Sherlock Recruitment

Sherlock Recruitment Employee Reviews

agencies are becoming quite popular last few years, trade is dying. some companies over reach with their bidding on jobs, then flood the site with agency workers. less health & safety on most sites,
Pros
some work closer to home
Cons
zero hour contract
Joining Sherlock Recruitment was a change of career for myself and it has been a smooth and seamless transition. I was also allowed develop and quickly progress with guidance and support from my superiors and co colleagues. The integration from office work to working at home and back to office work was made easy with the support systems put in place. I would recommend getting in touch and joining the team.
Pros
Great workplace culture, Hard work always appreciated
Cons
None worth mentioning
I enjoyed working at Sherlock. Always know where you stand and in general feel like you are cared for. Chance to progress is there if you want it and are willing to work for it
Pros
Progression. Office Environment. Nights out and many more
Cons
Nothing worth mentioning
I found Sherlock Recruitment to be a great place to work. There is always a focus on quality improvement and everyone is open to new ideas. Staff get along well and everyone works as a team. The company offers opportunity for those that are willing to put in the work. If you do well you get rewarded for your accomplishments. The company is on the rise despite the challenging times.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, focus on quality, open to ideas, team oriented culture.
Cons
There are only cons if you don't perform to the minimum standards.
The office is good craic to work in. Weekly team lunches and nights out to get everyone bonding. The work is fast-paced, construction jobs finish quickly so they try to keep candidates in work as best they can they've a few lads on the books a couple of years now. Candidates are easy to talk to as well, appreciate honest recruiters! Office can be mad busy at times, as long as you have a good work ethic you'll have no issues there. Hence some of the other reviews on here!! The manager is grand, easy to chat to about progression etc, some of the recruiters became account managers after only a couple of months so again, work ethic rewarded. I had to leave because I moved to the south, but other than that I'd still be there.
After starting at Sherlock I quickly learned the only person who actually liked working there was the owner, everyone one else was miserable. Very low wage for all employees, no wonder staff turnover is high. Owner does not care about staff, he just wants to make money.
Absolute lies do not trust nothing they say to you.Suppose to work at 1 place full time monday to friday job , which never happend .In the last minute they let you know that you will work 1hour away from the city. Also needed safe pass for the job, they tried charge me 2 times for it which never happened in the history Pay is bad you work too much for too little. I will never recommend this agency!
Worked in cork area with them. No complaints. They were fair to me. They are an agency. When they want you to start work. If you can not. Sorry. You have to ask for lodge. They were OK. Just very little work locally with them. They are OK. Would work with them again
Worked for them for the bones of 2 years. Solid outfit. Paid every week no hassles. Got long term work on a site down the road with a good company. Guys in the office are sound enough to deal with
This agency is shocking. Manager could not give a flying frigoly if you or any of his workers dropped dead in front of him. You’re all just money money money to him, he only loves the sound of his own voice. Zero people skills, zero management skills and close to zero pay for the volume of work that’s expected. They judge candidates by their accents or surnames, they aren’t really interested in helping people with their careers at all and the atmosphere in the office is terrible cause everyone’s too scared to speak up. Keep your distance. Then run even further. Disgraceful.
I was extremely excited to start working in Sherlock recruitment as I had high hopes for the role and the new start however, my hopes where very quickly dashed. In the beginning there is a false impression that the manager is supportive and genuinely cares about your career progression and wants you to succeed. This illusion lasted about two weeks then the constant pressure, scrutiny and invasion of privacy at work sets in. The manager does not in any way trust his employees and has a clear lack of management and people skills. I would not recommend anyone to work here as you will unlikely leave in a better career position. No career progression, long hours for little pay and a negative working environment.
Worked on few different jobs with them. They always try to get ye placed near where ye live. Don't mess you around on wages like some other showers. Girls on the phones are good craic as well!
Pros
Pay every week no messin
Cons
Can be busy on the phones, but they call ye back
A dynamic and fast-paced environment, every day is different. Working with some of the biggest and best firms in Ireland. Hard work, and laugh hard. It's a sleeves up and get stuck in kind of place, with exciting prospects and really ambitious growth goals. Not a day passes withouit learning, growth and laughter. Love the industry we work our teams on site and the crew internally. Just keep getting stronger.
Pros
Fun and dynamic
Cons
cant think of any atm
no room for a career path, no opportunities. you have to work with no feedback. manager watch you all the time, no privacy. lack of respect, we are tread as expenses not as human
Pros
cant see any
Cons
long hours, location, no flexibility.
Good agency. Never mess up wages and tell it straight like it is. Placed me with good companies for long term decent work. Would recommend for anyone .
serious and professional approach to employees, timely and fair pay conditions,8-hour work typical for an electrician, communicative manager and helpful when needed.
Pros
providing work close to home
Cons
too short temporary work