Securitas Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 17,790 reviews
Securitas
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth30 October 2019
The job as a whole at the time was a great company very professional in the interview room. But lack of training lack of management communication. Lack of hours . Will have you travelling a hour for a 6 hour shift. They dont care once site is covered. No advancing in company which on the interview day I was told progress up the ladder is very possible. And was let down
Very busy company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 September 2019
My first company in Ireland as a security guard, I was still green back then so I made some minor mistakes but all in all good coworkers and managment.
security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 August 2019
in my 5 years experience working in the industry i find this company the worse ever experience. senior management don't follow through with keeping sites a good place to work in. they have favorites and give them all day shifts and others all nights and let them sleep on duty.
they have a good supervisor on site who regularly has to train new guards as nobody stays and they don't back him with any help from site problems that arise.

i wouldn't recommend this company they say one thing and do another stay away. and if i was looking for a company unless you don't want your site manned properly id still well clear of these.
Worst security compa y
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Limerick22 July 2019
Worked for 5 years with this company turned out to be worst company I ever worked for cut my hours when it suited them no loyalty to employees who worked hard for them but if you were a bad employee they treated you good .they ran their company over the phone .
Pros
No lunch breaks at certain sites and no paid for lunch breaks at other sites
Cons
Long hours no extra pay for experience
Read contract carefully
Corporate security officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 June 2019
Be careful when signing the contract!
Know your rights and don't let them full you.
Very impolite senior security staff and management.
Big disappointment!
Pros
Pay on time, good pay rates
Cons
Bad management, changing roster all the time, rudeness from senior security
You can get the hours
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 May 2019
First of all, they will promise you anything when you start your interview. Belive nine of it if it's not on paper.
Second: If you're lucky, you'll get your uniform in time (read if you got a site that is important to them and the client is a high importance one).
And third: The management and those guys in comms have no interaction between each ither. So they have different files on you (talk about efficiency and simplicity) and if you told your manager you're not available on per example Mondays, the comms will send you a roster with Mondays because the management didn't pass on the info on you, so you have to call comms to make them aware of your availability.
To make it even more complicated, a branch manager has an assistant, and miraculously he has an assistant too. :D
Anyway, if you hmHAVE to work with them, the way to deal with this company is to be very persistent and bore them to death with your requests (even though they were supposed to be given to you without even asking).
PS: Sunday allowance means +0,5€ per hour, and night allowance means you have to sleep with someone or bore them to death.
Pros
Loads of hours if you want to have nonlife / Be on call floater.
Cons
No life, they'll call you even on holidays, let laone on your days off.
Productive wantd you leave the company
Mobile pattol officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 May 2019
Huge company,but arrogant.nobody speaks and your ment to know.money is ok,not great for the role.best thing about the job is leaving knowing your worth more.
Pros
Life is bettet when you leave
Cons
Life is drsined when you stay
Great Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 January 2019
Excellent company to work for. No issues what so ever. Securitas as leader in Security industry in Ireland. Developing a digital environment is key is really enjoyable
Working for Securitas
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cork12 October 2018
While i was working for Securitas i did find the role interesting and eventually made the grade of Supervisor. It did open my eyes to the world outside of what i was used to in the Military.
Pros
Good Team Ethic
Cons
Not enough been done for Courses or Advancement
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 September 2018
this was a experience I would like to forget and it was only a very short term I did at this company. I was warned by persons in the company that the job would not suit me and they where correct.
Pros
No Comment
Cons
No Comment
Dont bother with this company.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 June 2018
Would not recommed this company to anyone.Management are a joke and never show up to sites wont answer calls or emails for weeks. Pay wrong every pay packet , then have to fight to get your sun allowance (50c extra an hour) No chance of advancement unless you are friendly with the office staff or are willing to work for nothing.Theres no one to go to with a problem as all the managers and HR are friends also when you complain your hours are changed to mess you about .Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Workmates are sound
Cons
To many to list.
Securitas
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 February 2018
Hi

During my employment with this company I have had no any issue with my co-workers or any other member of staff.
I would recommended this job to any of my friend.
Poor hours
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Blanchardstown7 November 2017
I'm a current security officer with securitas that manger is good and will give days book off .
But will put you in 6 days even when you say I only want 5. Site hours are a poor 6 hours and long travel to get to them without travel expenses. Don't care if your sick. Sick days will go against you and a discipline later will be sent out with meeting.

Over all I wouldn't recommend this company and I'm now looking for something else
Cons
Sick days
Very bad
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin2 October 2017
Management are not friendly and very poor.Send you to work without training and no contract.Salary is not great.Too much praise for the company but in reality very poor.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Bad management
retail security
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 August 2017
Impossible and thankless job and the company can only do what they can in this day and age to try get the best employees but it never works out that way.
nice place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 May 2017
I like there everything. Nice friendly staff good management and many other things. Good place to start chefs career as you can get lots opportunities to try yourself in different situations,
Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 January 2017
In this position as a security officer I secured the premises and its personnel. I also maintained staff ID's and kept up to date records.
Pros
Great experience, always meeting new people.
Cons
Not guaranteed to stay put, could be moved around at the drop of a hat.
Securitas Ireland Avoid At All Costs
Commercial Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 October 2016
Keep looking if you are considering working for Securitas Security Services Ireland Ltd. You will be treated like dirt by this company. The picture management have of this company is completely different to what it actually means to work as a guard for them. Management ignore you 99% of the time. You are never congratulated for a job well done, but the slightest error is met with vicious harassment.
Pros
Other guards are great people
Cons
HR & Management
challenging and rewarding
Mobile Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D28 January 2016
Difficult in the long winter nights. You need to do your shifts consecutively to benefit from your time off.
Great banter with the other patrol officers .
Pros
itll keep you fit.
Cons
long shifts
Commercial Officer Ireland
Commercial Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D21 March 2015
Good company to work for. Lots of hours available and good rate of pay. Good prospects if you are willing to put in the effort. As security companies go in Ireland they have a good system in place between management and staff.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
I dont have a permanent site

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K