Smiles Dental

Smiles Dental Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin8 reviews
working for this company a number of years, they have been taking over three times in this period, no support for staff no benifts,any benifts that we had free dental clean etc has been taking away
no payrise etc

your expected to do double jobs but not get paid much , even when you finish your still on the clock
Pros
Cons
see above
we worked shift work from 8 to 2 or from 2 - 8
its very busy and i was able to use state of the art facilities

the only problem was they had very poor nursing staff
Highly recommend working here if you like to keep busy. City center location, easy to get to. Staff and management are very welcoming and helpful. Can be stressful at times but with such a good team it makes it easier. Handy working hours, rota done in advance so you know your schedule for the month.
I have been with Smiles for many years and have worked in numerous roles over that time. Very flexible working hours and great work life balance. Shifts are busy and fast paced which suits me as there is zero time to get bored. A lot of the team have been here for a long time which is great for staff moral. Great place to work.
I have been with Smiles for over six years, the company supported me through my dental nursing exams both financially and practically and again when I decided to progress into Practice Management. The shift work suits me as I have a young family and I can either be finished work by 14.30 each day or not start work till 13.30 which works really well in my personal circumstances. The team in my practice regularly organize social gatherings and the employee of the month and Bupa Perks is proving a big hit. The hardest part of my job is recruiting qualified nurses, our entry point rate of pay is not enough.
Pros
Practice Manager Academy, Bupa Perks, shift work, Employee of the month, further education.
Terrible place to work. The management do not care about the staff at all. Everything is about the money coming in and gross misconduct, bullying and lies are everywhere due to this. They offer staff cash incentives but they never actually pay them. Hours are changed at a moments notice. The managers just vanish whenever there is a problem. I was luck if I saw mine twice in a week.
Pros
Free dental treatments
Cons
constantly changing hours, bullying, terrible management, lying to staff, misconduct
There are worse places to work but Smiles is extremely low down on the list of desirable employers. Often underpaid and when issues are raised they are never solved. Equipment frequently broken and not fixed correctly. Several times I was be expected to see patients with broken chairs. I would advise any dentist to stay away if you can and find a smaller practice (ie not a corporate) to work for.
Awful place to work so money focused, zero regard for patients or staff. I would not add to my CV.
Pay is a joke, management is a joke, training is a joke, circus really
Pros
Cons
Too many