Here to help

Sitel Employee Reviews for Telemarketer

Telemarketer1 review
Ireland1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
You are allowed 3 sick days every 6 months and no payment while out sick. Commission is poor and not very flexible. Very negative energy which can create drama and tension in the work place. Your lunch's, breaks, comfort breaks etc are monitored to the second, which is understandable to a certain degree but can be difficult to deal with at times if you are sick or any situation you cannot control may appear.
Training is very broad and basic once you are on the floor, initial training is fantastic. It's a common fact that people learn and intake information differently, which is not really taken into account. It is group talks, group games and slide shows and that is about it. The place is very focused on the negative, what is wrong, rather then what is being done well, which does not exactly help with the already negative atmosphere.

Management have little sympathy for anyone when they are sick and mental health does not count as sickness, even though we are sitting in front of computer screens all day, dealing with angry, irate customers with bad language and/or difficult situations.

I must say a few people in management are a delight to speak with. Very understanding, easy to speak with and the hours are good to suit a normal social life. When promotions or new portfolios are beginning there are fun days with food provided and so on, but because we are Sitel and not Virgin Media directly we do not get treated as well and don't get as many opportunities to be praised for hard work and hard earned results.

Overall the place can be depressing to work in. Your voice is not
 - more...
Pros
Good social hours
Cons
Very negative