Smyths Toys

Smyths Toys Culture reviews

Ireland161 reviews

Clear

Busy place for hard workers

Very busy place. Just good workers can working there. Always people working on the all positions. Sometimes it is very stresfull work because some customers are not very friendly and stuff have to be friendly all the times.

excellent management and staff all an pleasure to work with

The work environment was great all the management were very helpful in solving any problems that arised great atmosphere. would love to have continued.

Best place to work great place for retail

Easy to work with great team Great management So kind Can't say enough about them People are easy to work with Training they give is great Very helpful

Fun and fast paced environment

I worked for the month of December and being a toy store, we were busy from opening to close. It was a fun and exciting place to work and I got to meet people of all backgrounds

Pros

Meeting people

Cons

Busy

Staff is nice.

Had a lot of fun working with this company along side great team. Management could improve in being nicer to their staff, so there is less conflicts and gossip at the work place. Overall it is great place to work at.

Productive, easy going place to work.

My time in Smyths was brief as I was Christmas staff but I found the staff/management very helpful with any of my own queries as regards to the work, great sense of team work within the staff to get the work done.

Pros

Taxi home provided for staff that work the night pack the morning after.

Cons

Can't think of any to be fair.

fun work place

it was a great placement loved it so much always working as a team to get everything done. would of lover being there longer, they are great at helping and showing people were they need to go, it was great working for them because they helped me learn alot .

Pros

nothing

Cons

i only done school hours but wanted more love working

A very interesting workplace

I highly recommend this workplace. Nice staff, amazing customers, and good salary. Hardest part of the job would be putting the products back in their places. I've never had a typical day at work.

Pros

Breaks and communicating with staff and customers

A few enjoyable months

Although working there over Christmas, my job there was quite enjoyable, the team was nice. Very busy hours, but job was okay.

Depressing

While most staff members where friendly, I recieved an unfriendly welcome to the team where I was expected to know how everything worked immediately. The job is repetitive and and managment were at times extremely cold. Despite this some staff members are nice, the job is relatively simple and pay is not too bad.

Pros

Staff discount, Christmas bonus

Cons

Depressing environment

Productive and Fun workplace

great leadership skills, learned to deal with customers effectively. Great environment, co workers were very supportive. Fun place to work in. completely new experience

Unprofessional, Culture Unpaid Overtime, Poor Salary Offering

Unprofessional, Culture Unpaid Overtime, Poor Salary Offering I found Smyths Toys an unprofessional environment where they don't want to pay for experience and have individuals who started with them on Reception as low skilled workers heading up departments such as Logistics and the Buyers Departments. These heads do not have other industry experience and are responsible for huge Revenues. This keeps salaries low as they don't want to pay for experience. There is a culture of unpaid overtime it is even stated in your contract. I observed that Smyths Toys have a huge turnover of office staff in their head office.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Unprofessional, Culture Unpaid Overtime, Poor Salary Offering

Excellent workplace

Really enjoyed this job Amazing staff co workers Excellent pay Great hours Always look after there staff Great environment to work Brilliant training and excellent customer service

Pros

No lunches

Cons

Can be long hours only at christmas time

productive fun workplace

In order to have a business that is successful the workers have to be willing to work hard, being able to meet targets, having a good relationship with employees is important. being able to think off your feet is important also because it shows you can work under pressure and have imagination. The hardest part of the job would have to be working long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things everyday and having a good relationship with employees.

Pros

Good lunch hours

Busy and Enjoyable Experience

A busy friendly work environment. Valuable experience gained, communication and leadership skills enhanced significantly. Working off one's own initiative was required in times of low customer amounts. The management communicated well with staff. The hardest part of the job was juggling all of the various tasked asked by customers. The most enjoyable part was the interaction between staff members and also with the customers.

productive and fun workplace

All staff were very nice and fun to work with. Always kept busy but without feeling stressed. Staff recieve discounts on most stock which is good. Over all a nice place to work.

Productive and Fun Workplace

It was a pleasure working in Smyths Toys, I have met great professionals there and also, from my point of view their values, and policy are admirable. * A typical day at work: Very busy, because I have worked there for Christmas time, but, from my point of view, they had enough staff for the demand. * What I Learned. How to treat customers in a real high level, making sure that they were leaving the store highly satisfied. *Management. The management there was great, I have never had any problem that I did not get a proper support. *Workplace Culture. Always working in an ethical behavior, serving customers as best as we could, and also they were very worried about safety. *The hardest part Some days it would be very tiring because we needed to work until nearly 2am in the busiest days. *The most Enjoyable part of the job. Help customers and in someway contribute to their happiness, it was great.

Pros

Excellent energy

Fun workplace

Great place to work staff and managers very friendly would love to go back and work again ,great atmosphere at Christmas time in smyths . The hours are long but overall a great place to work .

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Hardworking job with lack of appreciation

Typical day in smyths is working on delivery, helping the customers on the foor and keeping the shop floor tidy. I learned alot about customer service that i can now carry into my job as well as patience and understanding. Management was okay if you got along with them, If you did not then it was an uncomfortable place to work in. You were expected to stay past your rostered time if things were not done but was never asked. Workplace culture was great you meet people from all around the world and the staff were the best get on with we were like a small family. The hardest part of the job without a doubt is christmas time, Its very long hours with not much personal appreciation from managers or the company itself.They also say there is loads of positions to grow "up the ladder" I have never heard so much lies in my life. The most enjoyable part is definitely the people I worked with, they were polite and mostly funny so it definitely made a difference during the day

Pros

Great Staff to work with

Cons

No staff appreciation from managers

Good

Good people to work with, in my role of the job i was on tills and stacking shelves helping customers with any query, i had a good time working as part of a team and enjoyed this job

Great experience and fun!

Great place to work at,everyone is so friendly and welcoming!! Everyone really helped train me in,susch a safe environment to work in! I loved it! Great !!

Pros

Easy to train in

Cons

Get tiring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smyths Toys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7