Smyths Toys

Smyths Toys Employee Reviews

Seasonal work

Hard work on customer service phones A lot of disappointed customers Poor managers who didnt support their staffHours of work were not too bad Good parking facilities

Busy

My experience at smyths toy store was really busy and outgoing, the staff was all over the place getting the shop ready for Christmas and the black Friday sales, but overall the job was really fun and enjoyable.

ok Place to work

Good place to work, not a good place to progress your career no advantages not enough training giving by mangers, mangers except so much with so little training, management make you feel really guilty for ringing in sick!! Other staff can be very bossy towards new staff as e everyone is young!

productive

Everyone was s nice and friendly and the work enviroment was so friendly and happy even in stressful situations. My co workers were smiley and cheerful and so plesant to me and customers

General cleaning

My function in the smyths toys is do general cleaning, usually I do cleaning on the floor, the walls, on the desk, the carpets, in the bathroom and in the canteen

Relaxed workplace

relaxed workplace, not very strict. Regular breaks. Friendly and approachable staff. Different shift patterns. Management very approachable and helpful.

excellent management and staff all an pleasure to work with

The work environment was great all the management were very helpful in solving any problems that arised great atmosphere. would love to have continued.

hard work and poor salary

the company doesn't care about employers job is really hard we have to deal with customers; with even the worst complain - that is Manager responsibility

Great work place

Friendly colleagues and enjoyed working during busy weekend hours. Excellent management and provides support when required. Overall good working experience for people who like fast-paced environments.

Useful to work for during the busy Christmas period

It was a moderately relaxed environment during the day, attending to customers and restocking shelves while night time was tedious restocking of countless shelves and sweeping and mopping. It was only for the busy period but none the less it was a pleasant and friendly relaxed environment to work in

Jobs at Smyths Toys

See more jobs

Extra money for Christmas

Back in 2014 was a nice experience to be part of the Smyth's team. They would give us enough hours to safe some money for the incoming year. I'd definitely work there again.

Pros

They pay taxi if you finish work after the buses working hours.

Cons

Hard work job

Good environment bad management

Working on tills andnightpack is hard cause thereare not enough people and u must stay longer.breaks are ok. They change the roaster every day,some people are cancelled without knowing.

Pros

Pay benefits

Cons

Long hours, bad management, temporary job, no meals, no taxi in night shift

Good

Working here the paat while and i tbink its a great work environment and everyone gets along , extra hours when ever you need them and always busy ...

fun

Managers pick favourites and if your not one they don't care about you hardly even talk to you, give you a hard time over basically nothing. not worth it.

Pros

good money

I love working here!

You get to meet so many new and young people with different backgrounds, it’s crazy! Everyone in my store is hardworking, nice and ready to help you if you’re not sure about something. They’re all so friendly, I didn’t expect it. The first week was hard to get the work-life balance in order and to remember all of the new information but once I settled in, it was a breeze. I love working here ans working at the tills.

Best place to work great place for retail

Easy to work with great team Great management So kind Can't say enough about them People are easy to work with Training they give is great Very helpful

productive and great managers

I work there for Christmas and it is the best opportunity i could ever have, I am excited to go into work everyday because of how nice everyone is. The managers are more than understanding and approachable. Everyone in Smyths Toy Store's like a big family.

Hard-work but funny place to work for

I learned how to tidy the shop and pack out toys. Night shifts are very exhausting, working on the stock for the next day. Closely work with customers. Management is very poor.

Fast paced, hard work, enjoyable

Work like balance was the only hard thing about this job, working 6 days for 6 to 8 weeks at Christmas but overall I enjoyed my time and if didn't have small family would still be there. Pay was average for management but quite low for staff.

Not good

Throw in no training and den give out when something is done wrong poor company no advance meant and no benefits stay clear expect alot not welling to train

Productive and Fun place to work

Very fast changing environment, very busy and very challenging workplace. If you enjoy working under constant pressure it is the right place for you..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smyths Toys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement
  • Smyths Toys
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?