Sheraton Employee Reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the search See all 6,134 reviews
Degrading
banquet staff etc (Current Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath21 March 2019
Not good communicators, they'll mess you around a bit before they actually give you a job. Even if you apply for a certain part of the hotel you have experience in, they'll throw you into Banqueting. Very rude to staff behind closed doors, no appreciation for hard work, thrown lots of tasks at once and if you cannot complete them all in record timing, you're screamed at. The older/ employees who have been there the longest are also very rude to new staff. They expect you to know everything after the first day and they look down on new employees and give them all the tough jobs. One manager will ask you to do one thing and another will tell you that you should never do that and always ask them what to do before you do anything, then another manager will tell you everything you're doing is wrong or a waste of time. They'll give you too many hours in one day, but not enough actual days. I wasn't sent my pin for my payslip for 4 months after starting. They say you get free meals but this is a lie, you only get free meals if there is food left over or if you sneak some food that's about to be thrown out. 0 hour contracts also, I got no hours for 4 weeks straight. Higher ranking managers will embarrass you in front of all the staff and make comments on your appearance. Very degrading and humiliating experience overall. Did make some lifelong friends though
Pros
free gym
Cons
not enough days but very long hours if you do get a day, 0 hour contract, over hiring of staff, degrading managers, favouritism
Great people, friendly staff and good manager
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Athlone4 April 2017
Overall its a good place to work but you do work hard when it's busy. Managers are good give tasks and you know what you have to do, they will help you too.

It's geat that its part of the Marriott Group, we got a few cheap holidays and we learned a lot about brand standards! we got lots of training, free meals, free gym and pool. People are friendly and helpful. Lots of families work there.

The hotel is family owned and they are always around, they are nice and friendly too.

It's very social, we have a great Christmas Party and Summer BarbQ and other nights out with the team.

I have made life long frinds in the Sheraton.
Pros
meals, free gym and pool, parking and discounted hotels
Cons
hours can be long but that is in every hotel
great people to work with
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath23 February 2017
the best part of this hotel is the people that work there, Majority of people get along which makes the place fun to work in. the downside is that the place is so short staffed. this makes other people work harder and the appreciation is not really there for those people.
Pros
lunch included, complimentary gym.
Cons
long hours with no appreciation for the hard work
Ran like a zoo
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath22 February 2017
Too many youngsters who think they know it all. No communication between colleagues. Constantly running out of stuff. This place would turn you off working in hotels.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long unsociable hours
Fun work environment with great work progression
Bar assistant (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath2 August 2016
In the Sheraton i worked mainly evenings, starting at 5PM and finishing between 2-6AM. I progressed very quickly becoming recognized as a senior member of staff within 6 months and being put in charge of the function bar with 5-10 staff working under me. I found all staff and management to be extremely friendly and good at their job and consider the majority of staff my close personal friends. The hardest part of the job in my eyes was the long hours working into the early hours of the morning and putting in a lot of overtime during busy weeks. The most enjoyable part was the fun to be had with co-workers and customers.
Pros
Fun, Free lunches, excellent staff and room for progression.
Cons
extremely long and unsociable hours.
Great place to learn
Bar Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath27 July 2016
It is a very busy place. staff is very young which is not always good. managment has a problem to appriciate hard working and expirienced staff. the wage is a minimum definietely not enough for the job which they expect you to do. overall it is a fast and busy hotel great place to build your Cv and learn about hospitality
Pros
free lunches employee of the month
Cons
Job while travelling. Fun place to work
Pool Bar attendant (Former Employee) –  Douglas, ENG18 January 2016
I worked at the sheraton for the full 6 months I was entitled to do on the visa I was on. Day to day was opening up or closing the bar, dealing with customers, making drinks and looking after the pool areas
Fast paced and fun Job
Accommodation Porter (Former Employee) –  Athlone, WH21 September 2015
I loved working in the Sheraton Hotel. It was a good learning experience and a very welcoming environment. What I loved most about the job is getting to meet and make guests very happy and hear all of their wonderful stories and being able to help them however you can to accommodate them for their stay.
Pros
Free lunches and gym membership
Cons
Work - life balance
The Sheraton Athlone Hotel
accommodation supervisor (Current Employee) –  Athlone, Ireland9 August 2013
Firma daje możliwości rozwoju,
Jednakże jest dużo nieporozumień między departamentami.
Cięzko pogodzić życie prywatne z życiem zawodowym.
Wszędzie znajdzie się coś co jest nie tak jak powinno, więc do swojej pracy podchodzę rzetelnie.
Poznałam tu wielu miłych ludzi.
Pros
Darmowe posiłki, możliwość korzystania z basenu oraz siłowni
Cons
brak porozumienia między departamentami
Hard work but good fun
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Galway4 April 2013
I worked every weekend doing banquets. I learned how to serve food and alcohol at a high quality restaurant standard. The management were very fair and very nice to work for. My co-workers were all very easy to get on with and good workers so it made the job easy as the team very good. I would consider the physical side of the job the hardest, the lifting heavy trays of food and empty cutlery. But the longer I worked the more used to it I got. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the general atmosphere, it was hard work but all the same the staff and management made it easy as we all got along and made going to work very easy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small breaks