Schuh Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Deputy manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin liffey Valley shopping centre4 April 2019
Schuh is a great company to work for. The work place environment is positive and the atmosphere is always buzzing. Working for Schuh teaches you communication skills and they invest a lot of time into training you to be the best you can be. Very supportive management team and all stores have a good relationship.
Pros
Hourly wage for staff, flexible hours, discount.
Cons
Very fast pace during busy periods so a lot of multi serving
Productive, Great Vibe
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick18 March 2019
Extremely welcoming staff, great experience for customer service skills, very fast paced job but never dull, Challenging at times but organizational skills improved massively and management team was nothing but pleasant
Pros
Centre of Crescent
Cons
Long days
Enjoyable Work Environment, Unprofessional Management
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 January 2019
Started as a xmas temp and we were told that some of us would be kept on permanently. This was used as incentive to get us to work hard however at the end of our contract none of us were kept on.
Pros
Discounts, Good Work Environment
Cons
Job Security
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick2 October 2018
Great place to work really enjoyed it
Staff are very good to eachother
Management very understanding of day to day life
Great enjoyment on activities
Can be as fun as you want it to be
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin15 August 2018
I loved working in Schuh. It is a pleasure to work for, and yes it can be tough like any job but is very enjoyable. One place I would love to work in again
good employers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork12 June 2018
good enployers if you want to have a part time job. good for when you want to progress to managment. depending on the store they can be supportive with problems you may have.
Pros
staff
Cons
pay and hours
Great workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 September 2017
I were employed by Schuh company for three years. My overall experience was great. Amazing management, career growth possibility and training. It is a great, fun enviroment for work and good opportunity for travel too as positions available in different stores across UK and Germany.
Pros
shoes discount
Cons
people feet
Great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2017
Good job handy enough well thats all really you know dont have much else to say so yeah not much you know ..... But not much..... just chill and have a
ideal work place for college students and part-time work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 July 2017
A typical day at Schuh involves interacting and providing excellent customer service to consumers. This includes fast, friendly service and allowing customers to feel at ease whilst shopping at the store.
Through working with Schuh, I have gained valuable customer service skills and recently achieved the Silver Star Award for the provision of continuous, high service within the store.
The atmosphere within the shop is energetic and enjoyable with every staff member getting along and cooperating to deliver a high standard of service.
Pros
Accomodating management
Cons
short hour contracts
Stay sway from the place
Full Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick the crescent21 April 2017
The majority of the schuh staff are a pleasure to work with, the managers on the other hand are what i could call blatant BULLYS who will do everything in there power to get rid of you, even if it means tweakin things... any person willing to work for this company needs to remember ALL there faces are retail faces, alot different can, and more than likely WILL be said behind your back... OH and dont let me forget, dont tell them any of your personal buissess or try befriend them.. because the whole store will be told weather or not you said it to the person in confidence. So unless you wanna end up with severe anxiety issues from being bullied in a work place id suggest to stay away from there.
Pros
Home time
Cons
N.a
great staff, very friendly
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 January 2017
Working there was a great experience. I loved it. It did tend to get quite stressful during Christmas (which is to be expected). It was overwhelming at times when there would be so many customers you have to serve at one time but it was over-all a great place. I had a lot of fun working there.Staff were very welcoming and friendly and i'd work there again.
Pros
good pay, some discounts
Cons
short hours
The best job I ever had
Sales Assistant/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D22 January 2016
I have a lovely experience working in Schuh. The team is great. The job is very customer service orientated. The team is motivated a lot by playing games after every sale so the staff can win incentives. It is a pleasure to go to work.
Great experience, I'd love to work there again.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, Dublin.7 August 2015
A typical day of work would be to start you shift, meet your sales goal and end it with cleaning you section.

I learned about good customer service and the importance of it.

Management were great people and I loved working with them.
Pros
Good work vibe.
Cons
The stock room gets hot very quickly.
productive and fun work place
Sales Assistant, Stockroom (Current Employee) –  o'connell street dublin 18 December 2014
productive and fun work place

schuh oconnell street dublin 1
Rewarding and a good experience
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown29 September 2014
I gained a lot of experience in sales while working in Schuh. I enjoyed meeting target sales for my shift and interacting and helping customers.
The management was friendly and approachable. The only problem I had was that when I asked if i was ending my 3 month contract on the day that I thought I was finishing none of the managers in the shop on this day knew. My co-workers were welcoming, helpful and fun people to work with each day.
Hardest part of the job was being efficient with my time while giving each customer full attention and helping them in the best way I could. The most enjoyable part was seeing myself improve and gain skills in how to complete what I thought was the hardest part of the job mentioned above.
good job, good people
Sales Advisor Position (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Cork26 April 2014
good management, cool, caring committed to strive for the sale. Brilliant company to work for in general, people are generally nice. learned a lot about meeting standards and meeting targets.
Hardest part of the job, running up the stairs to get stock.
Most enjoyable part of the job and talking to people who really like the stock.
fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  dublin7 October 2013
very busy environment, exciting coming into work. co workers was very friendly
Pros
discountd
great company
Senior Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland14 July 2013
brilliant company culture, great foundation in the retail sector
Fun, educational and eye opening experience.
Sales Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Cork14 May 2013
Working in Schuh was very hands on and customer centered. I learned a lot from my experience there but the most important skills I was taught were those of their excellent service standard. As a company they pride themselves on their silver service and teach and encourage their staff in this central aspect of their work. I met a lot of enthusiastic people with whom I am still friends and I learned that providing a service is about more than just customer satisfaction.
enjoyable
stockroom worker/ sales assistance (Former Employee) –  dublin, blanchardstown8 February 2013
working in the stock room I would have to process deliveries, when the delivery was recieved from the warehouse a count of the stock would be noted and compared with the amount due in. the delivery would then be put in running order. faulty goods and online orders would then be sent back to the warehouse.

Maintaning correct level of stock was very important along with providing line checks too make sure our computer system was up to date with the correct amount of stock was in the store at one time.

Providing friendly, efficient customer service was also very important along with a knowledge of a product in which was being sold.
Pros
great working enviroment
Cons
limited working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schuh. Our community is ready to answer.