Smyths Toys

Smyths Toys

Smyths Toys Employee Review

Very busy/ instable hours

Hours were very hard to maintain a work/life balance with. Contract work so hard to guarantee a future there past the three month intervals for the first year

Pros

Staff Discount

Cons

hours not set

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Good employment with good management

Nice job, not very stressful, friendly staff and helpful management. Good communication between management and staff. Working hours were sensible for type of work.
Same location

Cold work environment

The job itself is completely fine, very fast-paced, hard work on busy days but easy to get on with. 95% of customers are absolutely lovely. But there's a very cold and un-collaborative atmosphere in the workplace, some staff look down on newer staff and gossip openly. No sense of teamwork. Overall an unpleasant experience.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

The unsupportive environment
Same location

I love working here!

You get to meet so many new and young people with different backgrounds, it’s crazy! Everyone in my store is hardworking, nice and ready to help you if you’re not sure about something. They’re all so friendly, I didn’t expect it. The first week was hard to get the work-life balance in order and to remember all of the new information but once I settled in, it was a breeze. I love working here ans working at the tills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smyths Toys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement