Smyths Toys

Smyths Toys Employee Reviews

Ireland181 reviews

Great seasonal job

Great place to work,Job security not the best after Christmas as sales slow down drastically.Good management and flexibility with hours. Meet great staff members and easy to get along with everyone.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Long shifts

Underappreciated

Terrible and underappreciatedI would not recommend this Job at all , the mangers are disrespectful and if your not in the clique they don't like you nor respect you

Pros

Discount

Cons

Terrible management

horrible work enviroment

terrible place to work wouldn't recommend it to a did, they treat their staff like their disposable and make you feel bad for not pulling extra shifts

Fast paced, stressful Retail environment

Your whole experience will heavily depend on what store you get. Very high paced, lots of work to do, lots of merchandising and product knowledge required. Management will either make or breAk you.In my case I had a bad manager, who undermined me and was a source of stress the moment I entered the store.

Very good place to work

Very good and very amazing place to work, friendly and very relaxed once you work hard, would recommend to anyone looking for a job as it’s a great place to work

Was good

I worked here for 3 months. It was a good experience, staff were nice, pay ways good and there wasn’t that much work involved. Easy job would recommend it to others.

Soul Destroying

dont settle for a job like this, you can do better! Unless your young and just left school and your making money for the first time. Other then tha what are you ding bro?? Go HIT THE GYM

Fun and helpful management

Tremendous and impactful training. Lovely staff morale and accommodating senior members of staff. There is a lot to revise do not take it for granted; however, a conscious effort of training co-ordinators has been taken to make sure your information is there in your training folders when you need it, and as you start your first weeks, help is always there as you go.

Pros

great training and lovely environment

Fun a place to work

Staff are really friendly and everyone gets along with each other. A clean environment and can be busy sometimes. Work isn't too hectic but involves stocking shelves with toys throughout the day.

Good colleagues and enjoyable work environment

The work environment is very friendly. It can be quite overwhelming having to know the locations of different types of toys that is around the store incase a customer is looking for a particular kind of toy.

Pros

5% discount on software items and 10% on toys

Cons

Sometimes the managers can get on your head from one mistake

Fast paced

A decent introduction to working, it was fun at first- but a severe lack of training for those not to be kept on, other than a 5 minute guide around the warehouse.

Fun workplace

I loved working here but had to leave for personal reasons. Teamwork is a must and the management is amazing You should apply for this job as you will gain a lot from it .

Relaxed fun workplace

I thoroughly enjoyed my time there with good management and was very good for a work/life balance especially if you're in college they were very catering with the hours.

Pros

easy relaxed environment

Cons

Would've liked to have stayed longer but was on a seasonal contract

Take this advice and STAY AWAY

Worked here for months, Please do yourself a favour and stay away, Christmas time is unbearable, expect to work well over 40 hour weeks. The work load is too much and if not completed fully expect to do overtime. Management can be very discriminatory and not an environment I enjoyed. always understaffed and not worth it for a minimum wage job

Pros

Literally nothing

Cons

Long hours, expected to do overtime(up to 14hour shifts), workloads ridiculous, understaffed, discrimintive, bad hours

Decent Job, good to make friends

Easy routine and rhythm, makes the day go by like a flash especially during busy hours. Work culture was good everyone was friendly, Management could be little better as managers tended to contradict each other.

Fast-pace always have something to do

Very fast paced with good pay. But hours are incredibly long and constant fast paced days. Not a good work life balance but good for pay and if you enjoy the job.

Fun place to work but no benefis

It was a nice environment to work but they didn't let me known from the begging that the job was only seasonal. I've signed the contract and they filled the end date afterwards. Besides that it was a fun place to work and the team was great.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

They give you days off whenever suits them without checking in

Super fast paced

If you want to make it, and buil up you definitely can if you work supper hard. There will be people who slack off and you’ll end up doing their work, but the reality is that if you work hard you can become a expert (supervisor) than trainee duty manager and so on. Just work hard

Pros

Always a fun place

Cons

Night shifts over Xmas period

Highly Stressfully job with no rewards. Punished for not working fast enough. Bullying allowed of junior management and staff.

I worked with this company for years. It's a highly stressfully environment especially at Christmas time. Management provide no motivation for staff and they work you until you are exhausted. Management are allowed to bully staff and when you go to HR nothing is done about the situations.

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours, treated unfairly Pay does not reflect work

It was great, everyone was close.

Great for uni students. Everyone was very close. It was also fast paced so you were constantly kept busy, it made time go by faster. Management was great, they adjusted our Rota to match our university timetables.

Pros

1 he break

Cons

stay away from here over worked and under paid

Stay away from here you are over worked and underpaid and you will have to pick up the slack of others working there and the management wouldn’t organise a up in a brewery

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smyths Toys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Smyths Toys with

• Smyths Toys
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?