Sky Employee Reviews

- Great work-life balance. In at 9am and out at 5.30pm every day with an hour for lunch. - Good team and friendly environment - Good benefits - Repetitive tasks form the backbone of the work is is highly stressful and thankless - Poor pay for the stress and pressure
Pros
Good benefits, good work-life balance
Cons
Poor pay, repetitive tasks, high pressure
Cowards afraid to stand up to criticism and giving 20 jobs a day expecting you to finish at 11 every night then ring customers at that time to arrange a time for the following day. A joke
As far as call centers go it’s definitely not the worst. Each day consisted of taking calls from people who wanted to cancel or downgrade and we had to talk them out of it and convince them to keep sky or the subscriptions they had. The targets were tough. For every customer you canceled you had to save 4 and they put a lot of pressure on targets. There was good support there from your team leaders but ultimately you had to be hitting targets and they made it clear it wouldn’t be accepted once we got on our teams if we were off. It just started to stress me out and I felt horrible going in every morning trying to keep customers who just genuinely didn’t want this overpriced service when there’s much better options out there. They listen to lots of your calls and you really have to push and argue with customers all the way so if you don’t put a ton of pressure on them to stay they’ll call you out on why you didn’t and make sure you’re doing it in future. I left after 3 months and from our group of 12 who started there was 4 left when I had gone. Ultimately it just wasn’t for someone like me who’s anxiety riddled and more quite, trying to debate to stubborn middle aged people and pensioners all day to keep their tv. But for the people who actually do enjoy that kind of job, reselling, you like hitting targets and that kind of thing, there is good support there, the training is good and the commission is decent.
I worked at Sky for 3 years. It used to be a great place to work but has changed dramatically and for the worse over the last 18 months with huge numbers of experienced staff leaving due to poor pay , lack of real promotion opportunities, and the company continuously adding new products with any tech support training to back them up. KPI demands are constantly increasing while staff numbers are falling and the added stress and lack of reward led to me leaving, along with many others. Real pity, Sky used to be a premium employer but now has become more like a sweatshop.
My manager was one of the best things about working with SKY. She was kind, supporting and understanding and had the relevant training to be in the position she was. I would 100% go back to Sky if I could work under her again
Sky is a company that isn't hugely professional in how it treats its sales agents. They make little effort to enforce their own standards. Their training isn't very good and the remuneration isn't competitive.
A typical day at work can be stressful depending on the call flow learnt to be patient when dealing with customers and try as much as I can to empathise. The hardest part of my job is getting existing customers on the attraction line and being penalised. What I enjoy most in the job is the satisfaction I get when am able to help customers or make as many sales as I can
Pros
incentives
Cons
management
During my time with Sky TV i learned alot about customer relations. For example how to deal with customers in difficult circumstances and reassure them. I have also learned quite alot in regards to sales in terms of call paths and how to win over a potential customer aswell as existing customers.
Loved working here as I was hands on with clients and bringing business in for the company. I started out in sales, and then went on to secretarial work for my manager to help him out.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sky?
I enjoyed it at first. Good banter with nice people. After two years the repetition and poor upper lever management got to be too much. Very little transparency through the ranks.
Pros
Flexible hours and decent wage with commission.
Cons
Poor upper level management and incredibly repetitive.
I loved my time at Sky and only left because I live too far away to have a good work/life balance in Sky. The training is top notch, they encourage and help you every step of the way. I felt appreciated and part of the bigger picture from day 1. Great incentives and benefits along with fun promotions and competitions. Sky expect you to work hard but will reward you well for doing so. Everyone in the company is friendly and great to work with.
Pros
Free Sky package, great canteen, great colleagues and training, great work environment, friendly management, great rewards, lots of incentives and competitions, relaxed environment.
Cons
No cons, great place to work.
First thing to say is that the training I received was top notch, nothing was left uncovered and the support in place if you feel like you need more training or education on products or policies. The typical day once training is completed starts with a team brief meeting where your TL will give you a heads up on how things are going that month, any offers that have launched and generally keep things upbeat and positive. There's always some competitions or league tables going where your team could win prizes if you perform well and I found this to be very motivating and fun. There's a great buzz around the sales floor and always a bit of craic going on. I couldn't complain about Sky or my time at Sky. Great company to work for, great perks and benefits for employees and a great atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Free Sky Tv, Great subsidized canteen, pool and table tennis on site, great staff incentives and events.
Cons
No parking at building.
A normal day in sky consists of a schedule between 11-7pm. During this shift I have 2*15 min breaks 1*30 min lunch 1*10 mins away from desk My day consists of getting customers back to sky and my daily target is usually 5 days. here i have learned many different ways of handling objections, dealing with customers that had bad experience with sky previously, worked on different ways of pitching to customers to make sales. the most enjoyable part of work is hitting the daily target which is a very addictive feeling. I also am in a team of 15 people, we all started together so we are very close and have great time in work together everyday
Pros
very relaxing environment to work in
Cons
sometimes i have had to work 10 days without a break
Handling customer accounts, having extremely good product knowledge and excellent customer care/listening skills. The environment in Sky is extremely enjoyable, everyone there is really nice to work with and they do alot to keep staff happy.
Pros
Alot of training
Cons
Occasional 7 day shifts.
nice place to work , great perks , nice managers , overall was happy to work for sky , i was tech advisior at sky ireland. hardest part is dealing with hard customers but is great to find a solution. the only bad thing is shift hours which is not ideal for everyone
Pros
freee sky
Cons
shift work
Having worked for over two years in the Dublin contact centre I have witnessed first hand the lack of leadership and a culture of scandals and cover ups. Senior leadership is non existent and internal employee surveys bear evidence of this. UK leadership must be holding their heads in despair as they come to grips with record rates of attrition and a seemingly endless "redeployment" exercise that simply provides a smoke screen for internal management difficulties.
Pros
Some good people who do their best to support each other
Cons
Clueless executive management who put a spin on issues
A demanding but rewarding workplace. A lot is expected of you but the rewards are fantastic when you achieve. A lot of travel but great expenses and benefits. Very good company to work for.
Pros
Great money, basic pay is ok but the benefits really boost up your salary
Cons
Long hours, a lot of travel, stressful at times.
working with sky is an experience , working with teammate, creative solutions sure as how to get drive more sales, how to work with customer... co workers are all good and fun to work with , the hardest part of the job is working under pressure sometimes to get sales but I will say the manager help us to get over that. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting with different types of peoples at the door.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
8 And half hours