Smiggle

Smiggle Employee Reviews

Ireland7 reviews

Low pay and a deadend job basically.

Very boring job. Just standing around waiting for customers, occasionally sorting out shelves. The merchandise is nice to look at, that's about the only perk. Most retail jobs are low pay.

Fun and educational workplace

This gave me a lot of experience and I learnt a lot from this job. I did enjoy working there. Just would not highly rate the management. But over all very productive job and it was fun playing with kids to promote products.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Not many hours

Sometimes fun, sometimes tense and stressful.

They were very unorganised with the roster only coming out a day before that week would begin and shift changes were only allowed if it was an emergency. The co workers were amazing and hardworking but we weren't allowed to talk to each other even to help each other out. Talking to customers is a must, you have to be ok with approaching the same customer multiple times to push products on them or you will be given out too. The management will constantly let you know if you're hitting your sales targets or not doing good enough and foster competitiveness between employees. Unless you're doing delivery or it's very busy at the till the work can be very slow paced with not much to do except approach customers. Pay is minimum wage and often not worth it. They do offer job progressions if you work with them for more than a year and if the management you're working with is friendly it can be lots of fun.

Pros

Short shifts, they provide the uniform, discounts

Cons

Management, the aggressive pushing of products and competitiveness of sales between colleagues

Enjoyable fast paced environment

Fun place to work. Key support person for any issues. Head office support are approachable at all levels. Good progression opportunities and company believe in internal promotion and succession. I feel valued in my role and have an amazing team which makes the job very rewarding. Unfortunately the company get a bad wrap from disgruntled ex employees. My advice would be if your considering a job at smiggle go into our stores and get a feel for yourself. Also approach people who actually still work there and ask for their feedback. Overall smiggle is a great place to work and it's a privilege to be a part of this very successful brand.

Pros

No day is the same, great people and culture, good opportunities, fun product, relaxed uniform, good salaries

Cons

more benefits to attract the right talent

Fun work place

Pros

Discounts

Fun Place Great Staff

Always fun to work with the team, very lively and fun. There was never a poor day in smiggle as it was always a laugh with the kids that cam into the store every day. I would recommend the fun environment to anyone

Pros

staff

Cons

pay

Tense and tough workplace

The days were tiring and were unplanned as people were not told the proper shifts so were unable to plan ahead. The management were constantly getting in fights with people or punishing them when they did not do anything.

Cons

long hours, unpredictable shifts, management is hectic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smiggle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Smiggle with

Learn about Smiggle in popular locations

• Smiggle
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?