Securitas

Securitas Employee Reviews

Management are helpful and accommodating and will provide a back up structure. The management listen to their employees and are quite helpful in seeking a happy medium for both parties Good professional firm
Pros
Good Management structure
Cons
At this company you will be treated like the worst possible creature despite being the company's main source of income. Any request or complaint you make will be cycled through so many channels that it "gets lost"Guards who blatantly flout the rules are rewarded and any issues are ultimately ignored. There is no such thing as regular hours or even any kind of pattern to your shift with you being expected to change your life plans to fulfil last minute roster changes.
Pros
You get the privilege of being treated like dirt
Cons
False promises. No managerial ability present in the company
Worked in most securitas sites in the greater dublin area, some sites are great and have all the facilities on hand. Fellow staff is the problem with this company, too many old school, power driven, set in their ways type of people, who hate change and believe their way is the best way. Not great for an employee wanting to progress forward, Management are good also as well as HR, never an issue in my 3 years with the compamy, always paid on time, good comms to staff communication, and understanding when running late etc.
Pros
Management, wages, sites, communications
Cons
Staff on majority of sites, securitas should have more young enthusiastic employees and less geriatric pensioners
Overall left alone. Suits me. Wages always there. Fair roster. No hassle once you do the job. Good HR Team. Good use of modern tech regarding holiday requests.
Definitely the best security company in Ireland. Management staff is knowledgeable, experienced and supportive. If you are a hard worker they will definitely push you out of your comfort zone, give you an opportunity, but also support you and help you in your career development. They really take care about their employees. Most sites have more than minimum hourly rate with additional allowances. Excellent company for career progression.
Pros
Support, communication, emphatic employer, progression opportunities.
Cons
Sometimes insufficient number of employees causes working a lot of extra shifts
I was working there even that it was far and at the end they make me stop because they wanted to have young people working there in stead of someone over 49 years of age so I left
They would tell you anything to get you in work and then stab you in the back. You will never advance in this company it's all a click. They wont take any ideas on board.
It started out as a good job. However slowly but surely the job got harder and harder. My pay did not increase with inflation. It had good aspects and I'm sure it would differ from site to site but in the end not the job for me.
Poor salary for the level of expectations. Hours rostered often break rules on breaks and employment laws. Quality of staff can be very poor due to shortage of competent guards.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Securitas?
Great company to work for. I highly recommend it for anyone who is either starting out in the Security industry or for anyone who is looking for a change.
Im.with Securitas now a year, i really don't understand the bad reviews. My site is close to my house , excellent pay , management excellent. AN
It was like been in the army. management not nice, talk to you like a child had to work nite shifts after nite shifts you had one day off put on day's they didn't care about there staff
I feel great full and have learnt more from securitas due to monthly training they offer to use, the services are so excellent and I will give my best
The job as a whole at the time was a great company very professional in the interview room. But lack of training lack of management communication. Lack of hours . Will have you travelling a hour for a 6 hour shift. They dont care once site is covered. No advancing in company which on the interview day I was told progress up the ladder is very possible. And was let down
My first company in Ireland as a security guard, I was still green back then so I made some minor mistakes but all in all good coworkers and managment.
I was a greater at the front desk in the main lobby, and patient watch officer. Securitas was a very good company to work for. Management made it easy to meet all requirements and obtaining licenses.
Worked for 5 years with this company turned out to be worst company I ever worked for cut my hours when it suited them no loyalty to employees who worked hard for them but if you were a bad employee they treated you good .they ran their company over the phone .
Pros
No lunch breaks at certain sites and no paid for lunch breaks at other sites
Cons
Long hours no extra pay for experience
Be careful when signing the contract! Know your rights and don't let them full you. Very impolite senior security staff and management. Big disappointment!
Pros
Pay on time, good pay rates
Cons
Bad management, changing roster all the time, rudeness from senior security
First of all, they will promise you anything when you start your interview. Belive nine of it if it's not on paper. Second: If you're lucky, you'll get your uniform in time (read if you got a site that is important to them and the client is a high importance one). And third: The management and those guys in comms have no interaction between each ither. So they have different files on you (talk about efficiency and simplicity) and if you told your manager you're not available on per example Mondays, the comms will send you a roster with Mondays because the management didn't pass on the info on you, so you have to call comms to make them aware of your availability. To make it even more complicated, a branch manager has an assistant, and miraculously he has an assistant too. :D Anyway, if you hmHAVE to work with them, the way to deal with this company is to be very persistent and bore them to death with your requests (even though they were supposed to be given to you without even asking). PS: Sunday allowance means +0,5€ per hour, and night allowance means you have to sleep with someone or bore them to death.
Pros
Loads of hours if you want to have nonlife / Be on call floater.
Cons
No life, they'll call you even on holidays, let laone on your days off.
Huge company,but arrogant.nobody speaks and your ment to know.money is ok,not great for the role.best thing about the job is leaving knowing your worth more.
Pros
Life is bettet when you leave
Cons
Life is drsined when you stay
Excellent company to work for. No issues what so ever. Securitas as leader in Security industry in Ireland. Developing a digital environment is key is really enjoyable
  1. Employee reviews