Smyths Toys

Smyths Toys Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Extra money for Christmas

Back in 2014 was a nice experience to be part of the Smyth's team. They would give us enough hours to safe some money for the incoming year. I'd definitely work there again.

Pros

They pay taxi if you finish work after the buses working hours.

Cons

Hard work job

Not great

Pay is really good but the managers were mean and one of them made a pass on me and all the other young women working there as far as I know and that’s unprofessional

Pros

Pay

Cons

Useful to work for during the busy Christmas period

It was a moderately relaxed environment during the day, attending to customers and restocking shelves while night time was tedious restocking of countless shelves and sweeping and mopping. It was only for the busy period but none the less it was a pleasant and friendly relaxed environment to work in

Productive and Fun Workplace

It was a pleasure working in Smyths Toys, I have met great professionals there and also, from my point of view their values, and policy are admirable. * A typical day at work: Very busy, because I have worked there for Christmas time, but, from my point of view, they had enough staff for the demand. * What I Learned. How to treat customers in a real high level, making sure that they were leaving the store highly satisfied. *Management. The management there was great, I have never had any problem that I did not get a proper support. *Workplace Culture. Always working in an ethical behavior, serving customers as best as we could, and also they were very worried about safety. *The hardest part Some days it would be very tiring because we needed to work until nearly 2am in the busiest days. *The most Enjoyable part of the job. Help customers and in someway contribute to their happiness, it was great.

Pros

Excellent energy

Terrible workplace

Did not enjoy my time here at all staff are treated horribly especially by costumers but must continue on with their jobs like most places. If a costumer complains to your boss you don't get to defend yourself and you are the one in trouble for causing a disruption.

A learning experience

I did a week of work experience for Smyths Toys in Bray and I can say that my time there was very enjoyable, every day i was trained in a new area of the store and I was very intrested in how the place was run.

Good overall

I begin by pulling stock that was left in over night to the front of the shop to put on show, i then get further instructions of the store supervisor on what i am doing for the day which can be anything from unloading a pallet, pricing stock, getting a van ready for going on a delivery, restocking items helping my co workers with there needs etc. I learned to always keep yourself busy and listen well to instructions, i get on well with the management and my Co worker, I don't really find anything to challenging with this job but i find the most enjoyable part is working in the lighting and eltronics section of the store restocking and assembling lights and electronic equipments.

Pros

Alaways occupied, enjoy communicating with customers.

Fun workplace

Working in Smyths was a great experience for me. Despite the fact that hours were long, one felt like enjoying this work due to the background music. One of the reasons I liked working in Smyths was because of polite customers, great management and colleagues.

Pros

Great management and colleauges

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smyths Toys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement
  • Smyths Toys
  • Shop Assistant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?