Sonas Nursing homes

Sonas Nursing homes Employee Reviews

Not worth the wage for the work load
I enjoyed my time with Sonas but after a while I noticed the cracks in management and was worn down.

I was wreaked tired and had barely time to see my family or take care of other business outside of the company. Great to learning how to work as part of team.and basics of caring but the work load can be too much
Caring company
Caring company with staff benefits. Advanced available in career. Management approachable
HR department friendly

Good staff morale promited

Pay scale good.
Great Place to Work
There is a great culture of teamwork and productivity in Sonas. Person-centred care is to the forefront and the Company values are demonstrated daily. No day is the same and you are constantly learning.
Pros
Great teamwork, Living the Sonas Values Awards, Benefits provided, Approachable Management
Most stressful job ever
Getting people out of bed, giving full personal care, cleaning rooms/wardrobes. Management is lovely cannot fault them with such a small staff. Hardest part of job is watching lovely people die, and having to comfort relatives, so stressful and upsetting. The most enjoyable part is going home, knowing you have made alot of people happy, but you are not, with so much stress and the long 12 hour shifts (4 per week)
Very supportive place to work.
Received excellent training and support to get me up to speed when I started. Management are friendly and supportive. Would highly recommend working here.
Never
I would not recommend them. Management to higher ups have no standardisation. Aweful place to work. Pay sucks. Even after you have your PIN you are still paid €11. How would a foreign worker survive that? In addition they will delay processing your critical workpermit. By law that is illegal.
Staff and Management really care about residents
Sonas was a great place to work, I really loved the care and attention staff gave residents. Full Training was completed from their training team in Ballina. I felt valued as a team member. I hope to go back to working here once I am better.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonas Nursing homes. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3