Smyths Toys

Smyths Toys

Smyths Toys Employee Review

Productive and cheerful

I thoroughly enjoyed working in smyths. The atmosphere among the staff was friendly and inclusive and the managers were very approachable and easy to communicate with. Around Christmas time, obviously, the nights get later and with that the hours are longer but with the cheerful atmosphere among colleagues it’s bearable. The pay is good and you get 10% discount on toys, but not software.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

good experience and fun to work for!

I found it a great place to work and everybody i worked with were really nice!management was very helpful and good to work for.

Pros

job

Cons

Same role

only worked here for 2 weeks during work experience

i haven't much to say about smyths as i was only there for 2 weeks many years ago on work experience, but from what i remember it was a good place to work, plenty of work load and friendly staff
Same location

Management don’t care about there staff.

They change the roster at any time during the week and don’t inform staff. On one specific day I went into work believing I was starting at 5 (I had half hour journey to work), just to find the roster had been changed. I was now starting at 8. I was only text about the changing of my hours at 10 to 8 that day. They did this on numerous occasions which is complete disrespect to all staff, and shows no respect to any of there lives outside of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smyths Toys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement