Siemens AG

Siemens AG Employee Reviews

It is a great place to work as an introduction to medical device manufacturing. It is currently growing, with old experienced staff retiring and new staff been hired. The workplace culture is a real family atmosphere. The Hardest part of the job is the commute, but the company has a flexi- time system which is very beneficial. Good place to work.
Pros
Experience, promotes educational advancement.
Cons
Commute, parking and temporary contracts
would not recommend
Disconnect from management and employees. used to be a great place to work until taken over. salary and benefits have gone down. HR could be more helpful and supportive of staff and career progression.
Pros
location
Cons
salary and benifits
productive workplace
grate place to work really good people and good working atmosphere.they also have a full size soccer pitch tennis court and games room with pool and snooker tables.
Nice place, sometimes a bit busy
Good team, usually not too hard on our end although there were some really busy stressing days.
Flexible management and good health plan as well as a number of good social events.
Sales Lead in Communciations Device
I ran the Siemens Mobile business unit ( twice) and managed the Irish business with in operators and channel

A typical day would involve :

1. Meeting telco customers on devices, category ranging and securing Siemens position in telco portfolios.

2. Technical meetings to support sales GTM of new or existing devices

3. Meeting with distributors on sales of fixed line products in retail stores nationwide

4. Team alignment as I ran a cross functional business unit responsible for its own sale, logistics, technical issues and profitability

Best part of the job was I was running my own business unit, had a great manager who gave me the freedom to push and take risks to grow.

Hardest part of the job was managing customer expectations was we had frequent delivery and technical issues that I was responsible to manage
Pros
Siemens allowed commercial freedom in a responsible way that allowed agressive growth
Cons
Managing cusotmer expectations on deliveries
Good work place
With Siemens I was an also a field service engineer. I was involved in many projects and rollouts of new hardware and software both individually and as part of a team. Acted as senior technician for large nationwide PC rollout for Customer (ESB) and had on-site operational control for the rollout in a number of sites.
Day to day tasks involved site visits to resolve issues with pcs and printers on a wide variety of customer sites.
Good working envoirment and enjoyable
Starts with meeting work colleagues at site office,and having toolbox talk to designate teams to various turbines and speak about any improvements to be made troughout the day.The most enjoyable part of the day is with colleagues in the turbine.
Pros
Everyone treated equal.
Cons
Their is quite alot of traveling.
Busy, Productive, Successful, Fun
I worked in a team of Engineers who were Project Managers in our Energy & Transport Division.
Our team worked closely together to reach yearly targets. Siemens as a company with all the other divisions included had a fun but professional atmosphere.

Management within Siemens are very supportive and eager for staff to grow within the company.
Pros
Study paid for.
Cons
Travelled far to get to work.
Lovely place to work
Very good company who look after their employees fairly and generously
Trainee Haidresser
Taking appointments, Dealing with customers queries directly face to face.Getting them prepared for there hair appointment. Taking payments after there appointment.
Great facilities and work life balance, poor management staff communication
Great place to work, would love to have stayed but no opportunity. I predict company closure within 10 years. Move to US
Pros
Great work life balance with flexitime
Cons
No career prospects as a temporary employee
Overall a very good company to work for.
When I started my contact with Siemens I worked on a Pilot Scheme with the company engineers which improved the time and costs on our manufacturing production line.

As I have the ability to work under pressure and on my own initiative, my contract was extended from six to eleven months. I was selected to work as an Engineering Resource Operative to build prototype instruments. My input into this project resulted in our department completing the project within the deadline, for this, I received a special recognition award for my performance.

I got on extremely well with co-workers and management. As a result two of the main Engineers and two of the main Managers tried to get me a full-time position with Siemens. But, as there is a block on full-time recruitment at present, they weren't able to employ me on as a permanent member of staff. There is a possibility that I will be offered another temporary contract next year.

Everything about working for Siemens was enjoyable. The wages were excellent. The work conditions were excellent.
Pros
good wages. subsidized canteen. starting time between 7 and 9.30, and finish between 3, 30 and 6. plenty of overtime.
Cons
no full-time positions available. eleven months was the longest contract available.