Salthill Hotel

Salthill Hotel Employee Reviews

No job satisfaction bad managers long hours no breaks always understaffed to much work for chefs to do no life work balance could be so much better with better managers
Very good place to learn, nice staff, having fun at work. I learned how to be a bartender and I made a lot of friends. A place that if you want to work, you will get loads of hours!
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Very poor management, minimum wage, long hours, always lack of staff, poor training, extremely stressful. No respect for workers at all. So not recommend at all
I really enjoyed my time working at the Salthill Hotel. It's a very fast-paced environment but the staff and management make it very enjoyable, Like most jobs, the more you but into it the more you get out of it. I hope to return to the Salthill Hotel when back from travelling.
Poorly managed, unorganised and a severe lack of job progression. Please look elsewhere before applying here, this hotel only hires students as they want a massive turnover in staff as to not provide them with career progression or pay rise.
I found the job busy and exciting. Never a dull moment. I found management helpful and friendly. I would recommend t a friend. The hotel is busy and thriving. The staff are a team and work good together.
worked in a good atmosphere, with nice people and the pay was decent. normally start in the afternoon and finish late , working at weddings and different functions.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Very unsupportive from management. Management unsure of the basic that was required and unfamiliar with payroll, debtors controls and allocations of debtors payments.
The management will long hours on the students who came for a work experience because they just pay less on them. the hardest part of the job was we encounter problems and no management was around specially during the weekend.
Pros
Free food when on duty, free uniform.
Cons
we don't have any incentives on holidays but they paid us depend on seniority.
Great co-workers, good and fun environment, excellent managment nothing hard about the job itself part of being stricktly physical. The best part of the job is working with people.
Pros
free lunch and usage of the gym and pool
Cons
unable to progress
Typically I would arrive in the late afternoon and make sure the lobby was clean and I would stock the main bar. I would then make sure all other bars were stocked and all set up for function and weddings was done. I would then serve customers at the main bar drinks and food as well as making sure the bar floor was clear of empty glasses. I would serve at the bar and keep it fully stocked until around 3 or 4am. I learned how to use a touch-screen cash register. The hardest part of the job was when the bar got busy at around 11pm was making sure all the glasses were being washed and the bar was fully stocked with drinks and ice.
Pros
free food, good co-workers
Cons
weren't really many cons.
  1. Employee reviews