schuh

schuh Employee Reviews

Ireland32 reviews

Below Average

I worked here for about one month on a part-time temporary contract. The staffs are nice and employees are communicative at times. The work ethic is standard but it seems to be understaffed AND overstaffed at times. The rate of pay was decent for someone who's below their 20's as it's flexible. They emphasis on sales too much creating stressful times which can lead you some complications. Overall, the place is decent when you're young but not recommended it for adult who desires more hours in retail and not strongly heavily into targets more than necessary. Hours on 5the contract I was signed up for was not enough and less than 16hrs per week. You could ask for more hours but the manager are not in control so it's more of "luck" to getting the hours. (temporary-contract)

Pros

Discount, Flexibility, No dress code, great for young people.

Cons

Short hours, Traffic, Targets driven (extremely), not for young adults over 20's.

Unprofessional

Management pick and choose their favourites and make everyone else suffer They don’t keep there word they chit chat with the favourites and leave the others with the work load all the time they gossip about other staff members behind their back. Some people are great in there and made the work life semi enjoyable but for the most part was awful and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone (Shuch crescent) don’t know what any other store is like but I know this one is atrocious and toxic environment

Good workplace

Nice place to work, good discounts, good benefits. They can be quite strict on numbers though and you may feel overwhelmed to sell shoes. Very flexible hours.

Don't Work Here

If you like being bullied and picked on by management for things that you didn't even do or just cause they could then this is the place for you. I worked in Schuh for near 3 years and the best day I had in the job was the day I handed in my notice. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone they don't train you for the job you have and instead complain when you don't know how to do it.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Management, Training, Benefits

Fun, relaxed workplace

Overall fine to work there, when the stores are understaffed it can be stressful as you can end up doing the work of 2 people at once. Very flexible hours, but sometimes other commitments (i.e. college) are not always respected.

Pros

Good discounts, friendly environment, great benefits

Cons

Long hours, inconsistent hours, short staffed often

Alright i guess?

Hired as a temp and got kept on. Hours aren’t the best, 2+ years working here and still on a 3 hour minimum contract. The staff and mangers are real nice though, good friendships made. Great for working when in school/college but wouldn’t be enough hours for a long term thing.

Cons

Short hours

work hard for no reward

management stress ya out with everything and you cant move fast enough. no reward for your hard work one mistake they freak out. if your a good worker in there you get made do way more than someone else whos useless but no more of a reward for it. alot of incapable people work here

Amazing

I had the best time working in Schuh everyone got along very well and there is a great atmosphere in the shop. Really good pay aswell compared to other jobs in retail.

Not the place for me

Nobody wanted to be there and it was well talked about daily. It wasn't well organised. They would give you shifts at a moment's notice and doc you pay of you were late having been given a hour before.

Good for Students and as a Summer job!

Typical day at work would start with you getting your IScanner (an iphone which allows you to search for shoes) and being assigned to your area that you'll be in for the shift. You need to be confident enough to approach customers and initiate conversations. Mangers honestly will give out to you a bit if you don't approach everyone you possibly can. The job is pretty easy, shifts are flexible too so I'd recommend it to students or someone looking for a casual Summer job. Other sales assistants and people working in the warehouse are really lovely and help make the job fun! Can honestly say I haven't met any sales/warehouse people who weren't super friendly and kind! Only bad things would be the lacking of shifts and managers. If you are a temp sales assistant you'll start on a 4 hour contract but this will be raised to about 17 hours per week at most. You will also be expected to do a lot of work on behalf of managers like picking up shoes from the stockroom that they're selling as they are apparently not allowed to leave the shop floor. Most managers are great but some are rude and bully sales assistants and junior managers. Schuh stores typically have a good few managers which can be tough sometimes because their different orders might contradict eachother. Good staff discounts. You'll typically begin with 4 15% discounts, 2 25% discounts and 1 40% discount. Each month working at Schuh you'll receive another 15% discount. Pay is every 4 weeks which is a huge pain though. If you're a student wanting to make a lot of money before going back to uni I wouldn't reccommend -

Fun place to work

Schuh is a great company to work for. The work place environment is positive and the atmosphere is always buzzing. Working for Schuh teaches you communication skills and they invest a lot of time into training you to be the best you can be. Very supportive management team and all stores have a good relationship.

Pros

Hourly wage for staff, flexible hours, discount.

Cons

Very fast pace during busy periods so a lot of multi serving

Productive, Great Vibe

Extremely welcoming staff, great experience for customer service skills, very fast paced job but never dull, Challenging at times but organizational skills improved massively and management team was nothing but pleasant

Pros

Centre of Crescent

Cons

Long days

Enjoyable Work Environment, Unprofessional Management

Started as a xmas temp and we were told that some of us would be kept on permanently. This was used as incentive to get us to work hard however at the end of our contract none of us were kept on.

Pros

Discounts, Good Work Environment

Cons

Job Security

Fun workplace

Great place to work really enjoyed it Staff are very good to eachother Management very understanding of day to day life Great enjoyment on activities

Can be as fun as you want it to be

I loved working in Schuh. It is a pleasure to work for, and yes it can be tough like any job but is very enjoyable. One place I would love to work in again

good employers

good enployers if you want to have a part time job. good for when you want to progress to managment. depending on the store they can be supportive with problems you may have.

Pros

staff

Cons

pay and hours

Great workplace

I were employed by Schuh company for three years. My overall experience was great. Amazing management, career growth possibility and training. It is a great, fun enviroment for work and good opportunity for travel too as positions available in different stores across UK and Germany.

Pros

shoes discount

Cons

people feet

Great

Good job handy enough well thats all really you know dont have much else to say so yeah not much you know ..... But not much..... just chill and have a

ideal work place for college students and part-time work

A typical day at Schuh involves interacting and providing excellent customer service to consumers. This includes fast, friendly service and allowing customers to feel at ease whilst shopping at the store. Through working with Schuh, I have gained valuable customer service skills and recently achieved the Silver Star Award for the provision of continuous, high service within the store. The atmosphere within the shop is energetic and enjoyable with every staff member getting along and cooperating to deliver a high standard of service.

Pros

Accomodating management

Cons

short hour contracts

Stay sway from the place

The majority of the schuh staff are a pleasure to work with, the managers on the other hand are what i could call blatant BULLYS who will do everything in there power to get rid of you, even if it means tweakin things... any person willing to work for this company needs to remember ALL there faces are retail faces, alot different can, and more than likely WILL be said behind your back... OH and dont let me forget, dont tell them any of your personal buissess or try befriend them.. because the whole store will be told weather or not you said it to the person in confidence. So unless you wanna end up with severe anxiety issues from being bullied in a work place id suggest to stay away from there.

Pros

Home time

Cons

N.a

great staff, very friendly

Working there was a great experience. I loved it. It did tend to get quite stressful during Christmas (which is to be expected). It was overwhelming at times when there would be so many customers you have to serve at one time but it was over-all a great place. I had a lot of fun working there.Staff were very welcoming and friendly and i'd work there again.

Pros

good pay, some discounts

Cons

short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at schuh. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare schuh with

• schuh
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?