Play YouTube video button
Smyths Toys

Smyths Toys Employee Reviews

Ireland136 reviews
Very busy place. Just good workers can working there. Always people working on the all positions. Sometimes it is very stresfull work because some customers are not very friendly and stuff have to be friendly all the times.
took 2 months from application to offer. Salary was good but not worth the cons. No work life balance long hours. Health and safety is implied as important but in reality it isn't on the floor and the deliveries. Unrealistic expectations at times. Very little staff discipline. If you happy to not have a balance be a manager here
Pros
salary
Cons
long hours heavy work load no work life balance
Pay is really good but the managers were mean and one of them made a pass on me and all the other young women working there as far as I know and that’s unprofessional
Pros
Pay
Cons
it was a fun experience to work with smyths. Senior management have a poor attitude to store colleagues and very little support by way of coaching or ups killing. At store level it is enjoyable, you work hard but have the time you need and required to do a good job. I would recommend the experience but sadly not for somebody looking at management or to develop themselves or their career.
Work can be either with customers or just replenishing the shelves, depends on if you work day or night shift.
Its a nice place to meet great colleagues and management and learn from all of them.

Its a bit fast paced but good rewarding type of job.
Nice job, not very stressful, friendly staff and helpful management. Good communication between management and staff. Working hours were sensible for type of work.
I thoroughly enjoyed working in smyths. The atmosphere among the staff was friendly and inclusive and the managers were very approachable and easy to communicate with. Around Christmas time, obviously, the nights get later and with that the hours are longer but with the cheerful atmosphere among colleagues it’s bearable. The pay is good and you get 10% discount on toys, but not software.
Fast paced, energetic office suitable for graduates and those without family commitments.
For a growing business that is reliant upon children and families, the work load and expectation is not suited to those with young families and the commitments they require. During my time there the staff turnover was very high for a certain age demographic.
My experience at smyths toy store was really busy and outgoing, the staff was all over the place getting the shop ready for Christmas and the black Friday sales, but overall the job was really fun and enjoyable.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Smyths Toys?
Good place to work, not a good place to progress your career no advantages not enough training giving by mangers, mangers except so much with so little training, management make you feel really guilty for ringing in sick!! Other staff can be very bossy towards new staff as e everyone is young!
Everyone was s nice and friendly and the work enviroment was so friendly and happy even in stressful situations. My co workers were smiley and cheerful and so plesant to me and customers
My function in the smyths toys is do general cleaning, usually I do cleaning on the floor, the walls, on the desk, the carpets, in the bathroom and in the canteen
The work environment was great all the management were very helpful in solving any problems that arised great atmosphere. would love to have continued.
Friendly colleagues and enjoyed working during busy weekend hours. Excellent management and provides support when required. Overall good working experience for people who like fast-paced environments.
It was a moderately relaxed environment during the day, attending to customers and restocking shelves while night time was tedious restocking of countless shelves and sweeping and mopping. It was only for the busy period but none the less it was a pleasant and friendly relaxed environment to work in
Back in 2014 was a nice experience to be part of the Smyth's team. They would give us enough hours to safe some money for the incoming year. I'd definitely work there again.
Pros
They pay taxi if you finish work after the buses working hours.
Cons
Hard work job
Working on tills andnightpack is hard cause thereare not enough people and u must stay longer.breaks are ok. They change the roaster every day,some people are cancelled without knowing.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Long hours, bad management, temporary job, no meals, no taxi in night shift
Working here the paat while and i tbink its a great work environment and everyone gets along , extra hours when ever you need them and always busy ...
Managers pick favourites and if your not one they don't care about you hardly even talk to you, give you a hard time over basically nothing. not worth it.
Pros
good money
Cons
You get to meet so many new and young people with different backgrounds, it’s crazy! Everyone in my store is hardworking, nice and ready to help you if you’re not sure about something. They’re all so friendly, I didn’t expect it. The first week was hard to get the work-life balance in order and to remember all of the new information but once I settled in, it was a breeze. I love working here ans working at the tills.
Easy to work with great team
Great management

So kind

Can't say enough about them

People are easy to work with

Training they give is great

Very helpful