Smyths Toys

Smyths Toys Employee Reviews

Ireland132 reviews
Hardworking, fast paced but rewarding.
Work can be either with customers or just replenishing the shelves, depends on if you work day or night shift.
Its a nice place to meet great colleagues and management and learn from all of them.

Its a bit fast paced but good rewarding type of job.
Good employment with good management
Nice job, not very stressful, friendly staff and helpful management. Good communication between management and staff. Working hours were sensible for type of work.
Productive and cheerful
I thoroughly enjoyed working in smyths. The atmosphere among the staff was friendly and inclusive and the managers were very approachable and easy to communicate with. Around Christmas time, obviously, the nights get later and with that the hours are longer but with the cheerful atmosphere among colleagues it’s bearable. The pay is good and you get 10% discount on toys, but not software.
No age diversity
Fast paced, energetic office suitable for graduates and those without family commitments.
For a growing business that is reliant upon children and families, the work load and expectation is not suited to those with young families and the commitments they require. During my time there the staff turnover was very high for a certain age demographic.
Busy
My experience at smyths toy store was really busy and outgoing, the staff was all over the place getting the shop ready for Christmas and the black Friday sales, but overall the job was really fun and enjoyable.
ok Place to work
Good place to work, not a good place to progress your career no advantages not enough training giving by mangers, mangers except so much with so little training, management make you feel really guilty for ringing in sick!! Other staff can be very bossy towards new staff as e everyone is young!
productive
Everyone was s nice and friendly and the work enviroment was so friendly and happy even in stressful situations. My co workers were smiley and cheerful and so plesant to me and customers
General cleaning
My function in the smyths toys is do general cleaning, usually I do cleaning on the floor, the walls, on the desk, the carpets, in the bathroom and in the canteen
excellent management and staff all an pleasure to work with
The work environment was great all the management were very helpful in solving any problems that arised great atmosphere. would love to have continued.
Great work place
Friendly colleagues and enjoyed working during busy weekend hours. Excellent management and provides support when required. Overall good working experience for people who like fast-paced environments.
Useful to work for during the busy Christmas period
It was a moderately relaxed environment during the day, attending to customers and restocking shelves while night time was tedious restocking of countless shelves and sweeping and mopping. It was only for the busy period but none the less it was a pleasant and friendly relaxed environment to work in
Extra money for Christmas
Back in 2014 was a nice experience to be part of the Smyth's team. They would give us enough hours to safe some money for the incoming year. I'd definitely work there again.
Pros
They pay taxi if you finish work after the buses working hours.
Cons
Hard work job
Good environment bad management
Working on tills andnightpack is hard cause thereare not enough people and u must stay longer.breaks are ok. They change the roaster every day,some people are cancelled without knowing.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Long hours, bad management, temporary job, no meals, no taxi in night shift
Good
Working here the paat while and i tbink its a great work environment and everyone gets along , extra hours when ever you need them and always busy ...
fun
Managers pick favourites and if your not one they don't care about you hardly even talk to you, give you a hard time over basically nothing. not worth it.
Pros
good money
I love working here!
You get to meet so many new and young people with different backgrounds, it’s crazy! Everyone in my store is hardworking, nice and ready to help you if you’re not sure about something. They’re all so friendly, I didn’t expect it. The first week was hard to get the work-life balance in order and to remember all of the new information but once I settled in, it was a breeze. I love working here ans working at the tills.
Best place to work great place for retail
Easy to work with great team
Great management

So kind

Can't say enough about them

People are easy to work with

Training they give is great

Very helpful
productive and great managers
I work there for Christmas and it is the best opportunity i could ever have, I am excited to go into work everyday because of how nice everyone is. The managers are more than understanding and approachable.
Everyone in Smyths Toy Store's like a big family.
Hard-work but funny place to work for
I learned how to tidy the shop and pack out toys. Night shifts are very exhausting, working on the stock for the next day. Closely work with customers. Management is very poor.
Fast paced, hard work, enjoyable
Work like balance was the only hard thing about this job, working 6 days for 6 to 8 weeks at Christmas but overall I enjoyed my time and if didn't have small family would still be there. Pay was average for management but quite low for staff.
Not good
Throw in no training and den give out when something is done wrong poor company no advance meant and no benefits stay clear expect alot not welling to train
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smyths Toys. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9