Smyths Toys

Smyths Toys Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Seasonal work

Hard work on customer service phones A lot of disappointed customers Poor managers who didnt support their staffHours of work were not too bad Good parking facilities

Great for making fiends

Very stressful and underpaid, some times having to deal with very unpleasant costumers, hours aren't well regulated and some times there is not enough staff to help around the shop. But most of the time people working there are sound.

Pros

Colleges

Cons

Smyth's

Relaxed workplace

relaxed workplace, not very strict. Regular breaks. Friendly and approachable staff. Different shift patterns. Management very approachable and helpful.

Not good

Throw in no training and den give out when something is done wrong poor company no advance meant and no benefits stay clear expect alot not welling to train

productive and enjoyable workplace

I thoroughly enjoyed working here as it was a place that i spent a lot of my time in as a kid growing up. The staff were really welcoming and friendly. I learned a lot about safety management and customer care. It was my first job working in retail so everything was new to me. The shop is mainly directed towards children so i had to make sure they were in a safe and fun environment. the hardest part of the job was trying to remember what isle everything was on and helping customers to find what they were looking for as i was new and didn't know the shop layout yet. Most enjoyable part of the job was when i was able to help customers acquire what they were looking for without any complications or problems.

Pros

We got paid time and a third on Sundays.

Cons

Extremely busy days coming up to Christmas.

Excellent workplace

Really enjoyed this job Amazing staff co workers Excellent pay Great hours Always look after there staff Great environment to work Brilliant training and excellent customer service

Pros

No lunches

Cons

Can be long hours only at christmas time

challenging, fun, educational and productive

I only worked for a short period of time as I was only there for seasonal work a few year back. During my short period of time there I gained invaluable skills which helped me secure other jobs.

Former Customer Service Ennis Road Limerick

Most horrible place I ever worked. Was bullied by all three managers. Hours cut for booking time off in advance for a day trip. Was punished for it and given that day off for for months straight out of spite. Cut to a one day week for no reason. A manager physically put his hands on me poking me to hurry up with serving customers. Was called names by managment. Disgraceful company who don't care about their employees.

Pros

Cons

Poor wages, bad hours, bullying management

Fun, Rewarding Workplace

On a typical day I dealt with customer service queries and complaints. In Smyths, the managers were rarely seen on the floor so the customer Service advisors were the point of contact for all staff and customer complaints. It was extremely challenging dealing with complaints when people were irrational and aggressive but I dealt with them in the calmest way possible and the majority of the time the customer left satisfied with the service I gave them. I went above and beyond what was expected of me in my role because I did enjoy my job and I really enjoyed helping people. The team I worked with were incredible, we were a toy store at the end of the day and the atmosphere was light hearted and we all got along extremely well, so much so I am still in contact with some of my co-workers today. The management were not very hands on and didn't communicate with any of the staff so that was an unusual experience for me.

Pros

Great Atmosphere and co-workers

Cons

Not having supportive Managers communicate with us

Great Experience

It was enjoyable helping people with their questions at the customer service desk and it was even better getting to help people with their software and gaming needs when I worked their on occasion.

Good Workplace

I have only ever worked for Smyths during the christmas period, the busiest time of the year for them. A typical day for me within smyths would consist of going in, preparing my aisle to be packed, breaking down the delivery for my aisle and then packing it 100%. It is a great job for meeting people. The hardest part of the job would be the really long hours, some days would consist of 14/15 hour shifts.

Pros

Staff Discount of 10%

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smyths Toys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement
  • Smyths Toys
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?