Sonas Nursing homes

Sonas Nursing homes Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time with Sonas but after a while I noticed the cracks in management and was worn down. I was wreaked tired and had barely time to see my family or take care of other business outside of the company. Great to learning how to work as part of team.and basics of caring but the work load can be too much
Staff are lovely. Workload was too much for someone new. No guidance, expected to know everything after a three day induction. Left alone a lot with a lot of patients. Management did not care about staff. Some patients were not given enough attention emotionally. Always understaffed.
Pros
Free lunch delish
Cons
Long hours and management don’t care about staff
Catering assistant's are very nasty towards chef's, the management team needs to handle those issues, its bring the company name down, cigarette breaks are taken every 45 minutes leaving the chef under pressure. A New team of catering assistant's need to take over get rid off the old catering team.
Pros
Catering Assistant's bunch of bullies
Cons
Catering Assistants have no respect for chef in charge
I worked as a HCA while I was training to be a nurse, weekends, holidays, summers etc. I really enjoyed my time in Sonas and remember being so sad when I left. The team work hard, all for the same goal; making the residents happy. I'm not saying its an easy job but definitely reaps its rewards in droves ! The management were supportive and approachable.
Pros
Great team, great atmosphere, prioritises residents.
Cons
Workload can be heavy at times but understandable
The work is fast paced but is very rewarding and support from both Management and colleagues make it a great place to work. As a new member of the team everyone is extremely helpful and supportive. Senior members of staff encourage questions and like training and helping new staff.
Pros
Supportive Team and Management
Cons
Fast Paced but Rewarding
Had an overall good experience at Sonas and enjoyed my time working there. The girl in recruitment was very friendly and made applying for the job and Garda vetting very easy. My PIC was lovely and really made me feel appreciated. Wages could be a little better but other than that I couldn't fault this company.
Pros
Good place to work and staff are supported
Cons
Wages could be higher
Had an over all good experience working at Sonas Nursing Homes as a healthcare Assistant. Staff are appreciated for their work and there is a great team spirit on the floor. management were very support during recent pandemic and ensured guidelines were set in place so we knew what to do. Although the work can be challenging it was a nice place to work and I would recommend to others. Rec
Pros
Good working friendly environment
Cons
Workload can be tough at times but that's to be expected given the current pandemic
New management running the homes for financial gain without respect or kindness to the residents and the staff. It's a business. Ruthless in their new approach. Disgusting.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Compliance Manager and degrading treatment of staff
Good training opportunities. A typical day at work has me leaving work with a smile on my face, knowing I've helped so many people throughout the day is truly a rewarding feeling. Working as a healthcare assistant is a fast-paced, challenging, physically mentally and emotional draining job - but it is very rewarding and majority of people at sonas stick it out on little pay because they enjoy their job, we're certainly not doing it for the money. Sonas are a company that would really need to put their money where their mouth is. Paying €10 an hour for a job where we risk our lives and work tirelessly is ridiculous. In recent times many HCA's have been working 60+ hour weeks trying to make ends meet for the sake of our residents who we care for dearly. The residents are well looked after by staff, but staff are not very well looked after by management. Management only seem to care about greed for money. I hope that this greed for money and constant cut-backs doesn't affect the quality of care to the residents, because this seems to be the way things are going and it's a shame to see this happen. Many members of staff dont feel cared about from the company. They will tell us to advocate but when we do nothing is done about it most of the time. Overall, I would still advise working for this company as long as your expectations aren't set too high. If you want to do it for the sake of caring and enjoying that aspect of patient centred care then go for it. If you're doing it for the money then don't waste your time.
Caring company with staff benefits. Advanced available in career. Management approachable HR department friendly Good staff morale promited Pay scale good.
There is a great culture of teamwork and productivity in Sonas. Person-centred care is to the forefront and the Company values are demonstrated daily. No day is the same and you are constantly learning.
Pros
Great teamwork, Living the Sonas Values Awards, Benefits provided, Approachable Management
Getting people out of bed, giving full personal care, cleaning rooms/wardrobes. Management is lovely cannot fault them with such a small staff. Hardest part of job is watching lovely people die, and having to comfort relatives, so stressful and upsetting. The most enjoyable part is going home, knowing you have made alot of people happy, but you are not, with so much stress and the long 12 hour shifts (4 per week)
Received excellent training and support to get me up to speed when I started. Management are friendly and supportive. Would highly recommend working here.
I would not recommend them. Management to higher ups have no standardisation. Aweful place to work. Pay sucks. Even after you have your PIN you are still paid €11. How would a foreign worker survive that? In addition they will delay processing your critical workpermit. By law that is illegal.
Sonas was a great place to work, I really loved the care and attention staff gave residents. Full Training was completed from their training team in Ballina. I felt valued as a team member. I hope to go back to working here once I am better.