked up for Re-refining. Show up on time, do your job safely and productively and you will be just fine. As for productively, there isn't a time or number you must hit, they believe Safety is #1. If you can reasonably explain why you couldn't complete your route for the day, management understands. Better to be safe than drive irresponsibly and taking chances.

Desastre

Intentas trabajar duro para tener una recompensa, que para mi era tener un puesto estable, pero la realidad es que da igual como lo hagas. Tiene trabajadores que no pegan ni chapa, que solo esperan que entren currantes de ett para que hagan el trabajo que ellos no hacen. No vale la pena que lo intentéis.

Busy and constant

Overall great co workers and people to work with. Meeting people from all over and working different areas. They try and do lots of fun things to be inclusive of wanting to participate.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Safety-Kleen?

Material handler job

Madison branch duties for material handler unable to complete in an 8 hour day. If you are the type of person who is able to walk away leaving work for the next day, this is for you

Run away

Upper management has zero respect for anyone below them. Run away from this company. They will work you hard and pay you little. Health and 401k benefits are a joke

Pros

Nine

Terrible management

After working there for 3 years new management came in and had unreasonable expectations to finish tasks and were always on me about my overtime. In the same breath he would say I understand some days overtime will be required but you need to let me know.

Maybe if you work in corporate office

This place was not the best of the places to work at. There was no place for advancement unless you were a manager's relative. The head office seemed to have a good culture, but lack of training as well.

Poligtics

Typical of Large companies the politics... The problem with this office is it is too incestuous. Everyone seems to be related to someone else it seems.

Estres

Demasiado rápido y mucha gente q tiene Que justificar el puesto

Pros

Horario

Cons

Exceso de velocidad

My experience is safe to clean but 20 years ago

Absolutely hate working at this place in the late 1990s. One of the worst jobs I've ever had just because of the way they push sales on everyone. Honestly wasn't a fan of most of the people I work with there anyway.

Safety Kleen is a good company with a favorable reputation in the hazardous waste industry

Working at Safety Kleen involves long hours on some days and can be a challenge in inclement weather, as this is a route sales & service based company. There is limited opportunity for advancement without relocation, however. The safety culture is one that has been a top priority with the management of Clean Harbors, and they do a good job of providing safety training.

Declining company

Under. staffed, under managed, rotating shifts, negative. work environment, unprofessional. ethics.

Neutral

Lots of calls throughout the call center, days go by quickly. Decent pay. Fast pace. Not for everyone though. Dress code is casual. Easy customers most of the time

Beaucoup de négatif parmis les employés

Pas de soutient laissez a soi-meme salaire pas vraiment interessant et peu de vacances

Pros

Tres peu

Cons

Manque de soutient directeurs peu compétant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safety-Kleen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement