Sitel Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,901 reviews
You are allowed 3 sick days every 6 months and no payment while out sick. Commission is poor and not very flexible. Very negative energy which can create drama and tension in the work place. Your lunch's, breaks, comfort breaks etc are monitored to the second, which is understandable to a certain degree but can be difficult to deal with at times if you are sick or any situation you cannot control may appear. Training is very broad and basic once you are on the floor, initial training is fantastic. It's a common fact that people learn and intake information differently, which is not really taken into account. It is group talks, group games and slide shows and that is about it. The place is very focused on the negative, what is wrong, rather then what is being done well, which does not exactly help with the already negative atmosphere. Management have little sympathy for anyone when they are sick and mental health does not count as sickness, even though we are sitting in front of computer screens all day, dealing with angry, irate customers with bad language and/or difficult situations. I must say a few people in management are a delight to speak with. Very understanding, easy to speak with and the hours are good to suit a normal social life. When promotions or new portfolios are beginning there are fun days with food provided and so on, but because we are Sitel and not Virgin Media directly we do not get treated as well and don't get as many opportunities to be praised for hard work and hard earned results. Overall the place can be depressing to work in. Your voice is not - more...
Pros
Good social hours
Cons
Very negative
Most unorganized company I’ve ever worked for in my life. The trainers don’t know what they’re teaching and their system is always messed up. People have to retake trainings over and over due to company not sending equipment and they send damaged equipment so they have to wait to work and it’s only three days so imagine how much money they’re losing out on. Plus, they have to redo the trainings all over again. They will clock you out until they get the issues “resolved” but they won’t communicate with you or tell you when anything is fixed so you’re just losing out on money. Don’t teach everything that needs to be taught on the calls, start telling you after taking calls. Don’t waste your time. Oh, and don’t request days off because you’ll never hear anything from them. I have other people contacting they’re trainers for simple questions and they’ll never get a response. Don’t work here please go somewhere else, don’t even waste your time.
Pros
Cons
The entire job
I applied for a remote customer service job with Sitel. I was really excited I thought it would be the perfect job for the pandemic and unlike many other job postings for remote customer service, this one didn't seem to require a PC or wired internet. I went through their lengthy application (takes 40+ minutes) and landed an interview just to find out that they require a PC with Windows 10 installed, 2 monitors and wired internet. I'm sorry, but those are not things they can simply expect the average person to have. As someone who owns a mac laptop and doesn't have access to wired internet, I was really disappointed and frustrated with their hiring process. It seems like this company has no regard for people's time. I feel like they should at the very least put those requirements in the job posting.
Rien ne va, cette entreprise est médiocre. Ils poussent à bout leur employés, accumulant les personnes qui démissionne. Environnement de travail plutôt positif, de bons collègues, mais toujours de la compétition entre nous.Le télétravail est atroce, les managers nous traitent comme des moins que rien, nous ne sommes pas considérer, aucune prime.
Pros
Environnement positif
Cons
Le reste
Good friendly workmates, hr is not that responsive in emails so it's kinda hard. there is training anf nesting period before being able to go to prod.
Cons
short breaks, not in depth training
It was great in the beginning. They start to cheat you out of your pay and think you won't notice. Your job description will change, giving you more responsibilities without a raise. There isn't much help overnight leaving you feeling hopeless. I could say more but it won't change anything.
Pros
Flexible hours, work at home
Cons
Unreliable system, disorganized
I only worked for them four days if you can call it that. The first day was a little bit of orientation the other three and a half days or just sitting there doing nothing trying to get in the system. It was a very confusing task for all. I understood what needed to be done but I did not understand why. We had to log into three different things in order to be in the system and get a code generated to get in the system. I never was able to get into my equipment at all because there was always some kind of problem with the passwords they gave us. Our days consisted of just sitting there and waiting for them to get it fixed. We were supposed to start our training by the second day. I was afraid that I was never going to catch up and I felt stressed out the entire time. I hope they got everything straightened up and didn't lose that client. Also they had way too many people in the class so that was another reason why it was such a mess.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
I didn't learn anything
In my position starting out as an agent and then working my way up to coach/ management, the consultants need more support from their coaches. Not all coaches are bad, but some need to learn how to lead by example. Treat others as you want to be treated. Talk with and build with your agents instead of talking to and down the agents. Coaches/ Team leads need to learn how to actually WORK... TOGETHER! Over site managers (not all) need to SUPPORT their coaches. Stop piling work on the coaches causing more than enough stress dealing with 9 to 30 people on each coach! Sometimes I went in early as 6am, and left for the next day at 12am with no overtime as a Coach/ Team lead. Work together or there will always be a high turn over rate. Sitel has great potential, but they choose to waste it by focusing mainly on the metrics/ numbers, and not the behaviors.
Pros
Great pay depending on the campaign.
Cons
Horrible enviornment
depends on your campaign & manager what your experience is like. it is a call center so know what you're signing up for. they change around the health insurance all the time with no heads up. owner is just in it for the money. this is not a forever job.
I was very excited to start working here until my first training day, when I learned what was waiting for me if I started working at Sitel.Firstly, I'd already planned my Christmas week away as my sister's wedding was 2 days before Christmas day. No one during the first phone interview asked me if I had plans, so I'd assumed I'd be asked further down the line. When the first training day rolled around, we were informed there was almost no way it was possible to take time off for Christmas now as it was too late, and when I told them what I had planned they said they'd see what they can do. They also said if the server crashes because of our internet providers, then they won't pay us for the time we are off the system and until we get back, and we should seek compensation from our broadband providers....I already sent in my termination of contract letter and won't be attending the second training day...
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Long hours, complicated systems, demand wired internet connection and professional headset
Sitel is a good place to start your career and there is room for improvements. They treat you like family and the team are awesome to work with. Pay is also good
Sups are very helpful and approachable, management is wonderful, they wouldn't let anyone to be left behind. The hardest part is when I leave. Please hire me back.
Pros
Benefits are great, I got everything, even the final pay is very satisfying.
Cons
Long hours.
It is a okay work environment, 6 weeks of training, wish the pay was higher, working from home is nice though. The help desk is really nice and helpful
I have been working with Sitel for many years. Great people and if you are receptive to coaching you will be successful! I started on the phones and have worked on many different campaigns and now I was able to move up into a role I love. Thank you Sitel!
Pros
Stability, Great People, Great Place for Advancement, Benefits
Cons
Public Transit
There is a clear lack of support when a problem arises. This has been present since before COVID-19, but has gotten worse since transitioning to work at home.
Lo único bueno el compañerismo. Te tienen con contratos basura hasta que ya no pueden más. Cuando te toca un obras y servicios, depende si a ellos le interesa, pero puede ser el momento para, despedirte.
Pros
Compañerismo
Cons
Sueldo, trato por parte de la empresa
I started working from home in April with this company, back then we were working for capital one. Capital One left (i wonder why) and we got an offer for pscu. Right away u heard bad things but I decided to see for myself. I was in “training” for almost 4 weeks before I couldn’t take it anymore. They dont train you well on procedures and you will get written up WHILE you’re still in training if you mess up. You read from a script like a robot!!! What a joke
Pros
Working at home
Cons
Pscu
The pay is fair, the calls nature are not exaggerated but HR is unreachable, sometimes you might receive different info on a concern and confuse on who to believe.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Disorganized and daily system issues
sitel don’t care about you and your patched&. they pay poorly and don’t ever help you move up unless you’re a friend of management already. I felt like i was working for nothing
Pros
Pot lucks free lunch
Cons
never trying else
Work at home is good! When there’s a problem with their system they don’t pay you for the outage! The job itself is very easy. The pay could be better since we now do adjuster work.
I started at Sitel as a temporary employee. Sitel has given me the opportunity to transition into a permanent position and to grow my skills and experience in a new role. My manager is supportive and she is fully involved within our team. She allows me and my peers the autonomy do our jobs effectively. She consistently leads our team and cares about our individual and team success. I am excited to grow and build a career here at Sitel. I would recommend it to everyone who is looking for a career opportunity in a global company.