Sodexo

Sodexo Employee Reviews

Ireland83 reviews

Found 83 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,134 reviews

Paperwork,paperwork,paperwork

Where do i start. Constant paperwork, every few days there is always something new to sign or be trained on or shown. Salary could be a lot better for the amount of work that we do. Constant management interference in the every day work that you do .It's either their way or the highway.

Good work/life balance

Good work life balanceManagement very fair Some room for progression but not a lot Salaries not inline with current market value (chefs) is the only down fall

The more you work, the more you get. No respect for hard work.

There is no respect for hard working employees. Same treatment for those who work hard and for the slackers. Management doesn't know and doesn't want to know about everyday problems and difficulties at work. General attitude is: if you don't like it, you can find another job. And I will.

Good to start

I worked in Sodexo for a year and half, the job was very simple, not too tiring, no stress from supervisor and manager and the colleagues was very friendly.Unfortunately, you can't improve your position in the time and the wage is too low, it is a job that you can do for a while, if you are unemployed and need money right now.

Pros

Free lunch, friendly approach

Cons

Low wage

Horrible place to work in Head Office in Ireland.

Colleagues at my level were great. Management all took masterclasses in gaslighting, and destroyed your confidence daily, and talked about work life balance while working you to death.

Bad company to work for!!!!

To gain experience is good but they force you to over work. Don't pay you more when doing someone's area of cover. They use emigrants as bate and don't care about anyone else just about money and self care especially the management and supervisors. Some are nice but most of them have 2 faces. If you work don't trust anyone just yourself there. When working weekends remember it must be paid double after 12pm and all day Sunday not time and a half Saturdays. Supervisors show off who is the boss there when working next to you. Don't bother listening to everything they say do the job your pace and respect yourself not them. If you have problems don't hold back just complain to manager and get the problem solved. They don't pay rise well only 5 cent or else if everyone strikes then 50 cent can get up when being eager to the manger. I recommend to always ask to raise money after 6 months to a year with the team and fight for what is right for you. Nobody respects you inside while working doesn't matter who they are in the Lilly site.

I learned that mangers and supervisors just tell you what you want to hear but never follow through...

Not enough workers and no sign of them hiring anyone. Work is heaped on you and they give you nothing in return. For the work we do the pay is not worth it and most equipment needs to be replaced months we are still using the equipment from what looks like 10 year ago. Stressful job when you are blamed for stuff that had nothing to do with you and nothing but people talking behind each others back and thats the gods honest truth. We need a raise and something for all the work we covered especially over this Covid period. We have been in the thick of it nearly 3 year now and all we got was some claps off strangers on social media, what a joke as if that'll help pay my bill or feed my child!!!

Hard work, unhappy employees

Every day is the same, boss is a sycophantic, one day nice next day different, when you start you are giving a job and every week you are giving more to do with no pay raise

Pros

No pros

Cons

Have to ask to go to the toilet

Nothing to say just whole work here is a joke.

Senior management is people without skills or knowledge how to do work. In most cases they were promoted inside company or had friends.In some cases additional position was created for them to get them away from site level (as they were ending up in conflict with staff or even case).Generally avoid work for them.They talking about the most important assets the have are people... well for last 8 years working for them never spot that.

Pros

Cons

as above

Terrible place to work

Sodexo is an awful place to work. No progression opportunities and regardless of how many years you work with them the wages always stay at minimum wage.The managerment system is a joke. They take home big pay checks while the staff do all the hard work with no gratitude, they come and go as they please but still collect their full salary whereas the staff are being docked if you are even 3 to 4 minutes late.There is one half an hour break where you are being watched by management, you have to ask permission to leave on your break. You are still expected to get up while on your break and server customers if one comes up to the till.They say you can attend any course you want from the list they provide but any course you ask to do you are told you dont need that course.I wouldn't recommend Sodexo to anyone at all

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to working for Sodexo.

Cons

Where would I begin.

Shocking management no back up

Nothing stands in the way of an account. No support from senior management.They don’t care or support the the staff Everything is disciplinary with them.If you stand up for yourself they will just force you out and hire someone else.

Pros

Cons

Absolutely no trust in anyone

Great at the time

Worked in Sodexo for 4 years, worked hard,Did all courses, competitions, workshops, cooked for all senior management on a monthly basis,At the time I really enjoyed the company.I have sent a few cvs now to various locations and not even acknowledgement to say they received resume.I do not recommend this company,

Pros

Staff, hours and pay

Cons

Once you leave your not coming back

Empresa muito boa pra trabalhar

Gratidão . Gostaria de voltar a fazer parte dessa empresa

Pros

Sim

Cons

Vale Alimentação

Stressful overall

Typical Day working as a mobilisation manager was stressful from start to finish and I put this down to lack of knowledge in the engineering section of the company. unfortunately in my situation, I learned not to trust sections of the business that were more involved in the hospitality side of the business rather than the hard services.It was better to go with the flow because if you questioned any process that was in place that did not go down very well.The hardest part of the job was not being allowed to bring new ideas into the hard services knowing they would work and bring in extra revenue.Making sure the client was happy not Sodexo management

Pros

Cons

very long hours and travel

Positive management

First off I'd just like to point out that there is nothing interestng about being a cleaner. Cleaning ranges from locker rooms and toilets to warehouses and labs. The job itself can be hard work and there is a procedure that must be followed when doing your job. Health and safety is paramount here at the Eli Lilly site and Sodexo do everyhting they can to ensure your safety and security.The main thing I would like to mention however is the management team here, all of them have been fantastic with me from start to finish and they always maintaiin a positive attitude. This is hard to come by these days.

Pros

Double pay on sundays

Ruim

E muito estressante trabalhei nessa empresa fazia meu trabalho perfeito mais me mandaram embora a toa sem motivo algum por causa de fofoca das encarregadas que são pessoas que não tem um mínimo de respeito com os colaboradores

Pros

Normal

Cons

Supervisao pessima nao respeita os colaboradores

Terrible place to work.

In all my working life I have never worked for a company with absolutely no morals whatsoever. Sodexo does not remotely care about its employees. It has a culture of greed and exploitation. Sodexo is actually evil, yes evil. My strongest advice is never work for these lowlifes. They pick ignorant uneducated grifters as a "management" team. They will actually steal from you if they can.

Pros

No pros.

Cons

too many to list.

General

Bad language and a team what don't care about nothing. They even serve the kids with a sandwich what was on the floor... It need a better clean in the kitchen and good managers...

Horrible place to work

I would not advise anyone to work here. The management treat the staff very badly. It took 3 wks for me to finally get my wages. There were barely any breaks I worked so hard that I ended up suffering from exhaustion. My doctor told me I had to take a week off because I was physically ill and vomiting in the morning.

Cons

No pros

Thought workplace to be in

Jobs are overstretched duties are excessive. There is too much management that makes many poor decisions. There is always pushing to do more not to improve. It not a place where you can speak your mind out and point what is wrong. Salaries are not just non competitive they are low.

Cons

Unpaid overtimes, overated work expectations, u polite management

A very poor company to work for

A corporate giant that cares for neither people nor principles. One of the worst experiences working I have ever endured. Managers steal, people plant things to have people fired, and the list goes on.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay, no job security, underhanded and legally and morally questionable tactics in doing business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Sodexo with

• Sodexo
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?