Sodexo

Sodexo Employee Reviews

Ireland90 reviews

Found 90 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,444 reviews

Not a bad place to work

A decent place to work, have to be able to work on own initiative as you are sent to clean different areas on your own. Overall it was an okay experience job gets a little repetitive and there is no further training or place for progression.

Pros

Get to work on your own

Cons

Not enough hours

Toxic place to work

Bad management, No work life balance. No room to get promotion. Staff calling in sick all the time . Have to cover the work and nothing extra to show for it.

Relaxed happy place to work. Hours just didn't suit me in the end but I'd recommend it. Managers very approachable and staff good fun was sad to leave.

Hard work but rewarding

Hard work keeping everyone happy but good fun . Great job working on PPP contracts. The only negative is I have to travel 3600 ks every month. Progressive organisation growing every year . Great programme of training available for all employees.

Pros

Car, phone, remote working, diversity in every day problems coming at you

Cons

Long hours, lots of travel, difficult to get time out

great oppertunities

make good money overtime great benefits and the job is not too hard or demanding. coworkers are cool. Management can be ok depending on the person. always get paid on time.

Pros

hours

Cons

breaks

Definition of Circus

At the start of your beautiful journey with this fantastic bunch, you're approached with a fantastic spectrum of ''benefits'' and ''promises'' and a vision of endless opportunities...LIES!!!You're being overworked from the minute you pass the recruitment and settle in, and its an endless loop of paperwork and toolbox talks that actually never happen. A joke is all it is, working here has led me to major downfall in my mental health and self confidence, too many managers in place with different opinions that contradict each other, you're expected to follow protocol yet once you clarify that it is not doable, they tell you that its actually not important and to follow it when possible.constant battle for a correct paycheck, is also a problem. Somehow the people in position of organizing the payroll have the mathematical knowledge of an orangutan and keep mixing up your paychecks or cutting your hours short.Not only are you being fed an endless bunch of lies from the management, but also are they near to impossible to reach most of the times.Family Emergency? and cant make it to work??first you have to listen to a whole litany about the lack of staff, along with their manipulation tactics to actually make you come in or feel guilty that you didn't...Bare in mind their credo is family and people oriented...yeah right.So, concluding this personal experience of working for this 0/5 company.I would highly recommend to stay away and keep your dignity, as this bunch is not focused on the wellbeing of their employees and will drive you to the brink of sanity.

Pros

Crazier stories than Disney

Cons

poor management, massive workload, pay not equivalent to the workload, paperwork paperwork and paperwork. overall -10/5 rating

Empresa boa pra se trabalhar

Eu trabalhei 3 anos e não tive oportunidade de crescimento

Not a fun place to work for

I have work for Sodexo 3 years I was appointed as kitchen Porter but has worked as FSA and cleaning too. The manager was not thankful, everyone else get their weekend off rotated properly but mine was not rotated at all. Family is being protected and can go on holiday together and if I asked for holiday 2 person can’t go holiday together. Poor management poor training and poor action from HR. Thank you

Paperwork,paperwork,paperwork

Where do i start. Constant paperwork, every few days there is always something new to sign or be trained on or shown. Salary could be a lot better for the amount of work that we do. Constant management interference in the every day work that you do .It's either their way or the highway.

Good work/life balance

Good work life balanceManagement very fair Some room for progression but not a lot Salaries not inline with current market value (chefs) is the only down fall

The more you work, the more you get. No respect for hard work.

There is no respect for hard working employees. Same treatment for those who work hard and for the slackers. Management doesn't know and doesn't want to know about everyday problems and difficulties at work. General attitude is: if you don't like it, you can find another job. And I will.

Good to start

I worked in Sodexo for a year and half, the job was very simple, not too tiring, no stress from supervisor and manager and the colleagues was very friendly.Unfortunately, you can't improve your position in the time and the wage is too low, it is a job that you can do for a while, if you are unemployed and need money right now.

Pros

Free lunch, friendly approach

Cons

Low wage

Horrible place to work in Head Office in Ireland.

Colleagues at my level were great. Management all took masterclasses in gaslighting, and destroyed your confidence daily, and talked about work life balance while working you to death.

I learned that mangers and supervisors just tell you what you want to hear but never follow through...

Not enough workers and no sign of them hiring anyone. Work is heaped on you and they give you nothing in return. For the work we do the pay is not worth it and most equipment needs to be replaced months we are still using the equipment from what looks like 10 year ago. Stressful job when you are blamed for stuff that had nothing to do with you and nothing but people talking behind each others back and thats the gods honest truth. We need a raise and something for all the work we covered especially over this Covid period. We have been in the thick of it nearly 3 year now and all we got was some claps off strangers on social media, what a joke as if that'll help pay my bill or feed my child!!!

Hard work, unhappy employees

Every day is the same, boss is a sycophantic, one day nice next day different, when you start you are giving a job and every week you are giving more to do with no pay raise

Pros

No pros

Cons

Have to ask to go to the toilet

Nothing to say just whole work here is a joke.

Senior management is people without skills or knowledge how to do work. In most cases they were promoted inside company or had friends.In some cases additional position was created for them to get them away from site level (as they were ending up in conflict with staff or even case).Generally avoid work for them.They talking about the most important assets the have are people... well for last 8 years working for them never spot that.

Pros

Cons

as above

Terrible place to work

Sodexo is an awful place to work. No progression opportunities and regardless of how many years you work with them the wages always stay at minimum wage.The managerment system is a joke. They take home big pay checks while the staff do all the hard work with no gratitude, they come and go as they please but still collect their full salary whereas the staff are being docked if you are even 3 to 4 minutes late.There is one half an hour break where you are being watched by management, you have to ask permission to leave on your break. You are still expected to get up while on your break and server customers if one comes up to the till.They say you can attend any course you want from the list they provide but any course you ask to do you are told you dont need that course.I wouldn't recommend Sodexo to anyone at all

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to working for Sodexo.

Cons

Where would I begin.

Shocking management no back up

Nothing stands in the way of an account. No support from senior management.They don’t care or support the the staff Everything is disciplinary with them.If you stand up for yourself they will just force you out and hire someone else.

Pros

Cons

Absolutely no trust in anyone

Great at the time

Worked in Sodexo for 4 years, worked hard,Did all courses, competitions, workshops, cooked for all senior management on a monthly basis,At the time I really enjoyed the company.I have sent a few cvs now to various locations and not even acknowledgement to say they received resume.I do not recommend this company,

Pros

Staff, hours and pay

Cons

Once you leave your not coming back

Empresa muito boa pra trabalhar

Gratidão . Gostaria de voltar a fazer parte dessa empresa

Pros

Sim

Cons

Vale Alimentação

Stressful overall

Typical Day working as a mobilisation manager was stressful from start to finish and I put this down to lack of knowledge in the engineering section of the company. unfortunately in my situation, I learned not to trust sections of the business that were more involved in the hospitality side of the business rather than the hard services.It was better to go with the flow because if you questioned any process that was in place that did not go down very well.The hardest part of the job was not being allowed to bring new ideas into the hard services knowing they would work and bring in extra revenue.Making sure the client was happy not Sodexo management

Pros

Cons

very long hours and travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Sodexo with

• Sodexo
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?