Safety-Kleen

Clear
3.2Pay & benefits
2.8Job security & advancement

Family and Team enviroment

The people who worked at Chrysler where sons and daughters of previous employees there, a really close knit group, thats what made it fun, kinda like a competition to do better then are predcessors. The hardest part of the job was just showing up, we would all work together on getting what ever assignements needed to get done for the day, learned the value of hard work,teamwork and attention to detail.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

hot enviroment in the summer

Do the work, get paid, go home & find something better

Warehouse coworkers are a blast, work can be steady but usually hectic at times; if you’re applying for the warehouse worker/yard spotter position, just understand that they will be expecting you to perform the job of 2 people. It was cool when I first started as I had the opportunity to learn how to drive a spotter truck (I do not hold a CDL-A) which only helped make me realized that the job was not worth it for the pay even with a CDL-A. Management composes a “we’re all friends and family here” type of atmosphere only for them to endlessly ask for favors followed only by “Thank You”s to try & make you feel accomplished & act as if they gave out due compensation. I feel for my coworkers as some have been here for much longer than anyone should be 5,10,20+ years and have seen the pay and benefits go nowhere in terms of keeping up with inflation, every last one of them deserves something more for their time & effort, but instead are met with more work & ways to do the work. Training modules are useless, workers are disciplined for not following an increasingly minor safety rule but management can easily go around actual safety hazards by simply saying “well it has to get done”. Plenty more to say but bottom line is the DC Shipping and Receiving side is being left to rot, you will realize that soon enough. Tip: If you are not given a yearly raise of at least 2%, by the 5th year you’d have lost 10% of your purchasing power.

Pros

Coworkers, company & 3rd party drivers are cool, listen to music with a headphone, plenty of ot, near impossible to get fired

Cons

Pay-work ratio, no yearly raises, benefits are at the most basic level, nit pickers, equipment, near impossible to get fired

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Safety-Kleen?