Skechers
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 27 March 2020

Skechers Pay & Benefits reviews

Ireland13 reviews
Fun place to work, good and friendly staff. Management understanding
Fun place to work, good and friendly staff. Management understanding. Pushed to meet targets but commission as incentive. Overall nice place to work but poor wage and benefits.
Worst company I've ever worked for.
I worked in Skechers for about 3 months and I can only describe my experience here as miserable. A typical day consists of you running around the shop, climbing unstable ladders in stock rooms to get shoes and being belittled by management.

Skechers take their young staff for granted paying those under 20 less than minimum wage. Managers are extremely incompetent with a lack of people skills and empathy and the morale in the shop is extremely low whilst they are working.
Targets are unrealistic and there is no incentive to reach them other than the threat of having your hours cut if you don't.

This company continuously cut corners on pay and are always renewing employees contracts for probation so that they don't have to make them permanent which in other words would give them more rights. In one particular circumstance my manager refused to take my P45 from me resulting in weeks of emergency tax. After opening a file with revenue I was told I would need to inform Skechers payroll to apply my credits I asked the manager for the number and was refused it.

In the store I worked in, in particular the manager would name and shame people on a targets board if they didn't reach them and in all of my time there I had never heard the manager praise anyone for any work well done, instead opting to tell staff that they weren't working hard enough and their efforts so far weren't good enough.

Staff from headquarters would come in on weekends and the managers would completely lose it with employees to make sure impossible standards were kept to impress area managers so you
 - more...
Pros
30% Off shoes, Great co-workers (Sales associates)
Cons
Poor Management
Great Staff, Take shortcuts on pay
Great environment to work within, hours are great, however they cut corners with pay as I began on less than minimum wage and was told after a year I would be on minimum wage but that time kept being extended i.e when I complete a year I was then told it was 2 years