Smyths Toys

Smyths Toys Employee Reviews in Limerick, County Limerick

Productive, easy going place to work.

My time in Smyths was brief as I was Christmas staff but I found the staff/management very helpful with any of my own queries as regards to the work, great sense of team work within the staff to get the work done.

Pros

Taxi home provided for staff that work the night pack the morning after.

Cons

Can't think of any to be fair.

Management don’t care about there staff.

They change the roster at any time during the week and don’t inform staff. On one specific day I went into work believing I was starting at 5 (I had half hour journey to work), just to find the roster had been changed. I was now starting at 8. I was only text about the changing of my hours at 10 to 8 that day. They did this on numerous occasions which is complete disrespect to all staff, and shows no respect to any of there lives outside of work.

Productive and cheerful

I thoroughly enjoyed working in smyths. The atmosphere among the staff was friendly and inclusive and the managers were very approachable and easy to communicate with. Around Christmas time, obviously, the nights get later and with that the hours are longer but with the cheerful atmosphere among colleagues it’s bearable. The pay is good and you get 10% discount on toys, but not software.

Busy

My experience at smyths toy store was really busy and outgoing, the staff was all over the place getting the shop ready for Christmas and the black Friday sales, but overall the job was really fun and enjoyable.

productive

Everyone was s nice and friendly and the work enviroment was so friendly and happy even in stressful situations. My co workers were smiley and cheerful and so plesant to me and customers

Great work place

Friendly colleagues and enjoyed working during busy weekend hours. Excellent management and provides support when required. Overall good working experience for people who like fast-paced environments.

Excellent experience

Good atmosphere,co-worker very cooperative overall had a good international experience.store manager was very honest and fun loving guy.seniors and all managers was handle the work very easily in busy time

Pros

Cons

Some times

Busy and Enjoyable Experience

A busy friendly work environment. Valuable experience gained, communication and leadership skills enhanced significantly. Working off one's own initiative was required in times of low customer amounts. The management communicated well with staff. The hardest part of the job was juggling all of the various tasked asked by customers. The most enjoyable part was the interaction between staff members and also with the customers.

Fun workplace

Great place to work staff and managers very friendly would love to go back and work again ,great atmosphere at Christmas time in smyths . The hours are long but overall a great place to work .

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Productive and fun work place, nice people.

I really enjoyed working at Smyths toys, I was always busy. A lot I'd pressure working there, long hours great pay and lovely people to work with. At Christmas time it gets very busy and a lot of pressure is put on you, you have to be able to work under pressure, fast paste, understanding of customer needs for them to leave with the correct product for there children. You need to make sure you exchange details if needed with your company workers, as there may be complaints on certain occasions and everyone needs to know about the goings on. Would definitely work there again.

Pros

Great work place

Cons

Could be managed better.

Jobs at Smyths Toys

in Limerick, County Limerick
See more jobs

Great experience and fun!

Great place to work at,everyone is so friendly and welcoming!! Everyone really helped train me in,susch a safe environment to work in! I loved it! Great !!

Pros

Easy to train in

Cons

Get tiring

Friendly Staff

Great Atmosphere No Benefits No Pay rise Strenuous work loads Heavy Lifting unavoidable A lot of strain on back Expectations for daily workload often impossible to accomplish

Busy store

An environment you are encourage to engage and have fun and build relationship with your customers. Fast paced work environment, good chance of progression, great people to work with, decent pay and holidays.You always having something to do.

Pros

discount available

Cons

busiest shop at Christmas

Enjoyable place to work

The place is great and management of it is always on the side of workers, the are flexible and well organised. This was a great experience and the perfect job for a student.

Pros

Free entrence

Cons

Too drunk customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smyths Toys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement
  • Smyths Toys
  • Limerick, County Limerick
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?