Shoe Zone

Shoe Zone Employee Reviews

Ireland8 reviews

Great starting job

Great starting/first job. I was given great retail experience. The customers were sometimes rude but the support and friendship i got from my co workers was amazing

Relaxed work enviromant with unfair monthly wages.

The work life was very relaxed and slow paced in my opinion. The most enjoyable part of the job was my fellow work colleagues as they were very pleasant and we all helped each other. The monthly wages was the worst part of the job because I was getting paid below minimum wage even though I was 18 at the time, which is unfair as I worked very hard for the company.

small friendly environment

most days i would focus on serving/helping customers, keeping the stock floor fully stocked and clean. I learned how to deal with customers and how a shop runs. The hardest part of my job would be on Thursdays when we get our delivery in for the week. Only two people would have a shift at the same time so the delivery has to be put away by 1 person while the other watches the floor.

Pros

friendly staff

Cons

short shifts, Not very flexible hours bad pay

Productive and fun place to work

Extremely busy shop, constant replenishing of store, long hours, filling shop floor at a rapid pace to back up rapid sales. Nice management and employees with a friendly atmosphere

Pros

Central

Fun work place

Very location plenty of different ways to get in from home lota of different shops for lunch and only a 2 mins walk from Henry Street and all the other shopping centers

Pros

Good location

Cons

To many shop lifters

Great teams and enjoyable

A typical day at work would include assuring the store floor is clean stock is filled, assisting to customers and undertaking sales. In working for Shoe Zone I learned many things such as great communication skills and how to approach problematic customers.

Productive and fun workplace

My typical work day would be opening up shop sometimes,checking till from previous day to make sure it was correct.Then I would set up shop for day make sure all footware in right places and order.I learned how to take proper shoe size,how to order and stock take also to use till and bank money at end of each day.The mangagement was very helpful and enthusiastic.My co-workers were helpful,polite,and great to get on with.I'd say the hardest part of my job was the delivery every Thursday it was stressful at times.The most enjoyable part of my job was engaging with customers and been part of a brillant work force.

Pros

Discount on footwear

Productive and busy workplace

A typical day of work started around midday at 12pm until 5:30pm. I worked the till for the first few months, helped and conversed with customers conveying my exemplary social skills. I was required to price and display the stock in accordance with my managers instructions. I also managed the money from the safe after a length of time when trust was established between my employer and I.I began to do stock out back on Thursdays when it arrived, also, and learnt where everything was placed based on womens sandals, womens shoes, mens shoes, etc. I also learnt how to work a till and give refunds, the policies on giving them and ensure the till was balanced.My manager was organised and fair to all staff.I had a good relationship with my fellow co-workers.The hardest part of my job was doing stock out back at first, until I became quicker and more efficient at it.The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the customers and talking to my co-workers.

Pros

flexible hours, good wages

Cons

no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoe Zone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement