Sitel Employee Review

Poor management, very negative atmosphere, no paid sick days and very little sick days at that

29 April 2019
You are allowed 3 sick days every 6 months and no payment while out sick. Commission is poor and not very flexible. Very negative energy which can create drama and tension in the work place. Your lunch's, breaks, comfort breaks etc are monitored to the second, which is understandable to a certain degree but can be difficult to deal with at times if you are sick or any situation you cannot control may appear.
Training is very broad and basic once you are on the floor, initial training is fantastic. It's a common fact that people learn and intake information differently, which is not really taken into account. It is group talks, group games and slide shows and that is about it. The place is very focused on the negative, what is wrong, rather then what is being done well, which does not exactly help with the already negative atmosphere.

Management have little sympathy for anyone when they are sick and mental health does not count as sickness, even though we are sitting in front of computer screens all day, dealing with angry, irate customers with bad language and/or difficult situations.

I must say a few people in management are a delight to speak with. Very understanding, easy to speak with and the hours are good to suit a normal social life. When promotions or new portfolios are beginning there are fun days with food provided and so on, but because we are Sitel and not Virgin Media directly we do not get treated as well and don't get as many opportunities to be praised for hard work and hard earned results.

Overall the place can be depressing to work in. Your voice is not
 - more...
Pros
Good social hours
Cons
Very negative
9 August 2020
Team Manager (Former Employee) - Limerick
I would advise anyone to avoid Sitel at all costs.
Senior management in this Company are appalling with no concept of how to treat their staff.

Salary is ridiculously low for what is expected and staff turnover is very very high.

Team Leaders are very good and the agents are lovely which is about all I can say that is positive.

terrible
Pros
Lovely staff, good work/life balance.
Cons
Salary terrible, senior management terrible.
13 July 2017
Supervisor (Current Employee) - Limerick
I found working for sitel was a brilliant experience, very friendly atmosphere and the staff create a positive place to work. I would recommend anyone applying for a posistion in sitel.
16 February 2017
Customer Retentions Team Manager (Current Employee) - Limerick
Great company for growth opportunity. I began in May 2016 as an agent, by August I progressed to become a Team Leader with a team of 15 agents in both Customer Retentions and Sales.

Typical day would be to encourage agents to hit targets both on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. For the agents, I would ensure I kept on top of their performances by letting them know how they are getting on and areas that are their strong points and areas where improvement could push them past their boundaries.

I would ensure the workplace culture is enjoyable and all of the agents are comfortable to approach me with any queries or issues they are having. This has provided me with a good working balance with my team as they can approach me and ask questions. But they also understand why sometimes they need to be put under pressure to achieve their targets. For any agents that struggle with meeting targets I set out different approaches on how to tackle this. 1-2-1 coaching, side by side coaching and feedback. If an agent asks me to listen to how another agent reaches target, I see this as the agent actively looking to improve their targets on their own accord.
Pros
Commission, enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
very high expectation for low pay