Sherlock Recruitment Employee Reviews

Bad bad bad agency
General Operative (Former Employee) –  County Cork22 November 2019
Absolute lies do not trust nothing they say to you.Suppose to work at 1 place full time monday to friday job , which never happend .In the last minute they let you know that you will work 1hour away from the city. Also needed safe pass for the job, they tried charge me 2 times for it which never happened in the history
Pay is bad you work too much for too little. I will never recommend this agency!
Good company to work with
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Cork17 November 2019
Worked in cork area with them. No complaints. They were fair to me. They are an agency. When they want you to start work. If you can not. Sorry. You have to ask for lodge. They were OK. Just very little work locally with them. They are OK. Would work with them again
best construction agency about
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin17 November 2019
Worked for them for the bones of 2 years. Solid outfit. Paid every week no hassles. Got long term work on a site down the road with a good company. Guys in the office are sound enough to deal with
Untruthful, unorganised and slow to respond
Qualified Tradesman (Former Employee) –  Varied Locations15 November 2019
They played all of the typical agency games.
Promises of specific work placements they knowingly never had nor would ever have contracts for.
Denied knowing that work placement had already ended two weeks after it had, even though they were kept up to date and were informed of its finishing date only two days before it ended.
Extremely slow 3months in fact to rectify underpayments all the while continuing to underpay.
Expected you to be available for placements with two days or less notice.
Never returned phone calls.
Never actually received a contract which was signed by them.
Do not touch with a ten foot pole
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 November 2019
This agency is shocking. Manager could not give a flying frigoly if you or any of his workers dropped dead in front of him. You’re all just money money money to him, he only loves the sound of his own voice. Zero people skills, zero management skills and close to zero pay for the volume of work that’s expected. They judge candidates by their accents or surnames, they aren’t really interested in helping people with their careers at all and the atmosphere in the office is terrible cause everyone’s too scared to speak up. Keep your distance. Then run even further. Disgraceful.
Would not recommend to work here
Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 November 2019
I was extremely excited to start working in Sherlock recruitment as I had high hopes for the role and the new start however, my hopes where very quickly dashed. In the beginning there is a false impression that the manager is supportive and genuinely cares about your career progression and wants you to succeed. This illusion lasted about two weeks then the constant pressure, scrutiny and invasion of privacy at work sets in. The manager does not in any way trust his employees and has a clear lack of management and people skills. I would not recommend anyone to work here as you will unlikely leave in a better career position. No career progression, long hours for little pay and a negative working environment.
Trown in the bin if injured on site (overtime, bank holidays try get it off them.
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Everywhere16 July 2019
Worked with them for years got injured on site now they have me black listed. Now if I ring them they say is this your number I say yes they say we will ring you back which is never. But if they want you they can get you work. And overtime and bank holidays and holidays are a nightmare with them. One of the worst out there you being warned stay away.
Pros
Cons
Overtime is not paid
Sherlock recruitment
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Cork29 June 2019
I worked for Sherlock for 7 months sometimes my money was wrong I emailed them to tell them never got it back and when u finish the job your gone they don't care and trying to get money of them still waiting disgrace and when there is a bank holiday you get paid but if you work overtime you get the flat rate
Honest company
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 April 2019
Worked on few different jobs with them. They always try to get ye placed near where ye live. Don't mess you around on wages like some other showers. Girls on the phones are good craic as well!
Pros
Pay every week no messin
Cons
Can be busy on the phones, but they call ye back
Fast paced and exciting
Pit Crew (Current Employee) –  Dublin 1222 February 2019
A dynamic and fast-paced environment, every day is different. Working with some of the biggest and best firms in Ireland. Hard work, and laugh hard.

It's a sleeves up and get stuck in kind of place, with exciting prospects and really ambitious growth goals. Not a day passes withouit learning, growth and laughter. Love the industry we work our teams on site and the crew internally. Just keep getting stronger.
Pros
Fun and dynamic
Cons
cant think of any atm
Worst agency evert
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 February 2019
Worst people in the world to deal with.never call u back advertised the wrong hourly rate! Put u on hold for ten mins then never call u back I would advise to stay away from them! Your only a number a small number with them!
Pros
Cons
Bad magament/ false advertising
micro management
Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 February 2019
no room for a career path, no opportunities.
you have to work with no feedback.
manager watch you all the time, no privacy.
lack of respect, we are tread as expenses not as human
Pros
cant see any
Cons
long hours, location, no flexibility.
Honest company to work for
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 May 2018
Good agency. Never mess up wages and tell it straight like it is. Placed me with good companies for long term decent work. Would recommend for anyone .
serious approach to work
temporary work as an electrician (Former Employee) –  Cork19 April 2018
serious and professional approach to employees, timely and fair pay conditions,8-hour work typical for an electrician, communicative manager and helpful when needed.
Pros
providing work close to home
Cons
too short temporary work