Sam Dennigan

Sam Dennigan Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sam Dennigan selected this as a representative review
My typical day at work started at 8am and finished around 5pm on quiet days, 6 days a week.I learnt about the industrial packing machines and how they all were controlled and ran on a daily basis and all about the health and safety required to use them.I started off on the packing line on the factory floor but then moved on to been a forklift driver in the yard but was also responsible for stock management off thousands of tonnes of product on a daily basis.I had to make sure all were rotated and that all refrigeration equipment was running perfect to avoid spoiling a serious amount of moneys worth of stock.In my time spent there both co-workers and management were a pleasure to deal with and managment were fair to all.The most enjoyable part of my job was i got to meet different people on a daily basis and was let to use my own ideas to keep things running smoothly in a way that suited both myself and management together.The hardest part of my job would have been when the busy 12 weeks came at end of summer and also around christmas period with very long hours compared to normal.
Pros
good working envoirnment and good salary.
Cons
can be long hours at certain periods of the year.
for someone for whom this is their first job in Ireland, to make a recommendation because the payment is accurate and regular, with a minimum of 35 hours of work per week ... my experience with management is divided, there were both good and less good moments ... work is in in cold conditions, there is sometimes unnecessary pressure on workers to get the job done ahead of time.
WAS OKAY. great team of managers the staff all collaborative teamwork at night time the work is a little stress but is easy, you can work in your own space
My assessment is for 2015, because I was working for this company at the time, I don't know how it is now.Overall my assessment: Good work, packing vegetables and fruits, mostly on pallets. You have to be physically fit and strong because work requires a job as a packer.
Give us your opinion about •a typical day at work •what you learned •management •workplace culture •the hardest part of the job •the most enjoyable part of the job
A typical day at work is vary stressful workplace, I learned nothing, just to move boxes. The management is absent. the workplace culture is vary low. The hardest part of the job is that, you can broke your back. You have not enjoyable part of the job.
I just love my job. But is not for lazy someone and at the same time you have to be focused and ready to work. I always call my job an exercise and you have to follow manual handling if don't want to get injure. Patrick.
no help in solving problems. very often overtime, very poor pay for people in whom people work. Often accidents at work do not have training for the positions they work for
Its okay to work that place.Sometimes hard as expectations are high. Not the best payment but could be worst. Wages has never late, had available trainings..Strongly average place to work.Good to get experiences in warehouseing.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Cold environment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sam Dennigan?
Well paid. Best equipment.Not overly hard work. Night shifts hard going. A little bitterness between some drivers regards work etc. As drive jobs go its good
Pros
Equpment. Rates
Cons
Night work. Employee back biting.
working in sam dennigans is a simple job for me its really boring as you do the exact same thing every day apart from that its a simple job and here i learned lots about the warehousing industry
Pros
short hours
Cons
bad pay
The most enjoyable part of the job is the everyday contact with customers. You need to have an approachable manner and good sense of humour to thrive in this position.
Pros
Early finish.
Cons
No free lunches.
I come to job like 9 am. Take my headphoned and started to work. Going from location to location in warehouse. Picking crates and boxes and putting them to pallet. When pallet is ready i go to drop location and take another order. And each day the same. I learned better comunication skill. Management is so so. The hardest part of the jo was Taking potatoes bag and banana boxes because they weare most heavier. Most enjoyable part of the job was that time goes wery fast!
Busy environment: Implementing and developing the HR People Agenda is both challenging and rewarding.
  1. Employee reviews