Play YouTube video button

Securitas Employee Reviews in Dublin

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 18,316 reviews
What do you want me to say
Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin9 December 2019
Great company to work for. I highly recommend it for anyone who is either starting out in the Security industry or for anyone who is looking for a change.
Very busy company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 September 2019
My first company in Ireland as a security guard, I was still green back then so I made some minor mistakes but all in all good coworkers and managment.
security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 August 2019
in my 5 years experience working in the industry i find this company the worse ever experience. senior management don't follow through with keeping sites a good place to work in. they have favorites and give them all day shifts and others all nights and let them sleep on duty.
they have a good supervisor on site who regularly has to train new guards as nobody stays and they don't back him with any help from site problems that arise.

i wouldn't recommend this company they say one thing and do another stay away. and if i was looking for a company unless you don't want your site manned properly id still well clear of these.
Read contract carefully
Corporate security officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 June 2019
Be careful when signing the contract!
Know your rights and don't let them full you.
Very impolite senior security staff and management.
Big disappointment!
Pros
Pay on time, good pay rates
Cons
Bad management, changing roster all the time, rudeness from senior security
You can get the hours
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 May 2019
First of all, they will promise you anything when you start your interview. Belive nine of it if it's not on paper.
Second: If you're lucky, you'll get your uniform in time (read if you got a site that is important to them and the client is a high importance one).
And third: The management and those guys in comms have no interaction between each ither. So they have different files on you (talk about efficiency and simplicity) and if you told your manager you're not available on per example Mondays, the comms will send you a roster with Mondays because the management didn't pass on the info on you, so you have to call comms to make them aware of your availability.
To make it even more complicated, a branch manager has an assistant, and miraculously he has an assistant too. :D
Anyway, if you hmHAVE to work with them, the way to deal with this company is to be very persistent and bore them to death with your requests (even though they were supposed to be given to you without even asking).
PS: Sunday allowance means +0,5€ per hour, and night allowance means you have to sleep with someone or bore them to death.
Pros
Loads of hours if you want to have nonlife / Be on call floater.
Cons
No life, they'll call you even on holidays, let laone on your days off.
Productive wantd you leave the company
Mobile pattol officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 May 2019
Huge company,but arrogant.nobody speaks and your ment to know.money is ok,not great for the role.best thing about the job is leaving knowing your worth more.
Pros
Life is bettet when you leave
Cons
Life is drsined when you stay
Great Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 January 2019
Excellent company to work for. No issues what so ever. Securitas as leader in Security industry in Ireland. Developing a digital environment is key is really enjoyable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 September 2018
this was a experience I would like to forget and it was only a very short term I did at this company. I was warned by persons in the company that the job would not suit me and they where correct.
Pros
No Comment
Cons
No Comment
Dont bother with this company.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 June 2018
Would not recommed this company to anyone.Management are a joke and never show up to sites wont answer calls or emails for weeks. Pay wrong every pay packet , then have to fight to get your sun allowance (50c extra an hour) No chance of advancement unless you are friendly with the office staff or are willing to work for nothing.Theres no one to go to with a problem as all the managers and HR are friends also when you complain your hours are changed to mess you about .Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Workmates are sound
Cons
To many to list.
retail security
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 August 2017
Impossible and thankless job and the company can only do what they can in this day and age to try get the best employees but it never works out that way.
nice place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 May 2017
I like there everything. Nice friendly staff good management and many other things. Good place to start chefs career as you can get lots opportunities to try yourself in different situations,
Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 January 2017
In this position as a security officer I secured the premises and its personnel. I also maintained staff ID's and kept up to date records.
Pros
Great experience, always meeting new people.
Cons
Not guaranteed to stay put, could be moved around at the drop of a hat.
Securitas Ireland Avoid At All Costs
Commercial Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 October 2016
Keep looking if you are considering working for Securitas Security Services Ireland Ltd. You will be treated like dirt by this company. The picture management have of this company is completely different to what it actually means to work as a guard for them. Management ignore you 99% of the time. You are never congratulated for a job well done, but the slightest error is met with vicious harassment.
Pros
Other guards are great people
Cons
HR & Management
challenging and rewarding
Mobile Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D28 January 2016
Difficult in the long winter nights. You need to do your shifts consecutively to benefit from your time off.
Great banter with the other patrol officers .
Pros
itll keep you fit.
Cons
long shifts
Commercial Officer Ireland
Commercial Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D21 March 2015
Good company to work for. Lots of hours available and good rate of pay. Good prospects if you are willing to put in the effort. As security companies go in Ireland they have a good system in place between management and staff.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
I dont have a permanent site
hardworking stores
Static Security Guard (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D17 January 2014
My day to day duties was to prevent theft in the store i was based,to make it a safe work place for staff and costumers,signing in and out outside workers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
dealing with aggresive shop lifters
.....
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  dublin27 September 2013
good company to work for.

good money

good managers

good place to work over all
99% happy when at work
store detective (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D3 September 2013
I enjoy working in security I would like to think I do it giving 100%.typical day tag and pocket checking making sure all area's are covered by a member of staff if not I would do it.. been alert of offeners in the store. I would have many co-workers been in different stores up till recently i'v had an excellent record from all stores that I do a great job .hardest part of the job is probably when stock was taken from the shop and couldn't prevent it. the most enjoyable part of the day would be closing and not finding any tags.
Pros
friendly staff