Skechers
Information from Skechers:

Skechers Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant7 reviews
Ireland7 reviews
Great environment to work within, hours are great, however they cut corners with pay as I began on less than minimum wage and was told after a year I would be on minimum wage but that time kept being extended i.e when I complete a year I was then told it was 2 years
Worked here for a little over a month and hated it. Extremely unrealistic high standards expected.
Management was terrible and you're treated unprofessionaly if you aren't meeting targets and you are constantly belittled. Fear mongering is used every day towards staff if you're targets aren't been kept up. threatening to cut hours (which they do) and worse of all its been said on the floor in front of customers and other staff members instead of calling a person aside privately which should be done.

Mangagement constantly talked about staff members even though they claim to not tolerate that sort of thing. I heard them on numerous occasions talking badly about me and threatening my job if my targets didn't improve. Such a horrible atmosphere to walk into everyday and then you're expected to give you're absolute most and the rest without any thanks. I have to mention aswell that during my interview the manager told me I wouldn't get any less than 30 hours a week and would hardly work weekends unless I was needed because she had part timers in college to do the weekends which was a lie I worked every weekend! And was constantly being sent home early because then there was too much staff on and then you're getting given out to that you didn't make targets that day EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE BEEN SENT HOME EARLY! it was extremely infuriating and the amount of unnecessary stress I had working here from a job that literally a 10 year old could do was ridiculous.

Don't waste you're time applying for this kip.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Terrible and unprofessional behaviour from management
I worked in Skechers for about 3 months and I can only describe my experience here as miserable. A typical day consists of you running around the shop, climbing unstable ladders in stock rooms to get shoes and being belittled by management.

Skechers take their young staff for granted paying those under 20 less than minimum wage. Managers are extremely incompetent with a lack of people skills and empathy and the morale in the shop is extremely low whilst they are working. Targets are unrealistic and there is no incentive to reach them other than the threat of having your hours cut if you don't.

This company continuously cut corners on pay and are always renewing employees contracts for probation so that they don't have to make them permanent which in other words would give them more rights. In one particular circumstance my manager refused to take my P45 from me resulting in weeks of emergency tax. After opening a file with revenue I was told I would need to inform Skechers payroll to apply my credits I asked the manager for the number and was refused it.

In the store I worked in, in particular the manager would name and shame people on a targets board if they didn't reach them and in all of my time there I had never heard the manager praise anyone for any work well done, instead opting to tell staff that they weren't working hard enough and their efforts so far weren't good enough.

Staff from headquarters would come in on weekends and the managers would completely lose it with employees to make sure impossible standards were kept to impress area managers so you
 - more...
Pros
30% Off shoes, Great co-workers (Sales associates)
Cons
Poor Management
A typical day would be approaching customers 20 seconds after they enter the store to check if they are okay for shoes and sizes. This was very important as I worked on a target based system for sales. I learned on the importance of good listening skills when dealing with customers in retail it is the best way to make a sale. The co-workers were polite and extremely helpful and took me in under their wing when I was first starting off. The only difficulties faced was dealing aggressive customers closer to the Christmas period. I mostly enjoyed the co-workers I worked with they were always there when you needed them even if it was to get a shift covered or ask a bit of advice on shoes. I felt part of family in Skechers as each store has its own separate sales team.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Shift Swaps
Cons
Can get quite busy during the Christmas season a tough skin is required.
Here I learned many valuable skills. I learned an in depth knowledge on skechers shoes and found working in a fast paced environment very rewarding.
Greeting customers, engaging them in conversation (product knowledge), serving customers in a friendly and helpful manner that meets our Skechers ethos. I am also responsible for operating the till, replenishing displays, analyzing the most popular sale stock and making sure a good size range was available on the floor.
My day would consist of providing a high standard of customer service such as selling specific fitness runners to athletes as every day wear shoes, answering and making phone calls to other skechers stores in Ireland and customers, fulfilling tasks delegated from managers and supervisors and ensuring store target is reached. I have learned that I enjoy a busy, fast pace workplace, working as a part of a team and learning new information such as new products. I have a very good working relationship with my two managers that advocating an issue or asking a question is easy and encouraged. The hardest part of my job would be achieving an high UPT- the number of double sales achieved in a week. It is something I constantly work at but can be difficult to maintain when individual sales are higher than expected individual target. I most enjoy work when it is very busy, I am constantly meeting new people and listening to them therefore finding a shoe that suits their needs. I also enjoy work when I have a number of jobs to complete, I get a sense of achievement and love working on my own initiative when completing these tasks.
Pros
30% off Skechers shoes
Cons
After three years, still on minimum wage.