Securitas
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Securitas:

Securitas Employee Reviews in Dublin

Management are helpful and accommodating and will provide a back up structure. The management listen to their employees and are quite helpful in seeking a happy medium for both parties Good professional firm
Pros
Good Management structure
Cons
Worked in most securitas sites in the greater dublin area, some sites are great and have all the facilities on hand. Fellow staff is the problem with this company, too many old school, power driven, set in their ways type of people, who hate change and believe their way is the best way. Not great for an employee wanting to progress forward, Management are good also as well as HR, never an issue in my 3 years with the compamy, always paid on time, good comms to staff communication, and understanding when running late etc.
Pros
Management, wages, sites, communications
Cons
Staff on majority of sites, securitas should have more young enthusiastic employees and less geriatric pensioners
Definitely the best security company in Ireland. Management staff is knowledgeable, experienced and supportive. If you are a hard worker they will definitely push you out of your comfort zone, give you an opportunity, but also support you and help you in your career development. They really take care about their employees. Most sites have more than minimum hourly rate with additional allowances. Excellent company for career progression.
Pros
Support, communication, emphatic employer, progression opportunities.
Cons
Sometimes insufficient number of employees causes working a lot of extra shifts
They would tell you anything to get you in work and then stab you in the back. You will never advance in this company it's all a click. They wont take any ideas on board.
Poor salary for the level of expectations. Hours rostered often break rules on breaks and employment laws. Quality of staff can be very poor due to shortage of competent guards.
Great company to work for. I highly recommend it for anyone who is either starting out in the Security industry or for anyone who is looking for a change.
My first company in Ireland as a security guard, I was still green back then so I made some minor mistakes but all in all good coworkers and managment.
Be careful when signing the contract! Know your rights and don't let them full you. Very impolite senior security staff and management. Big disappointment!
Pros
Pay on time, good pay rates
Cons
Bad management, changing roster all the time, rudeness from senior security
First of all, they will promise you anything when you start your interview. Belive nine of it if it's not on paper. Second: If you're lucky, you'll get your uniform in time (read if you got a site that is important to them and the client is a high importance one). And third: The management and those guys in comms have no interaction between each ither. So they have different files on you (talk about efficiency and simplicity) and if you told your manager you're not available on per example Mondays, the comms will send you a roster with Mondays because the management didn't pass on the info on you, so you have to call comms to make them aware of your availability. To make it even more complicated, a branch manager has an assistant, and miraculously he has an assistant too. :D Anyway, if you hmHAVE to work with them, the way to deal with this company is to be very persistent and bore them to death with your requests (even though they were supposed to be given to you without even asking). PS: Sunday allowance means +0,5€ per hour, and night allowance means you have to sleep with someone or bore them to death.
Pros
Loads of hours if you want to have nonlife / Be on call floater.
Cons
No life, they'll call you even on holidays, let laone on your days off.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Securitas?
Huge company,but arrogant.nobody speaks and your ment to know.money is ok,not great for the role.best thing about the job is leaving knowing your worth more.
Pros
Life is bettet when you leave
Cons
Life is drsined when you stay
Excellent company to work for. No issues what so ever. Securitas as leader in Security industry in Ireland. Developing a digital environment is key is really enjoyable
this was a experience I would like to forget and it was only a very short term I did at this company. I was warned by persons in the company that the job would not suit me and they where correct.
Pros
No Comment
Cons
No Comment
Would not recommed this company to anyone.Management are a joke and never show up to sites wont answer calls or emails for weeks. Pay wrong every pay packet , then have to fight to get your sun allowance (50c extra an hour) No chance of advancement unless you are friendly with the office staff or are willing to work for nothing.Theres no one to go to with a problem as all the managers and HR are friends also when you complain your hours are changed to mess you about .Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Workmates are sound
Cons
To many to list.
Hi During my employment with this company I have had no any issue with my co-workers or any other member of staff. I would recommended this job to any of my friend.
Impossible and thankless job and the company can only do what they can in this day and age to try get the best employees but it never works out that way.
I like there everything. Nice friendly staff good management and many other things. Good place to start chefs career as you can get lots opportunities to try yourself in different situations,
In this position as a security officer I secured the premises and its personnel. I also maintained staff ID's and kept up to date records.
Pros
Great experience, always meeting new people.
Cons
Not guaranteed to stay put, could be moved around at the drop of a hat.
Keep looking if you are considering working for Securitas Security Services Ireland Ltd. You will be treated like dirt by this company. The picture management have of this company is completely different to what it actually means to work as a guard for them. Management ignore you 99% of the time. You are never congratulated for a job well done, but the slightest error is met with vicious harassment.
Pros
Other guards are great people
Cons
HR & Management
Difficult in the long winter nights. You need to do your shifts consecutively to benefit from your time off. Great banter with the other patrol officers .
Pros
itll keep you fit.
Cons
long shifts
Good company to work for. Lots of hours available and good rate of pay. Good prospects if you are willing to put in the effort. As security companies go in Ireland they have a good system in place between management and staff.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
I dont have a permanent site
My day to day duties was to prevent theft in the store i was based,to make it a safe work place for staff and costumers,signing in and out outside workers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
dealing with aggresive shop lifters