Sonas Nursing homes

Sonas Nursing homes Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Healthcare Assistant4 reviews
Ireland4 reviews
Not worth the wage for the work load
I enjoyed my time with Sonas but after a while I noticed the cracks in management and was worn down.

I was wreaked tired and had barely time to see my family or take care of other business outside of the company. Great to learning how to work as part of team.and basics of caring but the work load can be too much
Little appreciation for staff
Good training opportunities. A typical day at work has me leaving work with a smile on my face, knowing I've helped so many people throughout the day is truly a rewarding feeling.

Working as a healthcare assistant is a fast-paced, challenging, physically mentally and emotional draining job - but it is very rewarding and majority of people at sonas stick it out on little pay because they enjoy their job, we're certainly not doing it for the money. Sonas are a company that would really need to put their money where their mouth is. Paying €10 an hour for a job where we risk our lives and work tirelessly is ridiculous. In recent times many HCA's have been working 60+ hour weeks trying to make ends meet for the sake of our residents who we care for dearly. The residents are well looked after by staff, but staff are not very well looked after by management. Management only seem to care about greed for money. I hope that this greed for money and constant cut-backs doesn't affect the quality of care to the residents, because this seems to be the way things are going and it's a shame to see this happen. Many members of staff dont feel cared about from the company. They will tell us to advocate but when we do nothing is done about it most of the time.

Overall, I would still advise working for this company as long as your expectations aren't set too high. If you want to do it for the sake of caring and enjoying that aspect of patient centred care then go for it. If you're doing it for the money then don't waste your time.
Most stressful job ever
Getting people out of bed, giving full personal care, cleaning rooms/wardrobes. Management is lovely cannot fault them with such a small staff. Hardest part of job is watching lovely people die, and having to comfort relatives, so stressful and upsetting. The most enjoyable part is going home, knowing you have made alot of people happy, but you are not, with so much stress and the long 12 hour shifts (4 per week)
Staff and Management really care about residents
Sonas was a great place to work, I really loved the care and attention staff gave residents. Full Training was completed from their training team in Ballina. I felt valued as a team member. I hope to go back to working here once I am better.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonas Nursing homes. Our community is ready to answer.