Safetykleen

Safetykleen Employee Reviews

Terrible

The Place is a joke, theres way to many managers, your day is packed with services so you never have time to take a break, your constantly worked to the bone.

Pros

Free water

Cons

No breaks

Terrible

Upper management are out of touch. Pay is bonus driven which changes year by year so you’ll ultimately make less money but do more work as time presses on. Equipment is from the Middle Ages. Truck and vans are all poverty spec. If you’re good at the job you’ll be expected to pick up the pace for the staff who clearly take advantage! Definitely watch you back as they’re all snakes

Pros

No experience needed

Cons

They’re all snakes

Avoid

Good bunch of lads including supervisors, but higher management are useless.the agency workers are earning more than safetykleen staff which is disgusting

Pros

Free drinks

Disorganised chaos

Words fail me. No direction, no leadership simply firefighting on a daily basis. Low staff moral and zero support for the team from the regional manager, As the company is run from London the phones don’t ring the local branch should a customer need to get in touch with a question, query or Sales enquiry, instead they are directed there leaving Unhappy and disillusioned customers not responded to or ignored regularly, alien as someone that comes from the customer service background. Employees at a certain level are treated as 2nd class citizens and this is reflected in the way the company avoids paying you what they are due without sales commission. The OTE is a completely unrealistic figure as there is someone in this role, a sales executive and an account manager all looking for business often from the same companies and so the 35k figure is picked out of thin air and certainly not an achievable income with this structure. My advice, avoid unless you are completely desperate.

Pros

Early finish

Cons

Disorganised environment

Great Working Environment

Having begun here at SK 8 weeks ago, I have found the business to be a wonderfully engaging place to work. The staff are all knowledgeable and have helped me settle in quickly. I'm glad I made the choice to come and work for the business.

Pros

Inclusive team members and training

Fantastic place to work

Safetykleen is a fantastic place to work, everyday is different and comes with it's own unique challenges. Management are very support of the staff and the culture is fun but with a competitive edge. The job differs from day to day and you need to be able to work at a pace to be successful. No two days are the same and the benefits are great!

Pros

Great working environment, commission structure and flexibility.

Great Company

I work in the telesales department for SafetyKleen. Cold calling businesses to see if they may require our services. Staff are friendly and will give advice if needed. They have a strong focus on being environmentally friendly. Great Company

Productive workplace

Love my job! I have learnt alot whilst working at Safetykleen and the workplace culture is really improving. The more enjoyable part of the job is the people i work with.

Pros

The team

Cons

Hardest place to work in my 22years of working.

Poor level of support, management weren’t there to help, I felt like a kid in a school playground with no one to turn to. I felt I did as well as I could under the circumstances.The company is run by the staff, the staff that have been there for years.It was a free for all and I felt I had no support and when attending managers meetings with directors present the hierarchy didn’t like to hear what is lower had to say or ideas we put to the table.

Demoralising place to work at

Has to be the worst management I’ve work with.working in Cardiff as warehouse man was the worst experience of my life back stabbing and management who clearly don’t no what there doing.wouldn’t recommend anyone working there.

Pros

The day you leave!!!!

Cons

The day you start!!!!

Driven by bonus’s

Driven by sales so makes the sales team lazy and rude. Never worked in a place with so much back stabbing or grown ‘ men’ acting like petulant children. A job made harder by no forward thinking or management having any decisiveness or the ability to commit to change or to actually grow a pair

Pros

Free tea coffee

Cons

Childishness of staff

Poor communication with terrible Senior Management

The company lacks any real structure I have experienced the following issues during my time with the company: Multiple changes in management with no clear direction Poor Salary No HR team in place no support for staff Issues raised to Senior management go ignored Staff are not recognised for their hard work Sales team indulge in fraudulent practices Lack of communication made even worse during Covid 19 pandemic Lack of diversity within the company

Never a dull moment!

Every job and company has its up's and down's but I can honestly that's there are way more up's. I have worked here for 5+ years and have worked my way up from a service representative to where I am now. There is an expectation and pressure to succeed and if you have that drive and desire you can and be well rewarded for it too. During my time here I have made life long friends. The support from your peers is what makes this company. Yes the job can be frustrating but what jobs aren't? If you want to have fun, work with a great, talented team and have that fire in you to win then you can do a lot worse than Safetykleen.

Pros

Team support, great commission, never the same day

Cons

Can be long hours at times

Never a dull moment..

I've worked at SK for 4 years now in various roles.. as with any firm it has ups and downs but I've never regretted for one moment joining.. The people I work with are incredible from guys on the vans, the office and support functions, it really is one team .. Our culture is to step up and take responsibility, as an individual here you can all make a difference to the result but together we all make it a great place to work.. Every day is different, fast paced and 98% of the time FUN! If you want a different day every day, if you like learning (a lot of learning), and most importantly if you believe work needs to be rewarding on different levels as we spend so much of our lives here this could be for you.

Pros

people, culture, rewards

Cons

its adddictive.

past paced, exciting place to work

I`ve worked at Safetykleen for 2.5years now, which I can honestly say I have not have a single day the same. We have our challenges the same as most business, however we work together to achieve an outcome quickly and efficiently. We truly operate an open door policy of which helps create a positive working environment, its not perfect but we are certainly working towards that. The most enjoyable part of my job as SK is honestly having the chance to work with a team of people with so many years experience in the business, I can call upon the knowledge of team member with 25+ years experience, this has allowed me to fully understand where we came from but, also where we are going. if you like to be challenged, well rewarded and part of a real team, this Safetykleen is definitely the place for you.

Pros

great rewards, positive working environment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safetykleen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement